SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux fans who were doubters

southpaw

earlier this year, when the sioux were still very young and not playing well a lot of people were criticizing everything about the team. it was as if there was a giant fire on the bandwagon and everyone was jumping off.

one post i remember distinctly i will post below... if you're going to the regional, feel free to print this page off and take it to shep to eat.

If it turns out that it all "comes together" (I love how everyone keeps hoping that will happen even when the evidence thus far is to the contrary) and they play in the Ralph in the Regional, I want someone to print a copy of this, and I will eat it in the organ bar between the first and second periods of their first game.

I'd love to cut Toews some slack, and I will, but I just can't believe he is the 2nd best undrafted player in the world at this point.

also, if you remember posts from other sioux fans who need some type of eating to do next weekend, feel free to post it here :lol:

earlier this year, when the sioux were still very young and not playing well a lot of people were criticizing everything about the team. it was as if there was a giant fire on the bandwagon and everyone was jumping off.

one post i remember distinctly i will post below... if you're going to the regional, feel free to print this page off and take it to shep to eat.

also, if you remember posts from other sioux fans who need some type of eating to do next weekend, feel free to post it here :lol:

So who is printing and delivering this to shep at the organ bar.

There are some "edible" posts chiding, or at the very least questioning, Parise's ability also. Those could serve as dessert.

Several people that are in positions to be in-the-know were singing Parise's praises all weekend. A few even stated that he is THE goalie they would want in a one-game tilt.

If only he didn't suck . . . . :lol:

I love the "I'd love to cut Toews some slack, and I will, but I just can't believe he is the 2nd best undrafted player in the world at this point" line. It IS hard to believe that he is the 2nd best... because I would now put him in 1st above Kessel... and word has it that I am not the only one.

:lol:

I love the "I'd love to cut Toews some slack, and I will, but I just can't believe he is the 2nd best undrafted player in the world at this point" line. It IS hard to believe that he is the 2nd best... because I would now put him in 1st above Kessel... and word has it that I am not the only one.

:lol:

If you want to go back to when he signed his letter of intent I got laughed at by some members for trying to portray what a special player he was going to be. :lol:

This year pretty much parallels last year. In the beginning both years, some where calling for the coach's head and berating the players. By the end, everyone was lovey-dovey again.

Seems the coach and his players and staff know what they're doing... two years in a row!

I certainly had my doubts: after the sweep by St. Cloud at home and the first loss against Mankato in the playoffs. But, this team has once again risen to the occasion. Getting into the NCAA was my biggest concern. Once that was locked up, it's all gravy. And what thick, juicy, meaty gravy it is.

Hopefully, those in the NCAA name change crowd are able to hear all the positive comments during broadcasting of the WCHA FF regarding the Sioux pride-- everytime they step onto the ice they expect to win, they play to win.

Was a lot of fun to be there last night and watch these young kids play hard. I was also impressed with St. Cloud, and feel just a little bit disappointed that UND's win knocks them out of the NCAA. That's a damn good team that the Sioux beat last night.

The best part about the victory last night is that UND does NOT hang a banner for it. Unlike some other programs...

taz digs the Fighting Sioux

I guess maybe Hak should say how do you like me now.

Nah. He's proven nothing. He still should be fired. I mean, he's obviously got all this talent around him and they aren't pulling squat for nothing. :angry:

For all you doubters, my one piece of gloating: HA HA YOU WERE WRONG! (For this argument anyways) YOU SUCK!

Now, back to my glum about not being there/able to watch it. I did get to see Michigan State beat Miami :lol:

Nah. He's proven nothing. He still should be fired. I mean, he's obviously got all this talent around him and they aren't pulling squat for nothing. :angry:

For all you doubters, my one piece of gloating: HA HA YOU WERE WRONG! (For this argument anyways) YOU SUCK!

Now, back to my glum about not being there/able to watch it. I did get to see Michigan State beat Miami :lol:

Hak was great at the Alum affair after the championship game. I have a great picture of him taking a shot of tequila with some friends of mine. He's not the old stick in the mud so many of you were grousing about these past two years. :lol:

Hak was great at the Alum affair after the championship game. I have a great picture of him taking a shot of tequila with some friends of mine. He's not the old stick in the mud so many of you were grousing about these past two years. :angry:

The thing he said that caught my attention was that the team learned how to win a championship and protect a lead in last night's game, and that those things would be important in the NC$$ tournament.