SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey Showcase

dj_hoime

What did they do, go to the Crazy Horse after the game (for those of you not familiar with Anchorage, that's a pretty good strip club)???

I'm not sure. However, Curry is from Alaska so I'm guessing there were some hijinks. I'll see if the Penalty Box has more info, but it's hard to sift through all the negativity and whining...

But if we can win 9-1 without them, suspend them for the rest of the season (except Curry b.c I like him). Although, it was Yale...

The Penalty Box says they missed curfew. Who knows where they were, moose tipping maybe.

Edited by Runninwiththedogs

Um, what? ???

I'm going to agree with Slap Shot here...I actually thought that Michigan's 3rd goal was a gift as the last two penalties that were called seemed a little questionable to me...

Minny's PP played very well. Michigan's PK didn't suck, they just made 5 mistakes...and the Gophers capitalized...on all 5.

Watched the Gophers - State game on TV.

Gotta give State a lot of credit, they gave a textbook example of how to beat the Gophers:

1) Position - numbers behind the puck, hustle back on transitions, force the MN cycling on offense into the corners.

2) Kill penalties situationally - don't get caught high (the D aren't going to beat you but the forwards will kill you), if you pressure the points do it selectively (especially Atherton)

3) Stay out of the penalty box. Duh.

4) Cycle the puck, pressure the D in their own zone, make them make plays and they will make mistakes.

Bottom line - Minnesota's forwards are as good as you'll see in college hockey (at least the top 3 lines) but the defense can be beaten.

Despite the scoreboard - tie game - Minnesota only got two fluke goals to show for it.

This weekend helped confirm what we all suspected that Bucky is the team to beat. Each WCHA team that has won the NCAA the past several years has had a solid D that plays mistake free hockey and keeps them in a close game. At the moment they are that team. Also, even though I place him in the typical Eaves dirty player category, Burrish is an incredible shot blocker. Our young players will have to develop their games quickly if we hope to challenge them at the end of the season.

This weekend helped confirm what we all suspected that Bucky is the team to beat. Each WCHA team that has won the NCAA the past several years has had a solid D that plays mistake free hockey and keeps them in a close game. At the moment they are that team. Also, even though I place him in the typical Eaves dirty player category, Burrish is an incredible shot blocker. Our young players will have to develop their games quickly if we hope to challenge them at the end of the season.

Last year at this time it was the Gophers that were playing solid hockey (including the D) and were #1 until around Jan 1st. A year ago the Sioux looked terrible and some on this board were calling for Hakstol's head. We all remember how that turned out. Denver had a mediocre start last year and they ended up pretty good.

I would agree with your assessment that Bucky is the team to beat for now, but that can change in a hurry. Both the Gophers and UND are very young and very talented. By the end of the year they both will be tough outs in any tournament. Personally, I can't trust Bucky until they start winning in the post-season. That said, it's early and I think Bucky gets at least a split at Mecca next weekend. I hope I'm wrong.

Burish is a hack. He put a cheap shot on a CC player during their series that was every bit as chickenshit and gutless as the hit Punkabitch put on Bina. Claims he was protecting Roberta Earl when he blindsided the guy with 3 seconds left. The CC player was lost for the season with knee injury and Burish gets nothing.

If past history holds true, the Badgers won't be in Milwaukee come April.

Burish is a hack. He put a cheap shot on a CC player during their series that was every bit as chickenshit and gutless as the hit Punkabitch put on Bina. Claims he was protecting Roberta Earl when he blindsided the guy with 3 seconds left. The CC player was lost for the season with knee injury and Burish gets nothing.

If past history holds true, the Badgers won't be in Milwaukee come April.

Damn Straight there WiseOne. Karma is a strange and sometimes wonderful thing.

The Badgers will have a great regular season, and then take an early exit in the post season.

Who was the CC player?

Damn Straight there WiseOne. Karma is a strange and sometimes wonderful thing.

The Badgers will have a great regular season, and then take an early exit in the post season.

Who was the CC player?

Thauwald.

This marks the second straight season he was knocked out for the season with a torn ACL. Talk about terrible luck.

And the Michigan "would have" post wasn't meant to be confused with the fact that Minnesota deserved to win. They did and they did handily. I turned to my father who remarked at the score with 15 min left in the 3rd period and said "This game is over. Michigan just isn't playing very well." I was using that for the only reason to emphasize how important it is to stay out of the box against Minnesota. That's it.

looks like Kessel who has 21 pts is on fire and shows no sign of cooling off thats more than I can say about Toews who has what 8 pts!!!!!! that says it all........

Just like the word "TROLL" says it all for you?

Go away.

Don't worry though. All I'll see from this post onwards is:

CATGREATB is on your ignore list.