Sioux and the 2006 NCAAs  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Where will the Sioux be seeded?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • Will not make the tournement
  2. 2. If the Sioux are not seeded #1 which potential #1 would you want to see in Grand Forks?

• Minnesota
    • Michigan
    • Colorado College
    • Miami of Ohio
    • An Eastern School
    • Other
  3. 3. How many WCHA teams will make the field of 16

If it were to work out that Minnesota gets BU and probably Michigan, that would be a pretty good draw for them. (Maybe better than playing at the Ralph?)

Right now I'd just like to see the Gophers finish 2nd or 3rd in the league and make the Final Five championship game. That would likely be enough to be a #1 seed. I don't see a great advantage going to the east or to the west. It's still going to be a tough quarter final no matter how you slice it.

My biggest fear the Gophers and UND both finish as 2/3 seeds and the Gophers get sent to Green Bay. I don't like the idea of having a tough 1st round game then facing the Badgers.

We will know alot more about how good the Gophers are after this weekend. I'm guessing the winner of the season series between the Gophers and CC will be the #1 in GF.

now remember UND fans, no more bi-oching about "home" ice after this year! :silly:

WPoS

Why not?

It's not like the NCAAs will return to the REA any time soon but that XCel Energy Center is mighty fine (which it is)....

XCel Energy Center will host the regionals 90 percent of the time in the future unless Milwaukee bids for it. Or are there any other "neutral" sites?

My biggest fear the Gophers and UND both finish as 2/3 seeds and the Gophers get sent to Green Bay. I don't like the idea of having a tough 1st round game then facing the Badgers.

We will know alot more about how good the Gophers are after this weekend. I'm guessing the winner of the season series between the Gophers and CC will be the #1 in GF.

That would really suck, not. I kind of like it.

I feel so dirty but I might have to be a big gopher fan this weekend too. Regardless of how it affects our RPI/PWR ratings, a gopher sweep could really really help the Sioux in the WCHA standings.

I know the old saying about ifs, ands and buts BUT should the gophers sweep this weekend AND the Sioux take care of business at home against Mankato and SCSU, the Sioux will be positioned with a very reasonable chance to finish 3rd in the WCHA.

I'm not going to get into all of the things that need to happen, people can play with the WHAT IF tool for themselves. But looking at how Denver is currently struggling, if the above scenario was to play out, the Sioux COULD get to 3rd. And that makes the Final Five THAT much more fun. It gives us a better first round playoff opponent, and assuming we make the Five, it removes the chance of playing 3 games in 3 days like last year, a week before regionals. I'd rather avoid that if possible.