SiouxSports.com Forum

The Forgotten name

HEXTALL

The biggest names we heard about all pre-season were 1.) Kessel 2.) Towes 3.) J.Johnson 4.) Skille 5.) Lee 6.) Niskanen etc....

But, being a Gopher fan I will have to say the one that did not get much hype in my opinion was T.J.Oshie. This kid has been a great surprise for everyone to watch. If you can get past the heated rivalry, he has, at least in my opinion, played the best of any freshman in the country.

I know that is a surprise, but, that is how this Gopher fan sees it so far. I got to see him play in several Minnesota High School games the last two years, and knew he was a stud but I never thought he would shine this bright in College hockey this early.

As for the rest of the big names that got the early hype they have played well and early grades for them would be:

Kessel - B+

Toews - B

J.Johnson - A-

Lee - B+

Niskanen - B

As for the big man himself:

T.J OSHIE gets an A+

At least this far into the season...

Well, that is it for now but feel free to bash my views. Like I said, this is a Gopher fan's view and I may be way off, but this my version of how things are in college hockey right now.......

As for the rest of the big names that got the early hype they have played well and early grades for them would be:

Kessel - B+

Toews - B

J.Johnson - A-

Lee - B+

Niskanen - B

T.J OSHIE gets an A+

I agree with your opinion. Oshie may not have as many points as other freshmen, but he works his butt off every shift to create chances for himself or his linemates. And he one of the best players that I have ever seen at forcing the other team to take penalties. I would love to see him get WCHA ROTY to reward him for all his hard work.

My grades would pan out like this: Kessel: A-, Toews: B+, JJohnson: A, Lee: A-, Niskanen: B, Oshie: A+, Gergen: B+, Raymond: A-

I agree with your opinion. Oshie may not have as many points as other freshmen, but he works his butt off every shift to create chances for himself or his linemates. And he one of the best players that I have ever seen at forcing the other team to take penalties. I would love to see him get WCHA ROTY to reward him for all his hard work.

My grades would pan out like this: Kessel: A-, Toews: B+, JJohnson: A, Lee: A-, Niskanen: B, Oshie: A+, Gergen: B+, Raymond: A-

Raymond really has been a pleasant surprise. I really have to say at this point Kozak has yet to perform as expected, but the year is young.

I must be in the twilight zone. This is the second time today that I've heard from a Gopher fan that Oshie is the best freshman.

Maybe. sagard has been complimentary of the Sioux players all year long though... So I'd say he doesn't count.

You know, sagard's a closet Sioux fan anyways. :lol: (I bring it up a lot because you know it is true, sagard)

My sources are, in fact, confirming this... :lol:

siouxnami, did you see your twin that has signed up on this board with the name TSIOUXNAMI?? i gave her a hard time about copying your name all in good fun of course :lol:

The biggest names we heard about all pre-season were 1.) Kessel 2.) Towes 3.) J.Johnson 4.) Skille 5.) Lee 6.) Niskanen etc....

But, being a Gopher fan I will have to say the one that did not get much hype in my opinion was T.J.Oshie. This kid has been a great surprise for everyone to watch. If you can get past the heated rivalry, he has, at least in my opinion, played the best of any freshman in the country.

I know that is a surprise, but, that is how this Gopher fan sees it so far. I got to see him play in several Minnesota High School games the last two years, and knew he was a stud but I never thought he would shine this bright in College hockey this early.

Kessel - B+

Toews - B

J.Johnson - A-

Lee - B+

Niskanen - B

T.J OSHIE gets an A+

At least this far into the season...

Well, that is it for now but feel free to bash my views. Like I said, this is a Gopher fan's view and I may be way off, but this my version of how things are in college hockey right now.......

Toews just has 3 World Championship Gold Medals hanging in his bedroom. He just wins.

siouxnami, did you see your twin that has signed up on this board with the name TSIOUXNAMI?? i gave her a hard time about copying your name all in good fun of course :lol:

Hey, I resemble that!! :lol: Sorry SIOUXNAMI, didn't know there was another one out there. I guess great minds think alike? Or at least, maybe crazy hockey people?

Maybe. sagard has been complimentary of the Sioux players all year long though... So I'd say he doesn't count.

You know, sagard's a closet Sioux fan anyways. :lol: (I bring it up a lot because you know it is true, sagard)

Confirmed. :lol:

Actually, sagard is simply a huge fan of the game who also happens to be a Gopher fan. These are the guys who are the most fun to talk hockey with (whether they are a Sioux, Gopher, Badger (poor bastiches), Terrier, Black Bear, etc. etc. etc fan) because the simply love the game.

That being said I'm very disappointed I wont be able to attend either UND game next weekend so I won't get to see the UND freshman class in person.

OK ..........whats the catch :lol:

But I agree that Oshie is the Man so far ;)

I did say Kessel was very good after seeing him here & he does have alot of pressure on him - if he had the same drive as Oshie he could be A+ too :lol:

It should be a good second half :D