SiouxSports.com Forum

Championship Videos

LFSPRO

I have my son working on converting my copy of the 1987, 1997 and 2000 championship games from Beta tape and VHS tape to DVDs.

Does anyone have copies of any other championship games which the Sioux won that they would be willing to share or trade?

My 2000 copy cut off right at the end of the game. Would like to get a better copy if available. I also want to round up copies of championship games we did not win if anybody has them.

Still looking, can anyone help me out?

Maybe. I have a bunch of old beta tapes that I haven't been able to view because my beta player doesn't work. Not sure if the tapes are any good sitting in a box for 20 years. There are regular season, playoffs, the 1984 3rd place game, and others (not sure what I have I didn't label things well)

I tried to get a beta player but couldn't find one. ebay had one months ago for $1000. I noticed tonight they have a few for $50 or so. I may try to get one and check the quality of my tapes and to see what I actually have recorded.

If the beta tapes are still good I would love to convert them to DVD and would be willing to share. However, I'm not into the DVD editing thing so I don't know if I would do it or look for someone to make the copies.

I also have "newer" stuff on VHS (I think I have the 2000 game).

I might be getting my hands on the 80,82,87,97, and 00 title games in dvd format. Not sure on the quality at this point. This might take a while, but my sources are good.

I may be interested in buying a copy of some or possibly all of these, if the quality is decent.

Let me know.

I have found copies of the championship games from the 80s, 90s and 2000.

Does anyone have a copy of the Water bottle game that they would be willing to share?

Does anybody know if UND or anyone else has video of the first two National Championships?

• 6 months later...

Just to follow up on this old thread, I have the box of old beta tapes that UND83 referred to here. He dropped them off at my house back in May or June sometime I think it was, and I spent the summer converting them all to DVD. I'm always looking to trade for other games I don't already have to add to my collection. If you don't have games to trade I also collect old game programs. If anybody is interested in any of these DVDs let me know. Here's the entire list:

03/11/84 - WCHA playoffs Game 2 vs. Minnesota-Duluth (won 5-4)

03/24/84 - NCAA 3rd place game vs. Michigan State (won 6-5 in OT)

11/23/84 - vs. RPI (won 7-6 in OT, Adam Oates plays for RPI)

12/08/84 - vs. Minnesota-Duluth (won 6-5, Brett Hull plays for the Bulldogs)

12/14/84 - vs. Minnesota (won 4-1)

02/22/85 - at Minnesota (won 6-1)

11/16/85 - vs. Minnesota (lost 2-3)

10/31/86 - vs. Wisconsin (won 9-4)

11/01/86 - vs. Wisconsin (won 6-2)

01/09/87 - vs. Minnesota (won 5-2)

01/10/87 - vs. Minnesota (won 4-2)

03/13/87- WCHA playoffs Game 1 vs. Minnesota (won 5-3)

03/14/87- WCHA playoffs Game 2 vs. Minnesota (won 5-3)

03/26/87 - NCAA semifinal vs. Harvard (upgraded copy)

03/28/87 - NCAA Championship vs. Michigan State (upgraded copy, local news

footage plus season in review highlights show from WDAZ follows the game)

I don't have anything to trade you but I would love to purchase the 1984 playoff game against Duluth. My dad played in that game and I would love to give it to him for a gift.