SiouxSports.com Forum

2006 FROZEN 4 MATCH-UPS

AZSIOUX

BC is tough with Schneider. But you guys have the hottest team, again, going in and have the scorers to deal with it. Parise will have to make a few key saves and just let your guys keep attacking and you should end up on the winning side. If you get past BC, I think it will be a little easier in the NC game imo. Wisconsin and Maine have good goalies and D, but very little on offense.

BC is tough with Schneider. But you guys have the hottest team, again, going in and have the scorers to deal with it. Parise will have to make a few key saves and just let your guys keep attacking and you should end up on the winning side. If you get past BC, I think it will be a little easier in the NC game imo. Wisconsin and Maine have good goalies and D, but very little on offense.

Schneider got handed his loss last year by the Sioux because we have players who can go to the net. The bigger challenge for the Sioux will be shutting down BCs top two lines so the score will likely be tighter than last year. As for Maine, their program is in many ways like that of the Sioux and they are peaking at the right time too. Some of their players such as Leveille have elevated their play as the season has gone on so they will give Wisconsin a respectable battle. I should have known better than to count them out in the pool. :D

Schneider got handed his loss last year by the Sioux because we have players who can go to the net. The bigger challenge for the Sioux will be shutting down BCs top two lines so the score will likely be tighter than last year. As for Maine, their program is in many ways like that of the Sioux and they are peaking at the right time too. Some of their players such as Leveille have elevated their play as the season has gone on so they will give Wisconsin a respectable battle. I should have known better than to count them out in the pool. :D

LOL...I had Maine advancing to the title game against UND. The bad news is, I also had BU advancing to the Frozen Four and CC upsetting Wisconsin. :ohmy:

I think the Sioux and UW are on a collision course. I don't see how Maine will score against UW, let alone win the game.

UND's top six forwards should put three for four past Schnieder, just like they have been doing for the last couple of months. If they can't, Parise will have to win the game.

In the final it will come down to which goalie blinks. For all that is good and pure in hockey I hope it is the Sioux who wins it.

In the final it will come down to which goalie blinks. For all that is good and pure in hockey I hope it is the Sioux who wins it.

Exactly why I, as a gopher fan, want the Sioux to hang number 8. I can't stand systems hockey and love the attacking style of the Sioux. Maine, WI, Cornell-they don't play hockey. It's just garbage. My 2 cents.

I can't stand systems hockey and love the attacking style of the Sioux. Maine, WI, Cornell-they don't play hockey. It's just garbage. My 2 cents.

Hey now. You absolutely should root for your team. Just work on having a longer memory. If you saw Maine before the Jimmy Howard years (03-05), you wouldn't be mentioning them in the same sentence as Cornell. If you think Maine is playing the same 'system' with a rookie goalie that they did with an NCAA record-holder - well, I can only imagine how badly you must think they're playing it :lol:

You play to your strengths. When your best player is your goaltender, you get the '04 title game (DU-Maine). But this is a different Maine team. If the final score is 1-0 badgers, it's because Wisconsin dictated the game. Not Maine. ;)

Exactly why I, as a gopher fan, want the Sioux to hang number 8. I can't stand systems hockey and love the attacking style of the Sioux. Maine, WI, Cornell-they don't play hockey. It's just garbage. My 2 cents.

What a couple of class acts. Ya know, it's not too late to convert to the Green Machine....

What a couple of class acts. Ya know, it's not too late to convert to the Green Machine....

NEVER! :lol: But I do like watching entertaining hockey, even if my team isn't playing. I fear more teams going to the defensive style if "they" get to successful.

just fun to check up on the latest betting lines on the upcoming games.no suprise as the sioux and bucky are favored....ill take a 3 way parlay..give me the sioux at -135 over 5 1/2 goals and give me maine at +115

Boston College +115 Over 5

just fun to check up on the latest betting lines on the upcoming games.no suprise as the sioux and bucky are favored....ill take a 3 way parlay..give me the sioux at -135 over 5 1/2 goals and give me maine at +115

Boston College +115 Over 5

http://www.nhl.com/features/college/college033006.html

Here is a good link to an article on NHL.com

Michigan's Red Berenson -- "They applied as host of the regional, then made it in to give your team home ice. Then Holy Cross plays the game before with 11,000 fans rooting against Minnesota. Our game starts, and North Dakota scores the first goal; they came in with momentum by winning the WCHA tournament, and we didn't have any.

Overall, Parise makes up the difference (in goal), their defense is a pro defense some day, and the first two lines are among the best in the country."

Speaking of bets, I believe that prpich has drank from one opposing goalies water bottle this season. The under over was 1.5 so unless he does it in Milwaukee, i will owe AZ sioux 1 beer.

sweeeeeeeeeeet........ill take it in milwaukee :love: