SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Gophers in Rodentville

AZSIOUX

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any Word on Officals this weekend?? And for a change how about the Fighting Sioux getting the first goal both nights and continue the support for Phil, He'll give us the chance for the sweep.

considering....who we have to choose from.....I am sure that neither team/fan base will be happy with the officiating as the head ref is an idiot....

WPoS

considering....who we have to choose from.....I am sure that neither team/fan base will be happy with the officiating as the head ref is an idiot....

WPoS

A good call.

I'd expect it to be Derek Shepherd.

The nice thing about Greg Shepherd (if anything of his work could be considered that way) is that it doesn't appear as though Don Adam will officiate in a UND game. The season' isn't over, but it's never a bad thing to not be officiated by the WCHA's most dangerous official.

A good call.

I'd expect it to be Derek Shepherd.

The nice thing about Greg Shepherd (if anything of his work could be considered that way) is that it doesn't appear as though Don Adam will officiate in a UND game. The season' isn't over, but it's never a bad thing to not be officiated by the WCHA's most dangerous official.

Please let it be Zelken or Campion.

Please let it be Zelken or Campion.

Zelkin sucks, he last officiated the Sioux and Badgers game and he did a poor job single handily calling the worst game I have ever witnessed in all of college hockey even the Badger players were laughing and smirking by the end of the game because it was so poor. I want Campion because you can at least roll a few lines and get a flow to the game.

Zelkin sucks, he last officiated the Sioux and Badgers game and he did a poor job single handily calling the worst game I have ever witnessed in all of college hockey even the Badger players were laughing and smirking by the end of the game because it was so poor. I want Campion because you can at least roll a few lines and get a flow to the game.

Couldn't agree more!! Zelkin is terrible! But I can't say D. Shephard is any better. But the fans sure seem to love to raz him.

The highlight of that game was the "We want Sheppard" chant.

Campion is probably one of the better officials. He doesn't take too much seriously if you watch him on the ice for a second. But he is usually consistant. There are alot of good linesman in the WCHA that should get a chance. Either way no one will ever be happy. Always have to blame the game on something or someone.

Campion is probably one of the better officials. He doesn't take too much seriously if you watch him on the ice for a second. But he is usually consistant. There are alot of good linesman in the WCHA that should get a chance. Either way no one will ever be happy. Always have to blame the game on something or someone.

I agree that Campion is one, if not the most consistent official the WCHA has. As for linesman, wasn't Albers a former linesman? Also, if there are any linesmen that are going to be promoted, look for the first to have the last name Shepherd. Mark my words, it will be true.

As for the last comment, blaming the game? No. Zelkin didn't cause us to get swept. Neither really did Shepherd the first time we faced the Gophers to be honest. But what we can blame them on is taking a lot of fairness away from the game. No one says they should stop calling penalties against the Sioux. Consistency is the #1 gripe that I (and most of the rest of us) have with the officiating. #2 would be the strong emphasis on situational officiating (ties in with #1) and, IMO, #3 would be no apparent standard of accountability for poor performances of officials.

Costing us games isn't one of them.

Does anyone know where I can find the overall record between the Sioux vs. the Gophers? A link would be helpful.

Series record: Minnesota leads the all-time series, 127-115-11. The Sioux are 6-5 overall in their last 11 games overall against Minnesota.

http://www.fightingsioux.com/sports/mhocke...RELEASE_ID=4456

According to that there was a stretch from November 1997 to January 2000, where UND did not lose to the gophers. I didn't realize it was so long! That's simply amazing, although Woog and his MN only philosophy were clearly on the way out by the end of that.

This will be a good one as well, hopefully.

If you were to walk up to one of the scalpers Friday or Saturday night in front of The John, what would be an average/fair/reasonable price for one ticket?

they will probably be asking 75.00 to 100.00 a ticket as thats what they are being sold on ebay for. same as the series at the ralph. i have said this before that i have gotten lucky from a kid who just got tix from his dad for that night and had no interest in going to the game and sold them for face value to me so he could make a couple bucks and have paid 75.00 a ticket as well..just depends....

the key is to find those who are just selling them for no profit which is slim to none and getting the tix before a scalper finds them first..you have to beat them at their own game ;)

If you were to walk up to one of the scalpers Friday or Saturday night in front of The John, what would be an average/fair/reasonable price for one ticket?

Actually, I'd be surprised if you had to pay over $75. My guess is $50-$75, and that will obviously go down as the game begins.

Best bet....look for the dad with either his wife or his kid that usually has 4 tickets but only two are going, so he's just looking to get rid of them. For some reason, they more common at Gopher hockey games than other sporting events.