SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/Mavs - Game 3

Siouxdonyms

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're pretty gracious using the term "fans" with DU followers. I was rather disappointed in the fanbase when I was there 2 weeks ago, considering they are 2x defending national champions. :silly:

Denver is a program I just can't stand. They have had nothing but success the last few seasons, but their support in the "high by a mile" city is pathetic. Those people don't deserve as good a team as has played there the last few seasons. And, as fate would put it, they will not.

Meanwhile, the UND's of the world, while drawing 10K+ for every game, will endure to become the best-of-the-best. Go Sioux!

Denver is a program I just can't stand. They have had nothing but success the last few seasons, but their support in the "high by a mile" city is pathetic. Those people don't deserve as good a team as has played there the last few seasons. And, as fate would put it, they will not.

Meanwhile, the UND's of the world, while drawing 10K+ for every game, will endure to become the best-of-the-best. Go Sioux!

Exactly. I thought the DU/Sioux games would have been HUGE considering the history between these 2 teams the last two years. The arena was half empty and the fans were clueless. For whatever reason (small private college? too many professional teams in the city?) Denver does not support their college team. All I could think of was that a "bad" night at the Ralph still has 9-10k in the seats.

Crap. Denver scores.