SiouxSports.com Forum

Gophers v. SCSU

Tsiouxnami

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No team has ever won the Final Five after playing the play-in game. Let's not make it start tomorrow Sioux! Facing a team with dead legs, take it to them early and often!

Michigan Tech did it in 1996. As far as i know that was the only time

just got a text message from my buddy who is a die hard gophs fan. i 1st text him saying hell of a game and thx for wearing out scsu for us and he responds "we didn't have anything to play for anyway, we are still number 1" :huh:;);):lol:

SO TYPICAL................

I LOVE IT.......................

well I'm out laddies - still a bit O green beer to be had out there I'm guessing!! GREAT DAY for the GREEN too!! Bring home the Broadmoor Saturday! It'll look nice in the Ralph Lobby for the Regionals!! :huh:

(and that won't be a bad 3rd place game tomorrow afternoon! DAMN i love Hockey!)

just got a text message from my buddy who is a die hard gophs fan. i 1st text him saying hell of a game and thx for wearing out scsu for us and he responds "we didn't have anything to play for anyway, we are still number 1" ;);):lol::lol:

SO TYPICAL................

I LOVE IT.......................

I'd tell him..."well...if a team that has only been averaging 2.4 goals a game hangs 8 on you?? Aren't you a little worried about where your goalies head(s) are at tournament time?" Then I'd punch him in the face, steal his wallet and run....(but that's just me! :huh: )

Okay - now I'm really out! Later guys!

Sure about that Miles? I think Siouxdonyms is right...no play-in team has ever won it in the Final 5 format

OK I'm retarded please shoot me for thinking MTU could pull anything that big off. But they did make it the the championship game in '96 after winning the play-in game.

OK I'm retarded please shoot me for thinking MTU could pull anything that big off. But they did make it the the championship game in '96 after winning the play-in game.

MTU had been the only team to make it from the play-in game to the championship prior to tonight. SCSU is now the second team. MTU did not win, so no play-in game team has won the championship.

nothing like seeing college hockey as the top play on sportcenter tonight!!

oh yeah, it was even sweeter that it was the gophs getting beat and yes, that was a soft ass goal by blarney's barman himself :huh:

I DVR'd the game and just finished watching...Ryan P is good, but how the heck do you leave him that alone in the slot four times in a row. I know it was on a man advantage, but leave someone else...and what a weak goal to win...

Yeah, that last goal was as bad as it gets for a goalie.

Since I'm a gopher fan I will force myself to look at the bright side which is that we played as bad as we are capable of playing on defense and goaltending and we were still able to go to overtime against a great defensive team who has one of the best goalies in the country. Briggs had an off night, it happens.

Is there any question at all who should win the Hobey any more?

I'm looking forward to going to Grand Forks next weekend for the regional. Good luck Sioux against the Huskies. Your'e both evil, I have no one to cheer for. :huh:

This game merely confirmed a few things we knew and a few things we suspected about the Goofs, first and foremost it confirms our suspicion that they peaked too early which is good for everyone else. Additionally it showed that many of their forwards can't play both sides of the puck. Finally, we already knew that Briggs was a sieve and we were pretty sure that Frazzled wasn't going to be the answer so maybe Lucy was able to provide Kangass a guarantee that he has a shot a being their number one next season.

As for the Hobey, the pretty goals are typically a factor only if your team is winning, ie Lessard a couple back. This is a weak group this year so perfect opportunity for a D-man (Carle with all of his Phantom assists :huh: ) to emerge the victor. Denver would have been a bottom feeder without him.

I think that, among other things, Motzko reached deep into the old bag of knowledge on Don's tendencies and schemes, and really threw the Gophers off of their game early. St. Cloud was the hungrier team.

I really wanted to see the Sioux drill the Gophers twice over the next eight days, but I guess I will have to settle for a single drilling.

Both games today should be wildly entertaining.