SiouxSports.com Forum

Hobey Hat Trick

mikejm

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voters probably felt Potulny needed to spend more time working in other areas of the rink and not just the left circle waiting for a pass. He was completely neutralized when HC shut down that passing lane.

Hmnnn...someone was watching the same St Cloud State game that I was a few weeks ago, huh?

Voters probably felt Potulny needed to spend more time working in other areas of the rink and not just the left circle waiting for a pass. He was completely neutralized when HC shut down that passing lane.

and quesadilla coming over with his left leg straight up against the post and glove open and waiting above it.

Not sure if that's the fairest assessment, as Potulny really improved in all areas of his game over the course of the season. He played a lot of penalty kill, was a force on the power play (obviously), and played great 5-on-5 hockey.

Too bad he's not a finalist, but you can't really argue with the 3 guys up there. Looks like Carle is going to win, which probably would have happened had Potulny been a Hat Trick finalist anyway. I have no problem with that.

Not sure if that's the fairest assessment, as Potulny really improved in all areas of his game over the course of the season. He played a lot of penalty kill, was a force on the power play (obviously), and played great 5-on-5 hockey.

Too bad he's not a finalist, but you can't really argue with the 3 guys up there. Looks like Carle is going to win, which probably would have happened had Potulny been a Hat Trick finalist anyway. I have no problem with that.

I agree his overall game has improved but it's still a rather fair assessment. Thanks to FSN we've all gotten to see this truth exhibited over and over except when Mn goes to AA. You'd really be convinced if those games were on TV!

Hmnnn...someone was watching the same St Cloud State game that I was a few weeks ago, huh?

You are correct. I had to watch because I made the same claim to a Gopher buddy of mine and he claimed Ryan scored from all over the place against St. Cloud (which he did not).

I only saw the choices: A) sign with the Wild and B) return to school.

What about C) Do the jersey pop one more time for old time's sake?

or D) bounce around with the Houston club for a couple years and move back to Fargo to work at Scheels in the mall.