SiouxSports.com Forum

Chip On Shoulder

Taz Boy

Chorney's chest pop was done in retaliation to Irman's and on his home ice. As such, it makes it acceptable and, in fact, honorable. Irman, on the other hand, remains a classless punk.

Can you tell I work in the legal department for the NCAA. Tell me how you want something interpreted and I'll find a way to do it. ;)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is his explanation as quoted in The Herald:

Whatever. I'll just chalk it up to immaturity on his part. Or being old-fashioned on my part.

And because it's just a matter of time before Gopher fans arrive and start talking about Jason Blake, I'll beat them to the punch. I don't ever recall him popping his jersey, but I'm sure he did something similar back in his UND days. Everyone I talked to that met Blaker told me he was an arrogant jerk. So saying Blake did it too, doesn't mean much to me.

(And I'm not going to even mention Hauser flicking off the UND bench in the 2002 wcha playoffs. Oops, I just did. ;) )

And I'm sure we'll learn about all of the classless acts ever committed by Sioux players against the Gophers now. That's fine. But until I hear otherwise, I'll just assume there are none. :0

To be fair, I thought the same about the Maine player shushing the crowd in the 2002 NC game. For Sioux fans that thought that was a cool move, you probably shouldn't be posting in this thread. Fortunately for that Gopher team, they made him eat humble pie by the end of the game. Unfortunately for the Sioux, they couldn't do the same to Irmen last night.

To me it wasn't so much the antics of Irmen, but the fact that no Sioux player seemed to have the cajones to go "George Teague" on him for it.

It's been mentioned in another thread that the Gophers "wanted it more". I believe that to be the case and it is extremely disappointing as a Sioux fan. Friday night the guys came out not ready to play. The captain had one of his worst games as a Sioux after playing so solid at the end of the year last year.

It also seems like Stafford reads the paper WAY too much. Sure, he's leading the team in goals, but almost 1/2 were in only two games. I don't know what it is, obviously, but we NEED him to play with HEART every shift. If he does that, he is a dominant player. If not, like everyone else he's a non-factor. We've been saying "If only he played like he did at the World Jrs." for far too long.

The recurring theme on the radio all last week and before the games both nights was that each team needed it's veterans to step up and that they were going to make the difference in the games. Checking boxscores certainly tells the tale of that.

As for the questioning of the pre-draft ranking of Toews, I'll give something to ponder. How many times did anyone notice Blake Wheeler on the ice this weekend? The NHL draft is speculative as hell. If the scouts are talking these guys up, its because they are good. Can't judge a whole lot based on one weekend, or even 12 games. FWIW, I thought Toews had a great weekend. Just snakebit on the score sheet.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10428407?GT1=7516

NYC opens Rodent Control Academy

Goal is to train city workers to combat vermin

""...opened the Rodent Control Academy, an insitution of higher learning about vermin that scurry around in low places.""

After the sweep this week end, maybe our guys can take the online course. :0

Edited by Sioux-cia

I did not want this thread to become a Potulny/Irmen smear fest. My apologies. It's great to see them have success at this level, even if it is with the Goofs. :0 Both families must be very proud at the outstanding performance of these two this weekend. Their juices were flowing and they were able to get the best of it. Like Irmen said, it doesn't always go that way so you take it as it comes. I'm very cool with that.

After reading the explanation in the Hurled re: Irmen taking heat in the box and then popping his jersey to the same rubes in the student section, this makes much more sense to me. This was exactly the explanation I was looking for with this thread. I still maintain that the interviews and articles constantly referring to these guys not being Sioux and all that is rather silly. They didn't get the love they wanted from Blais, and now they got their dream weekend in front of the home town. Let's hope it's over. They are Gophers. Period.

By the way, I'm sure some of you are looking for equal criticism from me of Chorney, who apparently did a similar gesture last night... right. Let's be clear-- He is Sioux, and therefore perfect.

taz not diggin the sweep

the thing I don't understand is "what went wrong?" Jay Potulny is a UND letterwinner...was he pissed his kid (Grant) didn't get a red carpet invite to UND? (I think Deano DID make a historical mistake not looking at him harder)

You know the brother is going to follow....so why has this whole thing been a mystery? Grant gets blown off by UND - goes to UM and has a hell of a career...Ryan follows...who could blame him? He's certainly produced in his games at UND - put up or shut up I guess! Irmen obviously has a thing for Ryan :0 and followed him...all you need is LOVE!

