SiouxSports.com Forum

Good Playoff Quotes

dagies

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"i didn't hear anyone say this but the ice was terrible. it was sticky and the puck kept jumping over Potluny's stick. I might be a homer but, I'm gonna say it.......I'd rather lose to Holy Cross than the Sioux!"

;)

--- loser caller from Crookston -- on Beyond the Pond - Saturday

Sorry dagies, It was too good to leave out.

Best quotes I heard this weekend came from a die hard Sioux fan who sits right by UND bench. He was heckling the Gophers all game long. Said this was only time that a visiting team had sat on that bench. A few classics:

With about two minutes left in regulation with score tied he says:

"Come on guys, only two minutes until immorality. The first #1 seed to lose to a #4 seed. Nobody will ever be able to take this away from you."

Then, after HC scores in OT to win, he shouts out:

"Hey Kessel, call a press conference, your season is over."

;)

I know this is suppose to be quotes from the regionals but ..... From the Final Five, a middle aged female Gopher fan grabbed the arm of my son's girl friend as she was cheering loudly after St. Cloud's OT goal,

"You won't be cheering when they beat your sucky team's a$$." :)

;)

Nothing dirty out there, they were just going hard. I like the way they play.
Thanks Coach Pearl.

So nice to hear that from another coach. I'm tired of certain WCHA coaches who call us dirty and cheap! They can't beat us on the ice so they beat us up in the press.

I know this is suppose to be quotes from the regionals but ..... From the Final Five, a middle aged female Gopher fan grabbed the arm of my son's girl friend as she was cheering loudly after St. Cloud's OT goal,

"You won't be cheering when they beat your sucky team's a$$." :ohmy:

:D

This is the kind of crap that makes people not like the Goofers or their cocky fans.

I guess that person isn't very good at predicting results of games eh? Just about as bad as a Gopher fan telling my brother-in-laws cousin that you don't want to play us after the Goofs lost to HC. No your team is done. This past weekend was amazing and a blast. I couldn't think of any other way I would love to see the Goofers get bounced out of the playoffs, other than UND beating them in the Frozen Four. Priceless.

I don't think there was a whole lot of signature quotes from our group on Friday night, just sitting in our chairs with blank stares. :D:ohmy::D

The best quote I heard all weekend was from my buddy, "Lets go get a Grinder." :)

My friend from the cities called my cell after the game, this was a good quote, "Thank GOD I never have to see Chris Harrington in a GOpher jersey EVER AGAIN!" That made me feel a little better on that long walk back to the bar.