SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Goalies

WW23

First off, Philippe Lamoureux is the goalie for sioux.. I dont know how the sioux coaches dont see that i mean lets look at his games when he loses its usually because the sioux can never score when he's in net. If they do they win. I was very disappoionted with how the sioux forwards played against st.cloud. Philippe played well

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, Philippe Lamoureux is the goalie for sioux.. I dont know how the sioux coaches dont see that i mean lets look at his games when he loses its usually because the sioux can never score when he's in net. If they do they win. I was very disappoionted with how the sioux forwards played against st.cloud. Philippe played well

:lol: are you just starting threads for the fun of it??

yeah, why in the hell are we even playing jordy, he only led us to the title game last season, we should bench him for the rest of the year ???

you have to be kidding me, either we have another skippy on board or you are just bored..one of the two..

:lol: are you just starting threads for the fun of it??

yeah, why in the hell are we even playing jordy, he only led us to the title game last season, we should bench him for the rest of the year ???

you have to be kidding me, either we have another skippy on board or you are just bored..one of the two..

Jordan Parise has a GAA between 1.5 and 2.0 in NCAA play with a Save% of around .940.

I mean, comon. Let's face it. If we don't have two goaltenders who can play, we're just going to fail in the long run.

i think an important question to ask as well is why does the team consistenly score more goals for jordy than for phil? I'm not sayin that they aren't tryin for phil cause that isn't the case, but jordan has had proven success and has maybe gained more of a trust and respect from the team. Not phils fault, jordan just became hot at the right time and is keeping pace from right where he set off last year, so i think it is his spot to lose. but what a problem to have, two goalies who ould start for almost any other collegiate program in the country and we got stuck with it lol, nice change from 3 or 4 years ago right after karl left huh :lol:

No, have you even ever watched a Sioux hockey game THIS YEAR last year doesnt mean !@$! phil has definetly played better and if u can't see that then may you should quit watching hockey because your blind to talent...forget the stats watch a game he plays better....dont get me wrong jordan is good and deserves to be d1 but phil has out played him THIS YEAR and the sioux arent going to the title game this year unless they start scoring when they need to.

No, have you even ever watched a Sioux hockey game THIS YEAR last year doesnt mean !@$! phil has definetly played better and if u can't see that then may you should quit watching hockey because your blind to talent...forget the stats watch a game he plays better....dont get me wrong jordan is good and deserves to be d1 but phil has out played him THIS YEAR and the sioux arent going to the title game this year unless they start scoring when they need to.

Exactly, what I have bolded is a very strong argument, against your point that is. The sioux just simply aren't scoring for phil like they are for jordan, and i don't think anybody knows why, they just aren't. And so far it has appeard that the only way they will score in bunches is if jordan is in net. I'm not exactly sure how you figure that phil has outplayed jordan, when jordan's save % is higher and is close to the nations best. Why not start a hot goalie who your team will score for?

the bottom line is wins and losses

jordan parise 13-6-1 GAA 2.34 Save%.928

phil lamoureux 5-7-0 GAA 2.62 save %.910

its unfortunate that phil doesn't get more goals scored for him, but bottom line i want a goalie who will put a W in the win column for me and right now that is jordan, see above stats for proof.

I've noticed in your mere 6 or 7 posts that you're quick to attack people on this board. Some of the people you attack have been posting here for years now. This is a public forum, so everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Your opinion will obviously different from others, but that doesn't mean that you should attack someone until they see things your way. That's an adolescent mentality. In regards to your argument, you also need to look at who the players are playing better in front of, and looking at the stats (Wins/Losses which is important), Jordan has had better luck than Phil. Phil has definitely proven that he deserves to play at least one game a weekend, but Jordan has done that as well. Ease up on the attacks buddy. This is a public forum and all opinions should be welcome, and remember, everytime you point your finger at someone, there are three fingers pointing at you.

Actually i lost my old screen name ive been here for over a year and i just created a new name today...and i understand people have their own opinion but they attacked me...i see where ur going with jordan and agree but i just want to know why they dont score for him...ill never stop believing he's the better goalie but i dont know maybe ur right about jordy but lets wait and see what happens the rest of the season...you never know

Actually i lost my old screen name ive been here for over a year and i just created a new name today...and i understand people have their own opinion but they attacked me...i see where ur going with jordan and agree but i just want to know why they dont score for him...ill never stop believing he's the better goalie but i dont know maybe ur right about jordy but lets wait and see what happens the rest of the season...you never know

i think part of it is that he is proven in the pipes when it matters late in the season, that kind of respect and trust has to be earned in a team sport, and as you know if you played a team sport before if a backup qb has to go into the game because a starter is hurt and the team starts losing more, its not because the team isn't playing as hard for him, its because he is not as proven. Now i'm not sayin that phil is a backup like that, but just using it as an example of my theory. Jordy has earned more of the teams trust, therefor they play better for him because of it.

I'm sure the entire coaching staff and probably the players are wondering why they play better in front of Jordan. It's one of the unknowns, and I'm sure all fans wish they'd get it figured out. I'd like to see Phil have a shot at being the go-to goaltender during the playoff run, and I wasn't too excited that he didn't have the opportunity to play one game against CC, but it's not my choice. It's Hak's choice as he heads this team. I'm just a fan, and have to put up with the choices made by them, and the way the team plays.