I really find it ironic with Wooger in the booth that the ND players have MADE THE DFFERENCE for the GOOFS the last few years when they've won...you'd think he'd be close to giving Hoeven an open mouth kiss because ND has been SO GOOD to MN the last couple years ;)

One jersey-pop means the entire team is classless? The player himself? For Parise sake.

Not classless, but not as classy as I had hoped. I figured Hak might have told his players not to sink to that level, but apparently he did not. But I suppose he has much bigger things to worry about.

Irmen explained his actions by saying the crowd was all over him while he was in the box. I think Chorney's goal came after Irmen scored on Saturday and was immediately sent to the box, I think for UC. What we don't know is what Irmen said that caused that. Possibly Chorney was responding to Irmen's comments.

While I didn't mind what Irmen did on Friday, I preferred NOT to see a Sioux player do that on Saturday, especially in a losing effort. A spontaneous display is one thing but I don't care for a proliferation of it.

Jay Potulny is a UND letterwinner...

As much as Jay "Superstar" likes to point that out, his goal while at school was to get a lettermen's jacket. He was the 6th man on a 6 man freshmen BB team (the handle Superstar came from that and makes me laugh yet when I think about it). He finally got his jacket by playing baseball for an awful Sioux baseball team. Nearly anyone who had played Legion baseball could have played for that team.

basically, as someone else stated, these are college kids, playing an emotional game, they will do things like that. Comparing them and that type of behaviour to pro sport "atheletes" is kind of a stretch, not like the players think and plan their "move" like you KNOW footbal players do...whether you find it classless or classy, deal with it and move on, its going to happen with EVERY team at some point....

WPoS

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It never ceases to amaze how these idiot goopher fans show up after a big win and spew their crap. "Grow up, stop whining, lose with some class and dignity, blah blah blah". Again when people start blasting them they cry, you know what, you aren't going to get any sympathy here, get it through your thick heads, THIS IS A SIOUX MESSAGE BOARD, how many damn times will it take for you guys to understand that. I'm smart enough not to go over to g. puke live and start making dumb statements like Irmen's a turd, ect. ect. and not to expect some heat for it. If you don't want people to slam stay over on g. puke live and gloat with fellow fans. As for Irmen, all I can say is I feel sorry for him when he goes to the next level. If he continues his antics and "dirty play", I'm guessing he'll end up like another goopher idiot, Taffe, we all saw the pictures of him with his face beat in. Take a good look at that Danny, that's your future. As far as anyone crying over the fact that Danny and Ry-Ry aren't wearing a Sioux jersey, so what. I'm happy that they found a home at the U. A for the jersey popping and Irmen justifyng it by saying the fans were riding me when I was in the box, please, what do you expect Danny, champagne and roses. If you have to act like that after a little ribbing from the OPPOSING CROWD, well let's just say you have the chip on your shoulder. Sorry for the rant but this stuff plain makes me sick.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It never ceases to amaze how these idiot goopher fans show up after a big win and spew their crap. "Grow up, stop whining, lose with some class and dignity, blah blah blah". Again when people start blasting them they cry, you know what, you aren't going to get any sympathy here, get it through your thick heads, THIS IS A SIOUX MESSAGE BOARD, how many damn times will it take for you guys to understand that. I'm smart enough not to go over to g. puke live and start making dumb statements like Irmen's a turd, ect. ect. and not to expect some heat for it. If you don't want people to slam stay over on g. puke live and gloat with fellow fans. As for Irmen, all I can say is I feel sorry for him when he goes to the next level. If he continues his antics and "dirty play", I'm guessing he'll end up like another goopher idiot, Taffe, we all saw the pictures of him with his face beat in. Take a good look at that Danny, that's your future. As far as anyone crying over the fact that Danny and Ry-Ry aren't wearing a Sioux jersey, so what. I'm happy that they found a home at the U. A for the jersey popping and Irmen justifyng it by saying the fans were riding me when I was in the box, please, what do you expect Danny, champagne and roses. If you have to act like that after a little ribbing from the OPPOSING CROWD, well let's just say you have the chip on your shoulder. Sorry for the rant but this stuff plain makes me sick.

