SiouxSports.com Forum

INCH Rookie of the Year

stickboy1956

AZSIOUX I must agree with, I couldn't care less who gets what award and when!!!! All that really matters is whether or not we can hoist up #8 this year. If we can't do that, then we both can sit at Blarney's and continue to talk about what a d-bag Kessel has been this year.

Hey gophs, I wonder how the jersey pull looks at Blarneys while watching the Sioux at Milwaukee versus the jersey pull when you wish you were at Milwaukee!!!!!!!

i could give 2 shi%s about who wins these awards..my telling tale is oshie has his team in milwaukee and phil is at blarneys throwing back some brewskies with pudgie boy frazee (note to FRAZEE, i would stick with the michelob ultras, they have low carbs) :love: . thats all that matters and the only other thing that matters is that BUCKYSIEVE is about the bigegst tool we have on this board...take some notes from sagard..your such a d-bag

At least I don't have a problem with admitting a certain player is good just because he plays for a rival. Every NHL scout in the world would laugh his ass off at the comments you guys make about Kessel because you sound THAT stupid.

I'm glad someone mentioned this. You people have an excuse for anything good he that he does. Did it ever occur to you that people score off his rebounds because he's such a great shooter that the goalies have trouble controlling the rebound? He has an absolute rocket for a shot and he's accurate. When you rifle a shot low at the goalies leg pads or fire one stick side, there will be a rebound. He rarely shoots it into the goalies stomach. This form of an assist is just as effective as a great pass, which he also displayed throughout the season.

Sioux fans brag about their knowledge of hockey non-stop and then do nothing but bash a supreme talent like Kessel. It just makes you guys look stupid quite frankly. Do you people really believe that everyone else in the world who follow hockey are wrong about this kid and Sioux fans are right? You guys are hilarious. How many more ROY awards does he have to win before you can admit he's a good player?

I've always thought of Sioux fans as being pretty knowledgable, but after hearing your opinions on a player like Kessel it's obvious you guys really are the straw munching, cousin kissing, trailor park hicks that the rest of the college hockey world view you as.

Well Cletis, of course he has to shot the gall dang puck because unlike Oshie and Toews he can't get close enough to bury it. :love:

At least I don't have a problem with admitting a certain player is good just because he plays for a rival. Every NHL scout in the world would laugh his ass off at the comments you guys make about Kessel because you sound THAT stupid.

hey you dumb shi%, i have never said kessel was not good. go find my post that i said that. dont waste your time because you wont find it troll...kessel is a good player just as oshie and toews..like i stated earlier. awards are great but they dont mean much in my book. i look at national championships..thats all..

hey sieve, what time do your rodents play on thursday?? just wondering :sad: oh yeah sieve, also post your address so we can get you a copy of the holy cross/gophers (we lay down like 2 dollar hookers. players just take after their coach right :D )

hell that holy cross game didnt mean anything anyways, just another meaningless game :love:

Wow, this thread needs to be closed.

Kessel is a good player. He deserved the INCH ROY.

End of story.

sureee, what the hell,close it, a new one will open up tomorrow :lol::lol:

buckysieve is my hero ;)

And at least I don't resort to name calling and belittlement of other posters' opinions just because they do not agree with mine.

So, to each their own. Don't worry, I'll treat you with as much respect as you look at us. And, yeah, you deserve it... unless you come on IMMEDIATELY and apologize for the name calling. Seriously, calling us hicks just feeds the fire of distaste that Sioux and Bucky fans have towards Gopher fans. Last time I checked, acting towards the stereotype doesn't prove the stereotype false. Drop the arrogance and the condescension at the door or leave here and don't come back.

Actually, as a Sioux fan, I'm a little embarrassed with all this Kessel, Potulny, Irmen, Lucia...and general Gopher bashing. Yes, I am as guilty as anyone, as I've done it myself, but after a while, I realize that it's all just opinion. For God's sake, Charmin is softer than Quilted Northern, just ask my hemis...

It really doesn't matter. Let them all think that Kessel is better than Oshie, or vice versa. Let's just enjoy the kids playing a good game of hockey. It's a darn shame that Oshie didn't get the ROTY. It's also a shame that Toews didn't get it either. With all the hype about Kessel and Oshie, I think Toews deserves to be mentioned with those two as well. But again, let's just believe that they are all out there on the ice doing what they can to help their teams win games...

