SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ CC

Sioux-cia

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i will be working tonight but will be dropping in for the game story from you all..lets keep it rolling and get another HUGE win coming down the stretch..

veterans step up tonight, stafford with great game and parise with another W

LETS GO SIOUX

Yeah I heard TH mention that as well...he didnt play the first night of the series last year and stayed in the room all night.

Apparently Drew didnt play the first game of the Regional when UND traveled to CC in 2004.

I used to get sick like that at altitude also. My decathlon coach would have me make mix a concoction (with dr approval of course... don't want to peeve off big brother AAU athletics or the NCAA drug testers) of benadryl (anti-nausea), low strength aspirin (thins the blood), Vitamin D tablets (apparently stabilizes inner ear at high altitudes?), ibuprofin (again, some type of inner ear/cranium anti-inflammation reason) and good old Mountain Dew (for caffiene which offsets some of the drowsiness of the benadryl).

Gotta say it worked like a charm. Within a couple of hours of taking it I could go from not being able to walk straight and feeling like I was going to fall over or puke to being completely normal. I haven't looked at the NCAA guidelines in a while to see if this is still Kosher, but if it is, maybe he should try it?

Feel free to forward this email to anyone who can reach him!

:blush:

I used to get sick like that at altitude also. My decathlon coach would have me make mix a concoction (with dr approval of course... don't want to peeve off big brother AAU athletics or the NCAA drug testers) of benadryl (anti-nausea), low strength aspirin (thins the blood), Vitamin D tablets (apparently stabilizes inner ear at high altitudes?), ibuprofin (again, some type of inner ear/cranium anti-inflammation reason) and good old Mountain Dew (for caffiene which offsets some of the drowsiness of the benadryl).

Gotta say it worked like a charm. Within a couple of hours of taking it I could go from not being able to walk straight and feeling like I was going to fall over or puke to being completely normal. I haven't looked at the NCAA guidelines in a while to see if this is still Kosher, but if it is, maybe he should try it?

According to my friends in Vail, Altitude sickness can leave you visiting the bathroom nonstop for days--they reccommend lots of water, before you arrive, as well as during your stay. Also, if you can stay in Denver for a day to acclimate yourself a bit, it helps. They also have pills you can take, I believe. Anyways, it is a real problem for many, since it mimics the flu.

Another thing though, doesn't Benadryl make you tired?? I heard from my kid's team doctor that taking blood thinners, like aspirin/ibuprofin isn't wise before/during a high contact sport, like hockey, because if there's an injury that's bleeding, it'll be more difficult to stop the flow.

Possible pairwise comparisons that the Sioux could flip with a WIN tonight against CC.

1. CC - RPI is so close now that a win should do it. Comparison win 3-2.

2. Providence - if they lose to Vermont the TUC will flip to UND's favor. Last nights win pushed them

ahead on RPI so they would win the comparison 2-1.

3. Alaska Fairbanks - if they lose to Miami the TUC will flip to UND so they win 2-1.

The unknown factor is if some team drops in/out of TUC and how that effects everything.

Don't see any other comparisons they are currently losing that they could flip tonight.

My guess is we will see Jordan again tonight. Philippe is an excellent goalie but they have to go with Jordan in tonights game, this is a must win and they have had better success with Parise in the net (13-5-1 vs. 5-7-0 for Lamoureux).

Are there many UND alumni in the Colorado Springs and Denver areas and do they come out to support the Sioux? Thanks.

Absolutely, I lived in Colorado Springs for the past three years and we used to get a fantastic turn out at both rinks. In fact two years ago at Magness I would go as far to say that nearly a quarter of the rink was Sioux fans and we made more noise, but for good reason, the Sioux scored 10 goals in the Friday game and 6 on the Saturday. I was right behind the Pioneer bench and it was the best $48.00 on hockey tickets that I ever spent. :lol:

Last year we had a great alumni dinner at the World Arena prior to the Saturday night game, with the coaches and their wives. I was chewing the fat with Eades and this one guy walked up to join our conversation wearing a Badger Jersey. Poor guy didn't realize the history of the man, kind of like waving red in front of the bull. :blush:

Prior to last nights games the Sioux were losing the comparison to St. Cloud 5-2. By winning last night the Sioux increased their TUC record just enough to overtake St. Cloud. Up till last night St.Cloud's two losses earlier in the season to CC didn't count in the COP with UND, so just by playing CC there were two losses added to St. Cloud's COP, coupled with the Sioux win it was enough to flip the COP category to UND which then made the pairwise comparison 4-3 for UND despite losing the regular season series 3 games to 1.

Just goes to show how many variables can effect the pairwise and how tough it is to predict how things will turn out.

Wasn't it last year where it would have been better for Wisconsin to lose a first round WCHA playoff game cause a win would knock the other team out of TUC when would have dropped a number of wins from Wisconsins TUC totals. Not a great system when that kind of scenario can occur.

Hak's comments:

Getting down early last night didn't get us down, we were ready and prepared. Will have bump or two in the road and I thought we weather that really well.

we were physical last night on the right guys... there were a couple of key hits on key players.

Last night was such a positive night, so much energy. We have to build on that instead of be satisified with that. Play for the guy next to him, play for the jersey...

It's important get the first goal or two in the game... we know that we are going to get the kitchen sink thrown at us in the first period.

Thinks CC will be sharper tonight, came off a week off and may have been a bit off. Will be interesting to see if CC changes up any of the lines.

We've gotta take care of ourselves, we've got to win games. From here on it, it's playoff hockey. The only thing that matters is tonight. This is a win that we want to get tonight...

Parise in goal... he brings that attitude out of the lockerroom that some guys latch on to.

Black jerseys again tonight