SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Gophers in Rodentville

AZSIOUX

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mhock-UND-den-102805-vs.jpg

That's what Jordan does after he realizes(if he plays this weekend) that he just shut out the gooofers two nights in a row and earned a SWEEP! :D

Yeah, I would like to see the odds of that in Vegas. I would be happy with a split. We need to get some points out of this weekend. Now is the time to start building some momentum. I cannot even fathom having the West regional in GF and the Sioux not make the tornament. What a buzzkill that would be. That cannot be an option, and I would like to see this team play with more of a sense of urgency. Someone needs to light a fire under this team and get the ball rolling.

I was surprised to find how few games the Sioux have played on Olympic Ice so far this year.

On NHL sized ice the Sioux are 11-7 by my count.

On Olympic ice they are 3-2-1.

Considering only 3 of those 11 NHL wins are at home, I was thinking maybe they were suffering on NHL ice, and might play better on Olympic sized sheets. Maybe there's no story here after all.

The Sioux ARE 6-5 on Fridays and 7-3-1 on Saturdays. I didn't count the Lefty McFadden as that was played on Sat/Sun against 2 different teams, though the Sioux won on Sat and lost on Sun. Still not much to say here, other than maybe a slight bias to playing better on Saturdays than Fridays.

Those are intresting stats, Dagies. Before this team should worry about W's and L's on Fridays and Saturday's and vice versa, I think they should try to put together 3-20 minute periods back-to-back-to-back, for a full 60 minute effort :D For starters anyway, then the w's and l's will take care of themselves.

On November 28, 1999, the Sioux had 1:52 of 5 on 3 against New Hampshire and didn't score. C'mon, there's five of you and only three of them. What gives?

If memory serves me correctly, they had a 6-4 for the last minute plus of the last game against the goofs and didn't score.

It's not a gimme by any means.

If memory serves me correctly, they had a 6-4 for the last minute plus of the last game against the goofs and didn't score.

It's not a gimme by any means.

I think they had that advantage both nights. It really slowed their momentum for some reason. Not that I'm complaining or planning on advising Lucia to have them take a penalty while clinging to a lead this time around.

WPoS, do you have them tickets you owe me for this weekend series?

:D riiiIIiiight, actually if I DID have any extra, you would be one of the FEW Sioux fans I'd give them to....but sorry, no dice...

Maybe if you passed me the puck once in a while instead of hogging it from me.... :0

WPoS

I do wonder how the Olympic ice will affect this game. Will this allow MN's talented and speedy forwards to work the young Sioux D?

Will the Sioux forwards find the room to work the struggling, and shorthanded Gopher D?

Or, will we see a lot of what sometimes happens on the frozen ocean....guys chasing the missed puck to New Brunswick?

I do wonder how the Olympic ice will affect this game. Will this allow MN's talented and speedy forwards to work the young Sioux D?

Will the Sioux forwards find the room to work the struggling, and shorthanded Gopher D?

Or, will we see a lot of what sometimes happens on the frozen ocean....guys chasing the missed puck to New Brunswick?

Sadly, likely choice 3...