Sioux and the 2006 NCAAs  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Where will the Sioux be seeded?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • Will not make the tournement
  2. 2. If the Sioux are not seeded #1 which potential #1 would you want to see in Grand Forks?

• Minnesota
    • Michigan
    • Colorado College
    • Miami of Ohio
    • An Eastern School
    • Other
  3. 3. How many WCHA teams will make the field of 16

OK so while the Fighting Sioux's record isn't outstanding, the PWR and KRACH seem high enough. In addition, we do have a fairly easy schedule the rest of the way.

I expect that the Sioux will make the tournement as a #2 seed and will host Minnesota as the #1 seed. I expect that 4 teams from the WCHA will make the tournement and will NOT be placed into 4 brackets as that would result in another all WCHA F4.

I also expect that the Sioux's play will improve relative to other teams as this season progresses.

I also must confess that the Poll tools are way cooler than they used to be and I wanted to play with them. :D

OK so while the Fighting Sioux's record isn't outstanding, the PWR and KRACH seem high enough. In addition, we do have a fairly easy schedule the rest of the way.

I expect that the Sioux will make the tournement as a #2 seed and will host Minnesota as the #1 seed. I expect that 4 teams from the WCHA will make the tournement and will NOT be placed into 4 brackets as that would result in another all WCHA F4.

I also expect that the Sioux's play will improve relative to other teams as this season progresses.

I also must confess that the Poll tools are way cooler than they used to be and I wanted to play with them. :D

UND would make the tourney if the selection was today.

Not love... Who we would most like to see. i.e. easiest road to Milwaukee... :D

I don't think Minnesota would appreciate the prospect of trying to win for a 4th strait time at the Ralph...

siouxnami will you be in g forks for the regionals??

Based on the reliable PWR calculator at SiouxSports.com, http://siouxsports.com/hockey/rankings/pwr_rpibonus.php, and assuming a 3-2-1 bonus,

here's how the field would look today:

1 Wisconsin

2 Miami

3 Colorado College

4 Minnesota

5 Michigan

6 St. Lawrence

7 Boston College

8 Ohio State

9 Harvard

10 North Dakota

11 Vermont

12 Michigan State

13 Boston University

14 Nebraska-Omaha

15 CHA lets say Bemidji for fun

16 AHA, say Mercyhurst

(Note - 5 CCHA teams (!), 4 WCHA, 3 Hockey East, 2 ECACHL, 1 CHA, 1 AHA. And that Denver doesn't get in... they are around #25 right now. Also, no Maine, and no New Hampshire.)

Let's place the #1 seeds, in order, closest to their home (none are hosting):

Wisconsin goes to Green Bay

Miami goes to Albany (which is, I think, closer than Grand Forks)

CC goes to the Ralph

Minnesota to Worcester

Then dropping the rest of the field straight into a 1 vs 16, 2 vs 15, etc (it will need adjustment in a minute):

Midwest

Wisconsin vs Mercyhurst

Ohio State vs Harvard

East

Miami vs Bemidji

BC vs UND (gotta fix that)

West

CC vs UNO

St Lawrence vs Vermont

Northeast

Minnesota vs Boston U (the host)

Michigan vs Michigan State

Final Field:

We have to move UND to Grand Forks, so let's just swap UND and Vermont. (Alternative would be to bring BC to Grand Forks, but I think they would keep BC out east to sell tickets.)

Don't like the Michigan - Michigan State first round game, but there's a CCHA team in each region already.

Midwest

(1) Wisconsin vs Mercyhurst

(8) Ohio State vs Harvard

East

(2) Miami vs Bemidji

(7) BC vs Vermont

West

(3) CC vs UNO

(6) St Lawrence vs UND

Northeast

(4) Minnesota vs Boston U (the host)

(5) Michigan vs Michigan State

==============================

Of course, this will probably be nothing like the actual, but it leads to some pretty intriguing matchups:

Wisconsin vs Ohio State ... INDOORS this time in Green Bay, just 5 weeks after their game at Lambeau.

Minnesota-BU, Michigan-Michigan State ... no problem getting attendance in Worcester this year.

Putting UND and CC in the same region guarantees no all-WCHA frozen four.

If the top seeds win, you get Minnesota vs Wisconsin in the national semis. (And if UND can spring a couple upsets, Miami vs UND in the other, afternoon semifinal. ??? but enough dreaming for now)

If the top seeds win, you get Minnesota vs Wisconsin in the national semis. (And if UND can spring a couple upsets, Miami vs UND in the other, afternoon semifinal. ??? but enough dreaming for now)

I don't recall the last time I considered a UND win an upset. It just doesn't work that way for you guys.

The BC game last year was surprising due the ease of the win, but there can't be that many west of the Great Lakes who were actually surprised.

I don't recall the last time I considered a UND win an upset. It just doesn't work that way for you guys.

The BC game last year was surprising due the ease of the win, but there can't be that many west of the Great Lakes who were actually surprised.

Ya, last year it wasn't a big shocker to come out of that East Regional. Maybe by the time March rolls around it won't be a surprise for UND to win the West either. Unless of course Minnesota is in the West. :lol:

If it were to work out that Minnesota gets BU and probably Michigan, that would be a pretty good draw for them. (Maybe better than playing at the Ralph?)

I supposed we now have to be Harvard, NH, and UMD fans. Also SCCC may also have a chance to be a TUC by the end of the season. (I really hope not, as their fairweather fans are now dormant). Note that being a fan does not extend to when the play the Sioux (DOGZ...).

Who else can help the Sioux?

I supposed we now have to be Harvard, NH, and UMD fans. Also SCCC may also have a chance to be a TUC by the end of the season. (I really hope not, as their fairweather fans are now dormant). Note that being a fan does not extend to when the play the Sioux (DOGZ...).

Who else can help the Sioux?

Anyone in the conference that we play four times (MN, Tech, UMD, SCSU, DU),

Nonconference opponents we played 2 games (add Bemidji) or TUC's that we beat (add Miami).

It would help us if Michigan State became unTUCed. (not likely).

Anyone in the conference that we play four times (MN, Tech, UMD, SCSU, DU),

Nonconference opponents we played 2 games (add Bemidji) or TUC's that we beat (add Miami).

It would help us if Michigan State became unTUCed. (not likely).

UND fans should root against Fairbanks, BC, DU, Mich State, Harvard and SCSU. These are comparisons that UND is currently losing or comparisons that are VERY close right now.

UND is not in bad position and if they can play over 0.500 hockey to close the season I think they will be a tourney team relatively easily.