SiouxSports.com Forum

UND VS BC

bogeyboge50

First of all, what a season. We had our ups and downs and, yes, it didn't end the way we all hoped it would. HOWEVER, we did see a lot of potential and, barring any serious defections, WE'RE ONLY GOING TO GET BETTER. Jordan was playing his heart out but just couldn't get any luck. Schneider was unbeatable at times. We looked a lot like we did against SCSU at home for what little I got to listen to the game (more on that later). We ran into a great goaltender and a team that is just flat out amazing at the transition game. We'll grow and mature and we'll be back. Yeah, we didn't get our National Championship, but I'll tell you what: HAKSTOL IS THE MAN. I'm digging this guy. It's only a matter of time before he brings home #8. He brings in teams that get me close to meltdown at times, but they came together really nice. I'm proud of them even though they didn't get to face whomever it is that won tonight against UW/Maine (I just got home now).

Secondly, THANK YOU MIKE PRPICH AND LEE MARVIN!!! You both will be missed!!!!

Thirdly, it's nice of those idiots to show up and start flaming us. Yeah, we didn't look good out there, but we lost in the Frozen Four, which is more than the Gophers can say. Parise forbid UW loses to Maine. No offense to Maine, but BC is a tougher opponent. Please Hextall, siouxhater, and all those other 'Garbage posters' take it to GPL or USCHO or wherever you want to head but leave this place. It does you no good to flame here. It just makes you and your teams' fanbases look cheap and classless.

Lastly, the game. I didn't get to listen to most of the game (mainly just the second period). Why? My best friend had his first kid. A girl. I'm almost as proud as he is. So, instead of watching the game and getting disheartened, I spent my day holding a 6 pound 8 oz newborn girl and wishing my best friend and his wife the best. I missed a game, but I gained a new life to be a part of. YAY Friend!

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ah, the gophers were in the frozen four last year. We beat them 4-2.

I was driving through Minny that night on my way to Mayo with my son. I laughed so hard. The next day I took him to his appointment, the doctor... UND Medical Grad... her huband----Goopher fan. She said it was the best thing in the world to witness her husband all pissed off!

ah, the gophers were in the frozen four last year. We beat them 4-2.

Oh yeah, how could I forget that. I also forgot that the Goofs had only won 5 National Championships. That would be 2 less the Sioux, but whose counting?

Say what is going on the the Tarnished Goofers Girls B-Ball Team? I knowo this is hocky but are all the girls leaving so they aren't aropund all the LOSER HOCKEY PLAYERS?;) I crak myself up

Just got home from the games. Yuch. Our freshmen D played like it today. Stafford looked like he was hurting. All the bounces seemed to go the BC way and they looked quicker than us most of the afternoon. Out of sync seemed to be the theme. Great season though. Thanks for playing for the Fighting Sioux.

.........a Sioux team that was out of sync and the goal that would have tied it went off the handle of Schneider's stick.

Think about that.

Seriously, I got a lot of crap when I went out tonight, and people thought about what they were saying when my only comment was....the boys could have given up when they were down 3-0, and they didn't they played 'til the very end.

You can't disrespect that at all.

Great season guys.

.........a Sioux team that was out of sync and the goal that would have tied it went off the handle of Schneider's stick.

Think about that.

Seriously, I got a lot of crap when I went out tonight, and people thought about what they were saying when my only comment was....the boys could have given up when they were down 3-0, and they didn't they played 'til the very end.

You can't disrespect that at all.

Great season guys.

My exact feelings. The boys showed Sioux Pride until the final horn.

Too bad Oshie played great tonight but had nothing to show for it.. He was the best player on the ice tonight.

Melrose started the game, appearing to only know who Toews was for the Sioux. He was still talking about Oshie's play in the Wisconsin game tonight. Another great game for T.J.

Oh yeah, how could I forget that. I also forgot that the Goofs had only won 5 National Championships. That would be 2 less the Sioux, but whose counting?

Say what is going on the the Tarnished Goofers Girls B-Ball Team? I know this is hockey but are all the girls leaving so they aren't aropund all the LOSER HOCKEY PLAYERS?;) I crak myself up

Congrats on a great season, frozen 4 after a very up and down first half, all the freshmen, the less than stellar home record, Etc.. Some have questioned why a Gopher fan would want to participate in a UND message board, and have said to "go back to GPL, or get out of here" I read your message board because college hockey is the sport I love, and I like to read what other college hockey fans talk about after the games are played. I was in GF for the regional, and I was crushed by Goldy's loss to HC on friday. I asked my boys if they wanted to sell our tickets for sat. and go home, and save money etc.. We decided to stay and watch the game that night, and we all agreed that is was well worth every penny. A phenominal arena, and watching how totally crazy your fans are about Sioux hockey, made for a great way to realize why we were there in the first place. We were given a constant barrage of crap from Sioux fans all weekend, and some of it was downright evil, but 99% of the people we talked to , and partied with, were very cool, and they could at least feel some of our pain. (Ferris State) I know that there are many posters on this board who hate Goldy with a passion, but count me in as Gopher fan that was really hoping that UND would go all the way. Great season, and as long as the NHL doesn't gobble up those great freshmen you have, here's to looking forward to a truly great sport's rivalry, for years to come.

Just got down watching game on ESPNU as did not get to see it live. Not that it affected the outcome but the ice sure seemed to be in bad shape. Puck bouncing all over, a few dead spots where puck just stopped and a number of guys falling down which leads me to believe there were some good gouges in the ice.

Didn't I see where some players were complaining about the condition of the ice during practice sessions.

If Bucky wins, I bet they soften up that ice real nice for Saturday. No way can they skate with BC.

The Bradley Center has always had a history of "slow ice" since it's inception. I don't think its in bad shape from a condition standpoint, however, it is a little slow. The goalies didn't seem to have any problems with bouncing pucks and there weren't any more instances of pucks "on end" than in any other hockey game I've ever seen.

He was still talking about Oshie's play in the Wisconsin game tonight. Another great game for T.J.

Oshie played too good with the national audience in the regionals and in the FF game. ;) Hopefully this doesnt have a certain team calling him tomorrow morning with a nice offer... :lol: He is by far the hardest worker, and best asset the Sioux had this season. He is a leader and a play maker. I can't wait to see him next year (in a Sioux jersey)!!!

Congrats on a great season, frozen 4 after a very up and down first half, all the freshmen, the less than stellar home record, Etc.. Some have questioned why a Gopher fan would want to participate in a UND message board, and have said to "go back to GPL, or get out of here" I read your message board because college hockey is the sport I love, and I like to read what other college hockey fans talk about after the games are played. I was in GF for the regional, and I was crushed by Goldy's loss to HC on friday. I asked my boys if they wanted to sell our tickets for sat. and go home, and save money etc.. We decided to stay and watch the game that night, and we all agreed that is was well worth every penny. A phenominal arena, and watching how totally crazy your fans are about Sioux hockey, made for a great way to realize why we were there in the first place. We were given a constant barrage of crap from Sioux fans all weekend, and some of it was downright evil, but 99% of the people we talked to , and partied with, were very cool, and they could at least feel some of our pain. (Ferris State) I know that there are many posters on this board who hate Goldy with a passion, but count me in as Gopher fan that was really hoping that UND would go all the way. Great season, and as long as the NHL doesn't gobble up those great freshmen you have, here's to looking forward to a truly great sport's rivalry, for years to come.

Thank you for the classy post, Locogopher. You are a credit not only to the Gophers, but to all college hockey fans. I agree with everything you said. I like to watch college hockey -- no matter who's playing. I watch a lot of Gopher games on TV when the Sioux are on the road, and I've watched a lot of Gopher hockey on the TVs in the press box of Engelstad Arena. Does that mean I'm a Minnesota fan? Hardly. But I do admire and appreciate the way the Gophers play the game.

My hat's off to you and other college hockey fans like you who share the same philosophy. clapping.gifthumbup_wink.gif

Congrats to a great season by the Sioux!!! I am proud of them!!! Things didn't look this good at the beginning of the season, but they made it to the FF. I know that there would be alot of people wishing their team had a chance to be there. Unfortunately the outcome wasn't what I had wanted, but nonetheless, we had a good season & a great post-season!!! Way to go SIOUX!!!!!

It's a tough loss, but I, personally, didn't expect this team to be in the Frozen Four this year. Right now, I'm thinking back to my feelings in November/December, and they really gave us a good show this past month, and I'm thankful for that. Look for the positives! Have to love Fighting Sioux Hockey!

I hope Sioux fans don't play the "we weren't supposed to be there" junk. Parise, Smaby, Spirko, Zajac, etc., returning from last year.....Toews, Lee, Oshie, etc., coming in....11 NHL draft picks, 5 first rounds and potentially this year's number one....a home regional to get to the Frozen Four.

It's bad enough Gopher fans used it last year.

Say what is going on the the Tarnished Goofers Girls B-Ball Team? I knowo this is hocky but are all the girls leaving so they aren't aropund all the LOSER HOCKEY PLAYERS?;) I crak myself up

The poster you're getting worked up over is not a Gopher fan - he's a Badger fan. Although he/she was a jerk either way.

Sorry to see the Sioux go down yesterday. They had a great season and will be loaded and ready to go next year. Unfortunately, there are games were things just don't go your way for whatever reason. Bad luck, the moon and sun are not aligned, you meet a hot team that got all the breaks, whatever. It's how I felt watching the Gophers - every time I felt they had a chance to get back into the game or even win something happened to beat them back down.

Good luck next year!

[edit]

btw - I can't imagine that Gary Thorne had his head into the game with all the mistakes he made during the broadcast. Melrose seems to have come around a bit with respect to having some respect for the college hockey game. But I can't imagine someone like Thorne couldn't watch all that talent on the ice for UND and BC and not have come away impressed.

I hope Sioux fans don't play the "we weren't supposed to be there" junk.

The WCHA coaches picked UND to finish 5th in the league. Many "experts" said they were too young to win anything this year. I don't know whether or not the Sioux were "supposed" to be that the Frozen Four, but I do know that many didn't expect them to be one of the last four teams playing in April.

UND wasn't supposed to be there. The Gophers were.

That said, UND once they made the Frozen Four had a VERY good chance at winning it. I hate BC and I hate UW. I potentially could miss my first Final since 1992. Probably not a coincidence. ;)