SiouxSports.com Forum

GO MAINE!

stafford_rules

Personally, I think a BC/Wisconsin matchup would rule. You know the Bradley center will be rocking, and it will pit 2 very good goalies against each other. But of course I would have to hope that BC wins it ;)

All I can say is if UND can't win it all, I want to see it stay in the WCHA! I am 1 SIOUX fan who is cheering for BUCKY!!! Keep it in the WCHA!. The best conference in the country!!!!! When wisco was up in Grand Forks this last year, some of their fans hung out at my fraternity. They were great people. I hope they are celebrating this weekend!

p.s. if this post doesn't make sence, blame it on the bar I was drinking at!!!

All I can say is if UND can't win it all, I want to see it stay in the WCHA! I am 1 SIOUX fan who is cheering for BUCKY!!! Keep it in the WCHA!. The best conference in the country!!!!! When wisco was up in Grand Forks this last year, some of their fans hung out at my fraternity. They were great people. I hope they are celebrating this weekend!

p.s. if this post doesn't make sence, blame it on the bar I was drinking at!!!

I'm with you Dan...Go Bucky! Keep in the WCHA!

A Bucky title would once again validate the WCHA for the umptheenth time and at the same time do an "in your face" job to the goofers. A win/win situation.

Lets go Badgers !!!!!

Agreed. Taz is big time Badger fan now. I dig Maine, but now it's all about those filthy Eagles. They look like Goofers, they dress like Goofers, they even act like Goofers... well... them's goofers.

taz says, "Go Bucky!"

I agree - and we have a nice relationship with Maine and their fans

Yeah, my friends and I were outside the arena talking to a Maine guy... He said that a bunch of Sioux fans wore jerseys when their coach had cancer or something like that, and then sold them at an auction?? Correct me if I'm wrong...

I was so sad when they lost! We were sitting with some students who had MAINE written on them, right in front of the band! It was a really fun game to be at... Oh well...

Yeah, my friends and I were outside the arena talking to a Maine guy... He said that a bunch of Sioux fans wore jerseys when their coach had cancer or something like that, and then sold them at an auction??

Yes, the previous coach at Maine passed away before the 01-02 season. He was already very sick the year before. UND played Maine that year and had a whole set of special hockey sweaters done up for the occasion. All the sioux splayers wore their regular numbers, but evryone's name was listed as Walsh (the Maine coach's last name). So the Sioux started Walsh in net, with Walsh centering Walsh and Walsh, with Walsh and Walsh on defense. They auctioned the jerseys and donated the proceeds to a coaches vs. cancer charity in Shawn Walsh's name. Class move that many Maine fans won't ever forget. Go Sioux - get 'em next year. And if by some chance the same teams get to the FF, let's have a Maine-UND title game next time ;)

Cheers!

Agreed. Taz is big time Badger fan now. I dig Maine, but now it's all about those filthy Eagles. They look like Goofers, they dress like Goofers, they even act like Goofers... well... them's goofers.

taz says, "Go Bucky!"

That must explain why I'm pulling for BC. ;)

Oh brother. Can this discussion get more assinine?

Please. Right now, as we sit here, we've never had more in common with the Minnesota Gophers. BOTH of our seasons are over. Let the rivalry rest until October.

If you listen carefully you can hear Kumbaya playing in the background. :)