You're not the only person who has attacked people on this board. I know numerous people who do it, and I'm sure at one time or another, I probably did it due to a heated debate. However, the best thing to do is to be the adult. If you don't fuel the fire, it's bound to go out. I joined the board to communicate with other Sioux fans, and I love it. It's a way for people to talk Sioux hockey, regardless of where they live. What I can't understand is why so many people feel pleasure in demoralizing, or at least attempting to demoralize other Sioux fans.

There is no sense to be debating this topic. We should be debating why we are so inconsistent. The goalie situation should be the least of our worries.

The only problem with Jordan is that I think he is giving up untimely goals. He will come around and help the Sioux make a run through the playoffs as they usually do.

Well, I've seen 23 of the 32 games in person. Of the remaining 9, I have seen 3 on TV. The only games I have not seen at all are AA, Mich. Tech., and CC.

I agree that Phil is an excellent goalie, he has played outstanding in some games and was probably the sole reason they won a few times (such as the first Bemidji game).

I also believe Jordan is equal or better then Phil. He has also been the sole reason we won some games (such as Miami). He is a proven tournament goalie, as good as there is in the NCAA IMO. In addition, for some reason the Sioux generally score more goals when he is playing, not sure why that is. Could be they have more confidence and willing to take a few extra chances on the offensive side.

As far as stats go, every category favors Jordan (W/L, GAA, SavePct). Pretty hard to make a convincing logical argument that it is better to play Phil.

Since every game from here out is extremely important it is time to pick a goalie and ride him to #8.

The case can be made that the best choice is Jordan...not sure I can make even a weak case for Phil over Jordan.

That said I have confidence in both and feel fortunate that we have two outstanding goalies. Wasn't too long ago we had trouble finding one. Most teams are fortunate if they have one good goalie. See what has happened to Wisconsin since Elliot went down, they are not the same. Will be interesting if they can regain their ealier form when he comes back.

There is no sense to be debating this topic. We should be debating why we are so inconsistent. The goalie situation should be the least of our worries.

The only problem with Jordan is that I think he is giving up untimely goals. He will come around and help the Sioux make a run through the playoffs as they usually do.

I agree with most of what you wrote but I am not sure that this year's version of Parise is the same as last year's.

I've been a bit sour on Parise since the soft goals he gave up during the Gopher series, but even I haven't come on to attack people's views about it like the guy who started this post has.

You say you've been here, but "lost" your old tagline, but I can't recall anyone coming on with the same fervor about your views as you have.

Who were you???

I agree with most of what you wrote but I am not sure that this year's version of Parise is the same as last year's.

I've been a bit sour on Parise since the soft goals he gave up during the Gopher series, but even I haven't come on to attack people's views about it like the guy who started this post has.

You say you've been here, but "lost" your old tagline, but I can't recall anyone coming on with the same fervor about your views as you have.

Who were you???

WPoS! :lol:

I do not agree with this statement at all, sorry,

I do not agree with it either and I'm sooooooooo tired of reading that "the team" plays worse in front of Phil so that's the reason to put Parise in.

I just can't see how that's a justification to bench a goalie. I can't figure out the cause-effect of that issue (why the team plays worse OFFENSIVELY in front of Phil) but to say that's the reason to play Parise over him implies that it isn't based on who the better goalie is-it's all based on the team performance in front of that goalie.

Nor do I agree that Parise is Karl Goehring. When Parise leads us to a title I'll be reconsidering it.

We're fortunate to have two excellent goalies. One has had slightly more success than the other but that doesn't make one significantly better than the other.

I agree.

I like JPar a lot, but I agree that he's no Karl Goehring. I don't think he'd be Karl G even if he did win a title. Karl Goehring was good enough at times to win games all by himself in the way that he could steal the game from under the opponent even when the players in front of him played very poorly.

Jordan Parise and Phil Lamoreaux are NOT game stealing goaltenders. So I would liken neither one to Karl Goehring.

HOWEVER, would you all rather have a great goaltender like Elliott or Goephert and a backup sieve like say, Montgomery or whomever or would you rather have two goaltenders that can come in on any given night and play well enough to provide their team a chance to win? Trust me, I like Goepfert and Elliott, but I'd rather have two goaltenders that can play rather than one that has to handle the load by himself.

As for who plays when, I think that's Hakstol's decision to make. So far, when we've lost, it hasn't been because of goaltending really. It's been because our offense has been inconsistent or we've taken an ill timed penalty and it cost us.

We're SO used to goaltending being the issue after Karl played here that I believe we have trouble seeing past it.

i think part of it is that he is proven in the pipes when it matters late in the season, that kind of respect and trust has to be earned in a team sport, and as you know if you played a team sport before if a backup qb has to go into the game because a starter is hurt and the team starts losing more, its not because the team isn't playing as hard for him, its because he is not as proven. Now i'm not sayin that phil is a backup like that, but just using it as an example of my theory. Jordy has earned more of the teams trust, therefor they play better for him because of it.

serious contradiction of terms :lol:

I think that Phil is qualified enough to start for the sioux ability-wise. The problem that i have with Phil is that he is outwardly a head case (most goalies aren't right in the head to begin with, just ask them). I have seen him throw hissie fits in the net after a soft goal (i.e. 2nd goal st cloud/shooting the puck into the stands at MN) and that to me says that he isn't ready to lead a team through the playoffs....yet. I think next year he'll have a good chance and once jordan leaves, that he will have the best chance to do just that, but i think this year, jordie is the horse the sioux need to ride to #8. just my opinion.

I say this with all due respect to Phil, because I too feel he could play for any other team in collge hockey. Parise is the man, that's just the simple truth. I agree that at this point in the year you need to saddle your horse and ride him through the playoff's. That horse is Parise, bottom line.