SiouxSports.com Forum

Early outs

GBpakrzz

I figured I'd ask you local experts on this topic. Are there any rumors flying around on who will leave UND for greener pastures after the FF? I have heard Stafford might be on his way out. What about the young phenoms like Toews, Oshie and Lee? Any inside scoop on whether or not they will be staying in GF?

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hate to speculate at this point - lets stay focused on the task at hand. Just my opinion though.

:lol: Unless you're lacing up the skates and heading to Milwaukee, I wouldn't worry about staying focused. ;)

Stafford said on last night's UND coaches' show that he wasn't even thinking about turning pro at this point. If he's not, I'd be surprised if any other players are, either.

I doubt that any NHL teams would be dumb enough to put out feelers to players while they're still involved in the NCAA playoffs. Just imagine how that would go over with the coaches of the college teams that the NHL teams depend on for new talent.

Sure, we can speculate all we want about who's going and who's staying. However, until UND's season is over and the lines of communications open up between the NHL teams and the players, I think it's rather pointless.

I'm holding a press conference later today to announce my intentions.

SiouxSports.com is going pro after the tourney, we're becoming "OvechkinVille", all Ovie all-the-time. Anyone notice on NHL.com that they added a "NHL Player Sites" link beside the "Team Sites" and "Affiliate Sites"? The only player with his own website is Crosby...

SiouxSports.com is going pro after the tourney, we're becoming "OvechkinVille", all Ovie all-the-time. Anyone notice on NHL.com that they added a "NHL Player Sites" link beside the "Team Sites" and "Affiliate Sites"? The only player with his own website is Crosby...

MafiaMan#19.com will be up and running later today. I'll refer all questions now to my agent, Drew Rosenhaus.

Stafford said on last night's UND coaches' show that he wasn't even thinking about turning pro at this point. If he's not, I'd be surprised if any other players are, either.

I doubt that any NHL teams would be dumb enough to put out feelers to players while they're still involved in the NCAA playoffs. Just imagine how that would go over with the coaches of the college teams that the NHL teams depend on for new talent.

Sure, we can speculate all we want about who's going and who's staying. However, until UND's season is over and the lines of communications open up between the NHL teams and the players, I think it's rather pointless.

Yep lets stay on task the NCAA title, the players dont' probably want to lose focus for what they are there for the NCAA title. The money is going to be there in another week, month or after the summer or next sesaon. Frankly, the NHL seaosn is going to last another 2 months past the NCAA tourney.

Early outs? Still ice on the lakes around here. Starting to see some open water near bridges/channels, though. Shouldn't be too long.

Snow is going fast I am sure the ice fisherman are definately going to be getting their boats ready.

I am sure lake of the woods is probably a month away for the ice out.

Yes, thank you. It has been rumored you will turn pro prior to the draft, can you comment on this? :lol:

Well, I feel I've accomplished all I can in college. Tipped a few back at Blarney's, lost two games at the Final Five in front of 15,000 or so fans cheering for my own team, then went into an obvious anti-Gopher crowd in Grand Forks and almost pulled off a victory against Holy Cross. What possible reason can you think of for me to stick around for another season?

Well, I feel I've accomplished all I can in college. Tipped a few back at Blarney's, lost two games at the Final Five in front of 15,000 or so fans cheering for my own team, then went into an obvious anti-Gopher crowd in Grand Forks and almost pulled off a victory against Holy Cross. What possible reason can you think of for me to stick around for another season?

For the chicks, man.

Our listeners'll be surprised to learn that you're a soft-spoken young man, Killer.

Yes, I am.

I was watching some kids play hockey the other day, five- and six-year-olds, little mites.

One kid said "I'm Killer Carlson."

He picked up his little stick, and he creamed that other kid.

How do you feel about that, Dave?

Well, Jim, the way I see it is, the kid probably would've done it anyway.