SiouxSports.com Forum

Music at the Ralph during Hockey

Heff

When Drew Stafford leaves UND, do you think Red Seal Peach (or whatever) will be a priority for him?

Sorry, but at most 2 years down the line (more like after this season) Red Seal Peach will cease to exist because Stafford will have a new address.... Rochester, NY.

OMG redwing, I was sooooooooo kidding. Sorry to insult your boyfriend. ;)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG redwing, I was sooooooooo kidding. Sorry to insult your boyfriend. :lol:

Bah. Didn't know you were kidding.

Seriously, though, I think it is funny how serious they are taking themselves in this bad. It's like my best friend's last band where they said they were going to "make it" and started to learn covers to play. :blush:

It failed.

Seriously, though, I think it is funny how serious they are taking themselves in this bad. It's like my best friend's last band where they said they were going to "make it" and started to learn covers to play. :blush:

It failed.

Wasn't everyone in a band...'back in the day'?

Too bad. He's gonna end up with bad memories of his time in the band. I have great ones that I will NEVER share with my children. :lol:

Yeah. He's a pretty darn good keyboard player who knows what he's doing musically. He's caught up in a band currently that is just loud. At least he isnt in a band of pot heads like he used to be.

Newer music, with very few exceptions, sucks. 95% of the good music in this world was made prior to 1993.

Are you dissin' my hip hop, boyeeeee?

P. Diddy and 50 Cent fo' life!

:lol:

Seriously, most people's idea of "happening" music involves rap music. Great for them, I am glad they like it. But I'll be damned if I'm going to sit in my seat and listen to P. "No talent" Diddy and 50 "wasted" Cent.

The rest of rock these days seems to be whiney angsty music about how everything sucks and nothing is right in the world and it is all your/my parents'/her fault. Sorry, I hear whining all the time. Don't need it.

I've played music for my sons' home hockey games at our area rink for the last three years. In fact, I had even asked on this forum a year or so ago asking for suggestions on some good songs for hockey games.

It seems to me that you have to have a variety (minus country and most hip hop) that fits what is going on before and during the game and the reaction/mood of the audience. I'll play everything from Elvis (A Little Conversation) when the officials are taking longer than normal, to songs from Godsmack, Puddle of Mud, Trapt, POD, Alien Ant Farm (hard rock, metal...take your pick) to the (original) Monday Night Football theme, ESPN Hockey Night theme, or Fox Sports Hockey theme, to Tequila (and other classic 50's and 60's) or some traditional hockey organ music, or AC/DC, Kiss, Van Halen, Bob Seger, Fog Hat, Grand Funk to some techno type music along with somg songs such as The Hockey Song, Drop That Puck or the Puck Drops Here, Gary Glitter's Rock and Roll Part II for goals, to other songs from different NHL teams. I've even played the Chicken Dance once or twice (remembering the audience, a lot of young kids, these are Mite and Squirt games).

Regardless, it would seem to me that whoever would be in charge of audio/music at a game, they should have a variety and played at the right time that makes sense. Watching the crowd, you can usually tell when they are getting into the game and the music. Personally, I prefer the hard edge at a hockey game.

I also play Ram Jam's Black Betty, but based on what I've read here recently, it may be a matter of time before I'm outlawed from playing that :lol: What will they ban next!!

Really enjoyed our recent trip to GF for the Duluth series. What a couple of great games.

Couple of thoughts. Our group was really appreciative of the band being in the lower bowl. We thought that really helped with atmosphere. Tried to get the crowd chanting a few times (Let's Go Sioux) but had trouble getting up any interest, and the one time the band caught on they started up off-beat. What's up with that? :D

Anyway, I dug Cowbell Guy. He got a big cheer from the crowd on Saturday night. If the guy is reading this who yelled out afterwards "He's just a band geek, people!" and then proceeded to tell your lackeys and everyone around how you used to pick on guys like that in high school, you can kiss my ass. We expect that attitude from gopher fans, not one of our own. How about having fun at the game instead of sitting quietly at the game with your 4 door 4wd red pickup stuck in your pants.

Also dug "All By Myself" played when the 'Dog was sitting in the sin bin, all lonesome. I hope more of that kind of thing is thrown into the mix.

Very impressed with the students in the 2nd deck on Friday night. You put the students in the first deck to shame, along with the rest of the crowd. Very active and vocal. Way to go!

Would love to see the words for Stand Up and Cheer on the ring. It would help me as I haven't memorized them.

Dug the band playing in the concourse between periods on Sat, and watching the little show the percussion section put on. Those guys are having a good time and the crowd that gathered was impressed. Keep it up!

Here's to more good times at the Ralph!

I went to a DIII college hockey game one time, and during a small fight (like the one against Mankato) they began to play Barneys "I love you, you love me" etc, I thought it was very entertaining. After the fight while the refs were trying to figure out what was what, they played the final Jeopardy song, good stuff.

That Elephant skit they showed prior to the overtime, I hope I never see that again.

I LOVED IT!!!!! I laughed so hard! i think hakstol did too, i saw him! I was crying i was laughing so hard!

Really enjoyed our recent trip to GF for the Duluth series. What a couple of great games.

Couple of thoughts. Our group was really appreciative of the band being in the lower bowl. We thought that really helped with atmosphere. Tried to get the crowd chanting a few times (Let's Go Sioux) but had trouble getting up any interest, and the one time the band caught on they started up off-beat. What's up with that? :D

Anyway, I dug Cowbell Guy. He got a big cheer from the crowd on Saturday night. If the guy is reading this who yelled out afterwards "He's just a band geek, people!" and then proceeded to tell your lackeys and everyone around how you used to pick on guys like that in high school, you can kiss my ass. We expect that attitude from gopher fans, not one of our own. How about having fun at the game instead of sitting quietly at the game with your 4 door 4wd red pickup stuck in your pants.

Also dug "All By Myself" played when the 'Dog was sitting in the sin bin, all lonesome. I hope more of that kind of thing is thrown into the mix.

Very impressed with the students in the 2nd deck on Friday night. You put the students in the first deck to shame, along with the rest of the crowd. Very active and vocal. Way to go!

Would love to see the words for Stand Up and Cheer on the ring. It would help me as I haven't memorized them.

Dug the band playing in the concourse between periods on Sat, and watching the little show the percussion section put on. Those guys are having a good time and the crowd that gathered was impressed. Keep it up!

Here's to more good times at the Ralph!

I agree about everything here. LOVE the cowbell guy. Then the thought hit me: Who's going to replace him when he graduates? Will the replacement be willing to do as he did? Will he grow the Commodore hairdo?

Oh, and I loved the band in the concourse. Especially the lowclass woman who tried to block the band's way. Why? Because this lithe clarinet player nearly knocked her off her feet as she ran right over her ;)

CLASSIC.

I'm telling you, in those situations,

with Duluth, or Tech, or St. Cloud, or even Anchorage, in town,

I wanna hear "How Much Is That Doggy In The Window" crankin' out. ;):D

If yo want music than go to a conert! I mean come on you don't want some really good music were into at the hockey games just beacuse of little kids.

Please tell me you didn't learn to spell at UND!!

Going to a hockey game is also about the experience as a whole, which includes cheering, jeering, music, snacks, intermission entertainment the whole nine yards. Which is why people go to the game rather than just watching it on TV or reading about it in the paper.