SiouxSports.com Forum

Early outs

GBpakrzz

How come when the gophers give up 6 or 7 goals their goalie was a sieve, but when the Sioux give up 6 or 7 goals their goalie was fine but it was their defense that let them down?

Because it's true and we love him and we don't like sieve Briggs. :silly:

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But he flat out cost you the BC game.

Umm, no. He sure didn't get much help with all the odd-man rushes that BC was getting. The first two BC goals were amazing shots, into the far side, off the post and in. Another BC goal was a deflection of a Sioux players stick. Another one was a breakaway.

Yes, if he was having a better game he might have stopped one or two of those goals, but I'm not about to blame the entire loss on him. Hockey is a team game. Where was the defense on those odd-man rushes and the breakaway?

It certainly wasn't his best game, but saying that he 'cost us the game' is taking it a bit too far IMO.

Two soft goals in an NCAA semifinal is two too many. You're right about the Denver game, he was ok in that one. But he flat out cost you the BC game. How come when the gophers give up 6 or 7 goals their goalie was a sieve, but when the Sioux give up 6 or 7 goals their goalie was fine but it was their defense that let them down? Logical Sioux fans admit that Parise was terrible in Milwaukee

Here is simple math. This is a Sioux site, and we know that gopher goalies are sieves. Parise is a proven top tender. If you want a favorable gopher view, go to gpl, but don't expect it here.

There are way too many skippies trying to feel good about themselves here after losing to HC, since the Sioux later lost to BC. All you'll get here is added to the ignored list. Go and apply your rodent logic where it's acceptable.

Umm, no. He sure didn't get much help with all the odd-man rushes that BC was getting. The first two BC goals were amazing shots, into the far side, off the post and in. Another BC goal was a deflection of a Sioux players stick. Another one was a breakaway.

Yes, if he was having a better game he might have stopped one or two of those goals, but I'm not about to blame the entire loss on him. Hockey is a team game. Where was the defense on those odd-man rushes and the breakaway?

It certainly wasn't his best game, but saying that he 'cost us the game' is taking it a bit too far IMO.

Brian,

this is a very logical post. But let me ask you this. Everything you just said could easily be applied to Briggs and the Gophers following the SCSU game at the Final Five. Minnesota's defense totally let Briggs down. But how come after that game all we heard was how bad Briggs and Frazee were? They were the scapegoats in that one, and it's a very similar situation to the UND/BC game. For some reason it's impossible for Sioux fans to admit that their goalie got absolutely lit up on the national stage.

Brian,

this is a very logical post. But let me ask you this. Everything you just said could easily be applied to Briggs and the Gophers following the SCSU game at the Final Five. Minnesota's defense totally let Briggs down. But how come after that game all we heard was how bad Briggs and Frazee were? They were the scapegoats in that one, and it's a very similar situation to the UND/BC game. For some reason it's impossible for Sioux fans to admit that their goalie got absolutely lit up on the national stage.

umm - ok - thanks again but take it elsewhere

Brian,

I'm not one to pin all the blame for losses on one particular player.

I'll admit that Parise had an off-game in the BC/UND game, but there were other factors that contributed to the 6 goals allowed. That's hockey.

I'll also say that Briggs had an off-game in the HC/UMN game. The tying goal, and the overtime winner, were both goals that shouldn't have gone in. But I would also fault the defense on the tying goal. Half the team just sat up when the puck was just sitting in the crease. Again, there were other factors other than just Briggs. That's hockey.

And for as far as other Sioux fans admitting that Parise had a bad game? There was an entire thread devoted to it here on ss.com right after the loss to BC. So, I am not entirely sure what you are trying to prove there.

My point exactly.

Sorry, Piper, but you're wrong. Just face it and move along.