SiouxSports.com Forum

Pre-Final Five SiouxSports.com Get-Together

MafiaMan

Aaahhh...the Final Five is comin' to town...and along with it, another year of trying to find three minutes between periods to run around the X and try to meet and greet fellow posters from SiouxSports.com. No more, I say!

I'm proposing a get-together sometime this weekend for siouxsports.com posters. Rather than try to meet and greet folks in the madhouse that will be Wild Tymes, Tom Reid's, or any other downtown St Paul bar an hour or two before the games start, I'm proposing a more laid-back pre-game breakfast at a local establishment. The Hoggsbreath is conveniently located in Little Canada, about 10 minutes north of downtown St Paul on 35E. It's about 1 mile north of Highway 36 and Rice Street. Or if you're at 694 & Rice Street, about 2-3 miles south.

I haven't actually hammered out a for-sure plan just yet, but I'll see what the response is to a couple of options. The Hoggsbreath opens early and their breakfast is second only to your grandma's. Pool tables and dart boards a plenty. Maybe NorthDakotaHockey will even teach you how to hit the bulls-eye in a game of cricket!

If I get 10 or more positive responses out of this, I'll take care of all the arrangements.

10:00 am breakfast Friday morning. Come, avoid the big rush, and spend an hour or two before venturing onward to downtown St Paul.

OR

11:00 am Saturday morning. Same thing, hang out, watch some NCAA basketball, then head downtown to watch the Gophers/St Cloud/Duluth vs Wisconsin 3rd place game in the Final Five.

Having personally met 01grad, Runningwiththedogs, dagies, PCM, Bigchief, Sioux-cia, YaneA, and many others on this board, I can honestly say siouxsports.com is the place where everyone knows your avatar.

Let me know what you think!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday morning would work better for me.

I expected some Sioux fans might be driving from other parts of the country Friday morning, so I was expecting more responses for Saturday. Let's make it easy and go with 11 am Saturday morning...pending some more responses.

Still looking for a few more for-sures...I think I count 5 regular posters thus far in addition to me:

PCM

brianvf

fargosioux

runninwiththedogs

MinnesotaNorthStar

I'm also expecting that NorthDakotaHockey won't be able to turn this down.

I am pretty sure that I will be able to make Da Hogg on Saturday there Mafia Man, if you promise to not make me throw any more darts. At the dart board anyway.

Let's try your luck at pool this time. Nice to see you back! I knew you'd catch this thread sooner or later.

Is everyone taking a cab there? Just asking so that if anyone is staying at the same hotel maybe we could split the cost of one there. So I am a 90% yes, depends on what time we get in on Sat. morning. Come 11pm Friday night it could very well be a 20% yes. ???

brianvf, fargosioux, runninwiththedogs, NorthDakotaHockey, MinnesotaNorthStar, ftnsiouxhockey, YaneA, Greyeagle (maybe), cavedurtis, and me thus far...

OK, Saturday morning it is then!

So now I'm not invited? ???

Are you afraid that I'll lecture runningwiththedogs on proper netiquette? I have a PowerPoint prepared, but it's only about a half-hour long. ;)