SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs TECH

AZSIOUX

UND-med.gifvs.mtu.gif

obviously very important for the sioux take 2 games from tech. not sure will we see phil or will it be the jpar show down the stretch

TOP 5 SIOUX SCORERS

STAFFORD..20G, 20A - 40PTS

OSHIE....... 19G, 15A - 34PTS

ZAJAC........11G, 22A - 33PTS

TOEWS.......16G, 8A - 24PTS

SPIRKO.......8G, 16A - 24 PTS

PARISE.............16-7-1...2.33 GAA....926 SV%

LAMOUREUX........5-7......2.61 GAA...911 SV%

TOP 5 TECH SCORERS

CONNER.......17G, 12A - 29PTS

SCHWARTZ...10G, 15A - 25PTS

HELMINEN.....2G, 17A - 19PTS

SHELAST.......9G, 8A - 17PTS

DESMET.......7G, 10A - 17PTS

TESLAK.............7-10-4.....3.60 GAA....905 SV%

NOLAN..............0-11-2.....4.18 GAA....884 SV%

Has Conner been at Tech now for like 7 years? ;):silly:

If I were Hakstol, I would play Lammy on Fri night to give Jordan a game off, then ride Parise through the playoffs, as he has shown that he brings his play to another level in the postseason.

I would come righ back with Jordy on Friday night get his confidence back.

UND has to win two game no matter what.

I agree. If we do well on Friday, I say the day for Phil is Saturday. That gives Jordy a day off heading into the playoffs.

Has Conner been at Tech now for like 7 years? :lol::blink:

If I were Hakstol, I would play Lammy on Fri night to give Jordan a game off, then ride Parise through the playoffs, as he has shown that he brings his play to another level in the postseason.

That's the same thing I think about Gauthier of DU...I HATE that guy, all smug and clutch against UND. AARGH!

Definately need to win 2 against Tech. Usually UND fares pretty well against them, especially at home. I'd be really surprised if the boys don't get it done this weekend.

Wow, so Tech's goalies usually suck pretty bad, but Nolan...poor kid hasn't even smelled a victory this season. And that other guy is saving the puck @90%...not too bad, especially when you're allowing 40 shots a game.

Has Conner been at Tech now for like 7 years? :lol::blink:

I agree. He is like Sasha Muleen (sp?) from St. Cloud from years back. I swear to god... he played from 1996 - 2004? He must have had a redshirt, a medical hardship, a year off, suspended, and then four regular years to get that much mileage!

Sizing up Tech's goalies, I would expect/hope the Sioux shoot the crap out of the puck this weekend. Toews ending the regular season with hatty would be a bonus. :blink:

The Sioux have no reason to not sweep the Huskies back to "da Yooper".

And the Sioux must sweep this weekend.

/s Dr. Scott, Ph.D. in the Obvious

Sizing up Tech's goalies, I would expect/hope the Sioux shoot the crap out of the puck this weekend. Toews ending the regular season with hatty would be a bonus. :blink:

The Sioux have no reason to not sweep the Huskies back to "da Yooper".

And the Sioux must sweep this weekend.

/s Dr. Scott, Ph.D. in the Obvious

I think a sweep is paramount. Also, I believe that SCSU will lose a game this weekend, and they have gone 2-3-1 in their last six against some weak opponents.

I think a sweep is paramount. Also, I believe that SCSU will lose a game this weekend, and they have gone 2-3-1 in their last six against some weak opponents.

Are you saying that Wisco is weak? Therefore, given SCSU's record in their last six against weak team's they will lose or that Wisco is due to beat a weak team? :blink:

Are you saying that Wisco is weak? Therefore, given SCSU's record in their last six against weak team's they will lose or that Wisco is due to beat a weak team? :blink:

I am not saying Wisconsin is weak, I am saying the only team that was tough that they played was C.C. and they haven't shined as of late. Losing to MSU-M didn't help as well as tieing MTU. SCSU is due to lose, because I think Wisconsin is due and they are playing in Madtown.

