SiouxSports.com Forum

Irish hostile and abusive?

PCM

Well, you live here long enough and you see enough people hurt you start to take sides. Trust me, I have more important things to do, but at this time and place my time is devoted to defending the rights of my people. So be it. We're almost there.

What rights are being taken away?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me, I have more important things to do, but at this time and place my time is devoted to defending the rights of my people. So be it. We're almost there.

And I ask again: Which of your rights and your peoples' rights are being violated by UND's use of the Fighting Sioux nickname and logo?

How many times do I have to ask this question before you'll answer it?

Believe it or not people come to school here to get an EDUCATION and could care less about the sports teams. Actually, this happens at many institutions. Again, one more ignorant person. Before you type away you should do your history, and I don't mean asking the guy next to you at the bar.

If you only did your research, you would have seen that all but 2 programs related to American Indian students actually PAY to be on campus.

If you only did your research, you would have found UND does not even mentions FS anywhere when they recruit Native Americans.

If you only did your research, you would see that there isn't ONE Sioux tribe that is behind UND's use of the name. I know PCM says otherwise, but when we were in Bismarck a couple weeks ago the Chairwoman of Spirit Lake AND the Chairman of Standing Rock both affirmed that their tribes have not changed their stance, I directly heard it from them.

So use that ignorant comment. It only shows that you have negative feelings about the people you claim to "honor."

What in the world do you mean by 'recruit"? and again with the ignorant bull crap. live in the now.

ooo! i would like to hear an answer too...... ;)

Too bad. You'll never know now unless GK can hack into another user's handle here and try to answer it.

Slightly off topic but:

GDM, Administrator, or whomever it was, I wish to personally thank you for ridding us of GK. I don't like those kinds of people who feel that the only way to fight racism is by being racist in return.

Too bad. You'll never know now unless GK can hack into another user's handle here and try to answer it.

Slightly off topic but:

GDM, Administrator, or whomever it was, I wish to personally thank you for ridding us of GK. I don't like those kinds of people who feel that the only way to fight racism is by being racist in return.

so GK is gone then? ah but i wanted to jump into the convo....... :);)

so GK is gone then? ah but i wanted to jump into the convo....... :);)

Well, he's banned. I'm sure he can still read the threads, but I don't know if the ban is permanent or not. That's up to the Administrator. Being that he's already been suspended once (at least) I hope it is permanent.

I'm glad USCHO doesn't have a similiar policy of two strikes and your out. Hell, I'm glad that don't have a five strikes and your our out policy. :D

Dirty, well you are a pretty vocal (typer) guy when it comes to what you think and believe and it may have

gotten you into a wee bit of trouble here and there. But I believe you have morals and ethics which guide you in your life path which prevent you from doing to another person what GK did to me. :ohmy:

Dirty, well you are a pretty vocal (typer) guy when it comes to what you think and believe and it may have

gotten you into a wee bit of trouble here and there. But I believe you have morals and ethics which guide you in your life path which prevent you from doing to another person what GK did to me. :ohmy:

This may be something you don't want to reveal Sioux-cia, but if you don't mind, what happened?

gotten you into a wee bit of trouble here and there. But I believe you have morals and ethics which guide you in your life path which prevent you from doing to another person what GK did to me. :D

You'll change your tune mighty quick when your Schneider jerey goes missing. :D:):ohmy:

I don't claim to know a whole lot about the entire issue, kinda thought it was stupid to be honest....but I can tell you that the student athletes see a whole lot more than just a logo or a name when they put on a Sioux uniform.....it's exactly what Schneider said in that interview....it's about tradition, it's about pride, it's about the other 1000's of student athletes before you that put on the same colors and Sioux name...and played for YOUR university.

I get frusatrated that current and former Sioux athletes don't seem to have much of a voice in this debate. I think their opinions and feelings on the issue are important, too. They gave their blood, sweat and tears to compete under the Fighting Sioux banner. That should be taken into account.

The only person on SS.com that has stuck up for this whole name change has been this "GK" guy, and evidently he didn't have anything intelligent to say, so they kicked him off.

GrahamKracker isn't the only one who's posted here supporting the name change. The reason he was banned is given here. If people were banned simply for having nothing intelligent to say, it'd be pretty quiet on this board. :D

I get frusatrated that current and former Sioux athletes don't seem to have much of a voice in this debate. I think their opinions and feelings on the issue are important, too. They gave their blood, sweat and tears to compete under the Fighting Sioux banner. That should be taken into account.
I agree with this 110%.....so why is that? Why aren't alumi, current students and student athletes asked their opinion?? You're right though....I went through practice 9 months a year for 5 years with that name and those colors on my back....but nobody's asked how I feel about it......how WE feel about it.

GrahamKracker isn't the only one who's posted here supporting the name change. The reason he was banned is given here. If people were banned simply for having nothing intelligent to say, it'd be pretty quiet on this board.

I do understand that there was more to the story with this guy than what I posted....I guess what I said was more out of frustration than anything. This guy just really rubbed me the wrong way, which apparently, I wasn't the only one....

GrahamKracker isn't the only one who's posted here supporting the name change. The reason he was banned is given here. If people were banned simply for having nothing intelligent to say, it'd be pretty quiet on this board. :ohmy:

oooo. that hurt. thanks bud. :D

I agree with this 110%.....so why is that? Why aren't alumi, current students and student athletes asked their opinion?? You're right though....I went through practice 9 months a year for 5 years with that name and those colors on my back....but nobody's asked how I feel about it......how WE feel about it.

i agree 126.87%. :D

GrahamKracker isn't the only one who's posted here supporting the name change. The reason he was banned is given here. If people were banned simply for having nothing intelligent to say, it'd be pretty quiet on this board. :love:

I've always wanted to know why former athelete's haven't spoken up as well on the name issue...Is it because the press won't cover it or because its not as popular as having small groups of Native American's and the Liberal Arts Department from UND picket a game? I truly think their viewpoint would add more dimensions to the discussion rather than the current path of deciding whose insulted or not.

I've always wanted to know why former athelete's haven't spoken up as well on the name issue...

Back in April 2000 when a ceremony was held in the old Ralph for the Fighting Sioux team that won the 2000 Frozen Four, former Sioux player Don Ross gave a great speech in which he referred to the significance of and attachment to the nickname. I wish I had a tape of that speech or a transcript of it because, as I recall, it was very moving. It was the kind of thing that needs to be said more often in public.