Well said :0 You have to be happy with the way Oshie played last weekend. With all the Towes-Kessel hype he was the best freshman on the ice.

Both teams played well, the Gophers played better. Irmen's antics were classless, Chorney sunk down to their level.

Yes, there are idiot Gopher fans that come on this board and gloat and that is wrong, but keep in mind there are Sioux fans that come on the Gopher message board and gloat when they win. Last year at the Frozen Four after the Sioux beat the Gophers, Sioux fans were heckling Gopher fans bad outside the arena.. We just have to face it that ALL programs have their idiots. I agree with you that Irman does get too emotional at times, but to call him a dirty player is a allittle much. He did take a run at Prpich but he did not check him into the boards from behind he was a few feet from the boards. He was charged with "charging" not checking from behind. To label him "DIRTY" You must have watched him play before, I'm curious what other "Dirty" Plays has he committed in his career..

hockey1, your brown and yelow jersey must not fit all the way over you inflated head, and it's blocking your vision. Just watch Irmen play, yeah he's a lot like prphc, the only diffence is Prphc doesn't have to gloat about it, that type of arrogance is what is going to cause him problems, down the road aka taffe. Another little side note, I'm also happy for the Potulny's and Irmen's that they are proud of their sons, good for them.

Last year at the Frozen Four after the Sioux beat the Gophers, Sioux fans were heckling Gopher fans bad outside the arena.. We just have to face it that ALL programs have their idiots.

Two way street, hockey1. Last year, as I waited outside the OSU arena waiting for my bus to arrive, I was taunted by Gopher fans shouting "Sioux still suck" and "I hope you get your a**es kicked Saturday night." I shook my head and said "always classy Gopher fans" and walked away. Two way street my friend, two way street.

Two way street, hockey1. Last year, as I waited outside the OSU arena waiting for my bus to arrive, I was taunted by Gopher fans shouting "Sioux still suck" and "I hope you get your a**es kicked Saturday night." I shook my head and said "always classy Gopher fans" and walked away. Two way street my friend, two way street.

I was cheering for the WCHA school. ;)

BTW - I wasn't in Cowlumbus, otherwise we would have been buying each other beers....or at least you'd been buying for me if we had run into each other. :0

It was a great weekend of hockey for both teams and very entertaining to watch. Great passes, rushes up the ice, saves, and some chippyness....this weekend had a little of everything.

hockey1, your brown and yelow jersey must not fit all the way over you inflated head, and it's blocking your vision. Just watch Irmen play, yeah he's a lot like prphc, the only diffence is Prphc doesn't have to gloat about it, that type of arrogance is what is going to cause him problems, down the road aka taffe. Another little side note, I'm also happy for the Potulny's and Irmen's that they are proud of their sons, good for them.

I have watched him play(almost every home and away game for three years) and this is the first time I have seen him do the Jersey popping. What he did was wrong and I agree with you but to call him 'Dirty'

is questionable. As for Prpich I guess you didn't see his speering on Harrington? I suppose you don't think that is Dirty. I'm still waiting for the examples of Irmans Dirty plays?

Your right Mafia, it is a two way street. Like I said Every program has there Good and Bad fans.

Well, there this is the problem. I know and I admit that Prpch invi=olves himself in extracurricular, and after-the-whistle type stuff. I won't deny it. At times it has hurt our team. However, you claim to have watched all of these games and still refuse to admit that irmen does the same, in that case you're nothing but a non-credible goopher puke that is in denial. But just so you feel all warm and fuzzy coming on our board and trying to convince about irmens squeaky clean image, I guess I'll just agree with you and maybe you'll shut up and go away. So here we go, danny is a perfect choirboy, damn I wish he played for us. There are you happy now ?

I was cheering for the WCHA school. ;)

BTW - I wasn't in Cowlumbus, otherwise we would have been buying each other beers....or at least you'd been buying for me if we had run into each other. :0

You're not still upset with me 'cuz I was on your big-screen at Mariucci, are you?

Contrary to most opinions I'm reading...I'm pretty confident for this season to be a good one especially taking a look at what we did last year in an similar situation albeit not losing 5 straight at home. I don't know about most but I can stomach a pair of very close 4-3 losses a bit more than a 6-0 blowout.