SiouxSports.com Forum

drop that puck counter

YaneA

I heard Hak say last night that the first game of the 06-07 season is an Oct. 1 exhibition with Manitoba. Could we get a countdown counter to that event on the forum page, once the game time is set?

P.S. GDM, if you're reading this, Derrick Byfuglien DID play in 6 games for the Sioux in 00-01. I knew I'd seen his name on a game-worn jersey and in the list of letterwinners in "Fight On Sioux."

I wonder if he would be related to Dustin Byfuglien, who plays for the Blackhawks, they are both from Roseau. I see Derrick only played 6 games for the Sioux, did he leave early or get injured? Does any one know, just curious.

Left for major juniors. He wasn't getting playing time.

I wonder if he would be related to Dustin Byfuglien, who plays for the Blackhawks, they are both from Roseau. I see Derrick only played 6 games for the Sioux, did he leave early or get injured? Does any one know, just curious.

They are cousins.

I hate to lump suggestions onto an "I'll see what I can do" from Jim, but I was wondering if it could be sort of like one of those website counters you see like "172 people have visited this thread since this counter was put up" or something like, but instead of counting up as people access the site at this point , it could be something like:

There are 169 days until the puck drops

And count down one number a day?

Some may recall the scorebar that I had up last summer and the first month or two of last Fall. I never quite got the real-time score updates working to the point that I was happy with them, but the countdown works pretty well.

It's currently back up at the top of the front page http://siouxsports.com/. I should be able to get that deployed back throughout the site.

For starters I can't wait for the puck to drop & second for those who are somewhat curious. I have been a "FIGHTIN SIOUX" fan for over 30 years that's longer than some of these folks on this board that have been alive. So hurry hockey season get here soon if not soon enough. Well at least there's NASCAR to keep me going.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

For starters I can't wait for the puck to drop & second for those who are somewhat curious. I have been a "FIGHTIN SIOUX" fan for over 30 years that's longer than some of these folks on this board that have been alive. So hurry hockey season get here soon if not soon enough. Well at least there's NASCAR to keep me going.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

Sioux fan since birth, 1961. I rememeber going to hockey games in the barn, basketball games in the fieldhouse when they had the old clock (scoreboard) with the lightbulbs illuminating in a circle and of course freezing at games at Memorial stadium.

Being nostalgic. Does anyone remember an old car in a ditch next to the railroad tracks across from Ray Richards clubhouse? All you could see was the top of it and the rest of the car was submerged in water and weeds. You used to be able to go over the railroad tracks there without having to go down to 42nd. That was the highlight of our drive to the game when I was a kid was looking for that car.

BTW. Thanks for the counters, guys.

Some may recall the scorebar that I had up last summer and the first month or two of last Fall. I never quite got the real-time score updates working to the point that I was happy with them, but the countdown works pretty well.

It's currently back up at the top of the front page http://siouxsports.com/. I should be able to get that deployed back throughout the site.

SWEET!! :glare:

• 2 weeks later...