SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU goes begging for public opinion

jimdahl

Though I personally disagree with NDSU's stance on the issue, if it's really a moral stand, why does it matter what other college presidents think?

I guess he's really just hoping that an NCAA decision could take the heat off from both sides (people who think NDSU should stay out of UND's business will blame the NCAA, yet name-opposers will be pleased that NDSU isn't using it anymore). It strikes me that he's going to be disappointed. Schools like Illinois and Florida State just have too much power.

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/s...rts/4962152.htm

(Let's see what I can catch with this bait)

What do you expect? 'SU couldn't even make the decision about going D1 without worrying about what others would think about it. However, once they stuck their neck out only to see their more beautiful, older sister (UND) staying put they were pretty much stuck with it, and on off to play Middle of Nowhere State they go.

'SU's school motto should be: "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!"

Let's see, if the Stream Yellow crowd is so "moral", that means 'SU can't play UND, Florida State, Illiniois, Utah, San Diego State, Notre Dame (unless they're completely hypocritical on the name issue), and a myriad of other schools that use people of different groups for their nicknames, etc. Then again, to appease the PETA types, who might object to Bison, they should change their own name to Pansies, until the florists get upset.

[rhetorical question]Why did UND change it's mascot? [/rhetorical question] Was it to honor the Sioux warriors, or was it to be more "intimidating" to NDSU?

Let's see, farmers kill flickertails, and bison trample flickertails. There wasn't much motivation for NDSU to have a name change due to a rival.

Who's Marcia, again?

ScottM,

Bison is the scientific species name for an animal, but the term buffalo could be protested by PETA. If UND changed it's name to the "Fighting Homo Sapiens", there probably wouldn't be much to protest.

btw- isn't pink and green the color of a pansy? :D

• 4 weeks later...

Jim,

wondering what your bait might catch? You caught someone that uses immature misspellings/misstatments to insult rivals. I will take this opportunity to remind them, on your behalf of course, that immature behavior of that type is not welcome here.

JBB:

Dare I guess that you refer to Scott's posting?

1. Check the time stamp on that. Long before the admin "got tough."

2. Mr. Babich used to wear a cap that said 'SU. That's not a misspelling and I don't see any other. I've seen NDSU's own student newspaper refers to the school as SU.

3. Choose an ad campaign that doesn't make it so easy next time.*

I do have to appreciate Mr. Taylor's method for avoiding a decision. He may have a career in politics. ???

*I was told that at TeamMakers last fall a speaker called it one of the three worst disasters in ND history, ranking with the Fargo tornado of '52 and the GF flood of '97.

Jim,

wondering what your bait might catch? You caught someone that uses immature misspellings/misstatments to insult rivals. I will take this opportunity to remind them, on your behalf of course, that immature behavior of that type is not welcome here.

Speaking of misspellings, genius, check your own spelling before you pitifully attempt to criticize mine.

I am glad that it took you such a short time to reply to my post. I was guessing you'd drag your sorry self here in May or so and put that "high-powered" 'SU education, or whatever it is, to use.

Speaking of misspellings, genius, check your own spelling before you pitifully attempt to criticize mine.

I am glad that it took you such a short time to reply to my post. I was guessing you'd drag your sorry self here in May or so and put that "high-powered" 'SU education, or whatever it is, to use.

If you go by JBB's grasp of the English language and its spelling, everyone here is spelling poorly, except JBB, of course.