I agree with you all... the Sioux MUST sweep this weekend.

But they won't. :lol:

Three points max. Tech has not been swept since... Crap, you guys were the last ones to sweep 'em... 2-3 December 2005 in Houghton. Well, enough of that. I say the Huskies should return the favor.

And you may all rejoice after the game on Saturday, as that will be the last time all of you will likely see Conner in all his glory on the ice... :blink:

Three points max. Tech has not been swept since... Crap, you guys were the last ones to sweep 'em... 2-3 December 2005 in Houghton. Well, enough of that. I say the Huskies should return the favor.

And you may all rejoice after the game on Saturday, as that will be the last time all of you will likely see Conner in all his glory on the ice... :blink:

We did it then and we'll do it again. Dogs are dogs, bred to be mastered, and baby, they will meet their masters this weekend!

GO SIOUX!!

We did it then and we'll do it again. Dogs are dogs, bred to be mastered, and baby, they will meet their masters this weekend!

GO SIOUX!!

Nono, see... Tech has already met the Sioux. 6-1 and 8-2... Yeah, that's ownage right there...

However, they will be BREAKING FREE this weekend, my friend. Well, at least on Saturday. Friday will be another owning by the Sioux of my Huskies... but Saturday... Don't even bother coming if it disgusts you to see your team tie Tech ... as it does so many other WCHA teams' fans... (Does that even make sense? :lol: )

One thing we have going for us is that UND is one of the FEW teams who hasn't had at least one shut out against us in this season alone... Hopefully it'll stay that way.... :blink: Tech has been shut out SIX times this season... Ugh!

Noooooooo.

Not the Zebra stick again. *cringe*

:lol:

Like Sagard said. They can't lose 1 shift. If they can come out on fire and bury a few they can run away in these games. If it is close, anything can happen.

I expect Lee and Radke to have big weekends. :lol: I expect Prpich to take an untimely penalty. :blink:

BTW, I heard that the father of the ;) died... :lol:

That will change this weekend. UND has not lost to MTU I believe in the Jamie Russel era.

That will change this weekend. UND has not lost to MTU I believe in the Jamie Russel era.

This is true. In fact, the Sioux have been so greedy to not even have been able to spare ONE point in Jamie's three years at MTU.

I'm hoping my guys can reward me for having to drive to Grand Forks and staying there for the weekend. They give me at least one point. :lol:

This is true. In fact, the Sioux have been so greedy to not even have been able to spare ONE point in Jamie's three years at MTU.

I'm hoping my guys can reward me for having to drive to Grand Forks and staying there for the weekend. They give me at least one point. :lol:

Instead of a point...how about we arrange a blind date with Diggler as a consolation prize?? He needs to get out more... :lol:

I know we dropped one to Tech at a Winter Carnival some years back (post-Blake and pre-Parise), but I honestly can't remember the last time we lost to Tech at home? Was Andy Sutton playing the last time they won here?

EDIT: Answered my own question...

Fri 10/20/2000 UND 4 Michigan Tech 5

mtu-5 Clint Way (Jarrett Weinberger, Matt Ulwelling) GWG 5x4 14:32

EDIT: Answered my own question...

Fri 10/20/2000 UND 4 Michigan Tech 5

mtu-5 Clint Way (Jarrett Weinberger, Matt Ulwelling) GWG 5x4 14:32

Actually, the last time UND lost to MTU at home was Feb. 8, 2003. I remember that game well because Dean Blais was truly pissed and Kevin Spiewak nearly broke down in tears while addressing the media afterward.

The loss not only ended UND's unbeaten streak at home this season, it also prevented the Sioux from setting a new school record. Dating back to last season, the team was 15-0-3 at home, which tied the previous record set during the 1979-1080 and 1980-1981 seasons.

"We lost as a team," said Sioux assistant captain Kevin Spiewak. "It was just a bad game for everyone, all around. It was just a whole team breakdown. You just take it right in the heart when you lose at home in front of a sold-out arena."