SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Prospects

dagies

From a post on Hockey's Future. Understand this is just a poster so I am not speaking to the veracity of the comment. Just passing along the rumor:

34 21 21 42

GP G A P

Ryan Duncan - Buddy of my brother's up here in Calgary - will take the college route at U of ND and I wouldn't be surprised if that also may be an influence in Crosby's decision, Ryan's going there because that is where his parents went to university. I got to see Ryan dominate AAA up here in Calgary, and it was always a treat, I have alot of bias going here but I could see Ryan making the NHL, he's small but shiftty, quick and agile, and has a great shot. It was great to see him again at the Mac's Midget tournament.

Not trying to cause a stir by saying I know Ryan, just trying to throw something out there.

Thanks

He's currently 4th on the Shattuck team in scoring with 42 pts:

http://www.s-sm.org./Athletics/Statistics.....aspx?TeamId=18

Bob Duncan bleeds green, and from what I understand, there is nothing he wants more than for Ryan to skate for the Sioux. The purpose of sending Ryan to Faribault was to "hopefully" take advantage of the SSM to UND connection. Duncan and Crosby came up to Grand Forks together for the Friday, Nov 22nd UW game.

Bob Duncan bleeds green, and from what I understand, there is nothing he wants more than for Ryan to skate for the Sioux. The purpose of sending Ryan to Faribault was to "hopefully" take advantage of the SSM to UND connection. Duncan and Crosby came up to Grand Forks together for the Friday, Nov 22nd UW game.

With a little luck, maybe we can keep them "together". :0

Lamoureux has played extremely well lately. He has outduled both Layne Sedevie (3-2 Lincoln win on January 11th) and Jordan Parise (3-0 Lincoln win on January 18th) in consecutive starts. If he continues playing the way he has, I would not be surprised if he was named the USHL goaltender of the month for January.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed on Heisenberg's site that Jonathon Sigalet has committed to BGSU, where his brother plays. He is a 16-year old offensive defenseman for Salmon Arm in the BCHL. Since he's Brady Murray's teammate, I was wondering if the Sioux might have gotten involved. Even though UND is doing great with the current crop of defensive defensemen, I look forward to the next Murphy/Roche.

Sigalet wouldn't give UND the time of day. :) He is very good but his "family advisor" has a dislike for the UND program. It's my guess that the advisor was upset that no Sioux players ever used him when they turn pro. Most Sioux players use Neil Sheehe (sp) or Justin Duberman. Maybe it will turn out to be more Sigalet's loss than UND's. I bet he'll never see a Frozen Four.

Hey guys, has anyone seen or heard about big Matt Smaby. Just wondering what his style is. I would assume he's a physical, defensive defenseman using his big frame to punish his opponents, but I don't won't to sterotype the kind of defenseman Blais recruits :) As I'm sure a lot of pro teams are doing, a few Coyote scouts have been seen numerous times at Shattuck's. I guess they could be taking a look at Ken Rowe or others, but Smaby is the stud.

Also, will Luke Beaverson play for you guys next year? Good to see the Green Bay pipeline is still open.

Finally, good luck to Chris Porter tomorrow night. I saw where he's on a line with Potulny and Backes. Those guys should do very well. Thanks for any replies.

Sigalet wouldn't give UND the time of day. :) He is very good but his "family advisor" has a dislike for the UND program. It's my guess that the advisor was upset that no Sioux players ever used him when they turn pro.

Interesting perspective ...

Maybe we could get Myron Allen's "family advisor" to apply some persuasion ....