SiouxSports.com Forum

Good luck from a Gophers fan.

chandler23

Even with all of the "I'm going to buy a Holy Cross jersey and wear it to the X next year" and "Best moment of my life when HC scored in overtime" comments going on in this board, I'd like to extend my most sincere "best of luck" to the UND Hockey Team and all of its fans.

While I don't like the Sioux because of the rivalry, I do very much appreciate the style of play...Oshie's work ethic...and the Sioux fans in general. You guys travel like no other.

So please...do the WCHA proud this weekend, beat BC, and then do away with the Badgers like you did at Xcel last month.

Cheers.

Even with all of the "I'm going to buy a Holy Cross jersey and wear it to the X next year" and "Best moment of my life when HC scored in overtime" comments going on in this board, I'd like to extend my most sincere "best of luck" to the UND Hockey Team and all of its fans.

While I don't like the Sioux because of the rivalry, I do very much appreciate the style of play...Oshie's work ethic...and the Sioux fans in general. You guys travel like no other.

So please...do the WCHA proud this weekend, beat BC, and then do away with the Badgers like you did at Xcel last month.

Cheers.

Who said "It was the best moment of my life when Holy Cross scored in OT" boy that is quite a stretch. Not too many good things have happened if that is the best moment of someone's life. I am sure there was some tongue n' cheek involved. Thanks for the comments.

OK, you have seperated yourself from BUCKYSIEVE for a little while at least..im sure it wont last long... :D

Please. :lol:

chandler23 is a cousin loving hick now because he wished us luck. ;)

Seriously, chandler, thanks. We appreciate it. To be honest, we're going to need as much luck as we can. BC is a good team with an astoundingly good goaltender.

Please. :lol:

chandler23 is a cousin loving hick now because he wished us luck. ;)

Seriously, chandler, thanks. We appreciate it. To be honest, we're going to need as much luck as we can. BC is a good team with an astoundingly good goaltender.

We'll see if Schneider can stand up to the pressure. I have not seen him play this year except in the World Junior tourney where I thought he was average. BU and Miami of Ohio do not have the firepower of North Dakota when the Sioux forwards are buzzing and applying pressure. It will be a tight game but I think if we can stay away from needless penalties we will have an advantage 5 on 5.

Hey, we care. We care what a real hockey fan thinks.

I can't say that I was disappointed to see MN lose to HC. In all due respect, when the 2005-06 Gophers were playing up to their potential, they were a scary team. But I think that's also true of the 2005-06 Sioux. Had they played in the West Regional, I would have been quite nervous about playing them.

On the other hand, it's playoff hockey, and you generally get out of it what you put into it. Everyone's season is going to end eventually.

Some people cheer for their their conference only second to their own team. Other people cheer for anyone playing against their rivals. I don't think one group is "better" fans than the other and I don't begrudge either group among opponents.

As to wearing an HC jersey to a Minnesota game, I don't think ribbing a rival is really a sign of evil malice, either. You make fun of your buddy for that stupid thing he did when he got drunk in Tijuana, but that doesn't mean you're a big jerk who hates your buddy.

I personally appreciate the sincere wishes of luck and find making such a wish to be very sportsmanlike, whether you want that opponent to win or not. As redwing said, I'm going to be nervous if I don't see our best play and a little luck on the side...

Best of luck to the Sioux in the Frozen Four from a combination Gopher and Sioux fan. You deserve to be there this year and the Gophers don't. The Sioux played hard while the Gophers sat around waiting for something good to happen.

The only bad thing about the Frozen Four, it represents the end of the college hockey season.

And, the Sioux should be even better next year than this past year. Play hard and stay out of the box!

Best of luck to the Sioux in the Frozen Four from a combination Gopher and Sioux fan. You deserve to be there this year and the Gophers don't. The Sioux played hard while the Gophers sat around waiting for something good to happen.

The only bad thing about the Frozen Four, it represents the end of the college hockey season.

And, the Sioux should be even better next year than this past year. Play hard and stay out of the box!

Yeah but one slight problem....early departures....I have a feeling the Sioux are going to be hit hard....That is why we have to get #8 while we have this opportunity.