Actually, as a Sioux fan, I'm a little embarrassed with all this Kessel, Potulny, Irmen, Lucia...and general Gopher bashing. Yes, I am as guilty as anyone, as I've done it myself, but after a while, I realize that it's all just opinion. For God's sake, Charmin is softer than Quilted Northern, just ask my hemis...

It really doesn't matter. Let them all think that Kessel is better than Oshie, or vice versa. Let's just enjoy the kids playing a good game of hockey. It's a darn shame that Oshie didn't get the ROTY. It's also a shame that Toews didn't get it either. With all the hype about Kessel and Oshie, I think Toews deserves to be mentioned with those two as well. But again, let's just believe that they are all out there on the ice doing what they can to help their teams win games...

Amen. The Kessel bashing has gone way over the top, way beyond the Parise bashing of two or three years ago from the other direction. TJ will be in Milwaukee next week, Kessel will not. The opinion of some media talking heads won't change that.

I fully agree with Sioux fans' statements here, who's going to the Frozen Four next weekend? That's right, T.J. Oshie is playing for the ultimate prize that all college hockey players dream of while Kessel, the one-move wonder puck-shooting hog will be admiring his INCH and WCHA Rookie of the Year awards while tipping back his fair share of Blarney's beer.

Of course, they may not get as much free stuff being they didn't perform up to standards. Hard work will always beat talent who is lazy, that's why Holy Cross stunned the dirty rodents from Minnesota. Go Sioux baby!

T.J. is the stud, but everyone gave Kessel the league rookie of the year the first day of the season. No one gave Toews or Oshie a chance from the beginning, they weren't going to at the end of the season no matter what. They tried making Kessel look like a god at the world juniors, that failed though, Kessel has been advertised as the next wonder of this world. He needs to look good and win these individual awards, otherwise USA Hockey looks like dumbasses!

Who would you rather have? A individualistic one-move wonder who only shoots the puck or gritty, hard-nosed goal scorer who dishes it out as best as anyone? I'll take ONE Oshie over TWO Kessel's anyday!!

Amen. The Kessel bashing has gone way over the top, way beyond the Parise bashing of two or three years ago from the other direction. TJ will be in Milwaukee next week, Kessel will not. The opinion of some media talking heads won't change that.

I agree, the Kessel bashing is way over the top which is why I reacted the way I did. I just couldn't take it anymore. I boiled over. I've consistently praised Oshie and Toews because they are great players. I don't think I've seen anyone bash Oshie or Toews on GPL, in fact both those players are complimented quite a bit on that site. Why are Sioux fans the opposite? Bashing a player as good as Kessel is not only a bad opinion, it just makes you look like you really don't know hockey.

And no, I won't apologize for calling names because for the last few months I've been called names NUMEROUS times on this board( mainly by the Triouxper) and not one person cared one bit.

I agree, the Kessel bashing is way over the top which is why I reacted the way I did. I just couldn't take it anymore. I boiled over. I've consistently praised Oshie and Toews because they are great players. I don't think I've seen anyone bash Oshie or Toews on GPL, in fact both those players are complimented quite a bit on that site. Why are Sioux fans the opposite? Bashing a player as good as Kessel is not only a bad opinion, it just makes you look like you really don't know hockey.

And no, I won't apologize for calling names because for the last few months I've been called names NUMEROUS times on this board( mainly by the Triouxper) and not one person cared one bit.

oh come one, its sports for parises sake, grow a pair and say your sorry :lol: the reason you get called names is because you come to a SIOUX board expecting SIOUX fans to agree with you..you must be on some good stuff if you think thats going to happen..geeeez, 1st off half of the people probably go against you in the first place because they know you are a rodent fan and you are fun a F with obviously if your blood boiled over message board posts :lol: 2nd, half of your posts suck but thats cool because its nice to half other teams fans sharing their great input on college hockey...GOOD LUCK TO THE GOPHERS NEXT YEAR THOUGH :)

hell, i dont even bash kessel but its fun as hell to get you going.........all in good fun really...time to go out and drink ;) have to start preparing for MILWAUKEE