SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie is WCHA Co-Rookie of the Week

PCM

I am impressed with the grit TJ displays he can dig in the corners and throw a check very well for his size. Very solid on his skates, I think that is a big factor why he ended up going in the first round as well as his offensive skills.

For what it's worth (not a heck of alot), I was VERY impressed with his ability to make plays happen. That pass on Saturday night was fantastic - threaded thru traffic directly on the stick while FLYING down the ice. It was also extremely unselfish...I'm sure the scouts in attendance (I understand there were several) were also very impressed...

Good to see the Sioux getting a few nods...

Thetriouper, You were totally right about TJ. I knew he had the Talent and that he would be a great player because he is so smart and he works so hard, but I didn't expect him to have this kind of impact until next year.

You kept talking him up, I started thinking that you were his dad. But you were right.

Like I said before, not related to TJ in any way, shape or form. I'm just a fan of good solid blue collar type hockey players. I have, however followed him for the last three years, when he was an unknown commodity until he stepped on the ice at the MN state tourney three years ago. I knew he would be a great player and I'm glad we got the steal of the recruiting class and got him here. Just like St. Louis went and stole him in the NHL draft. Best of luck, and keep up the great work TJ.

T.J. is definitely a sight to behold but I have to give kudos to our other fresheman as well. I believe we have the best freshman in the country and God (or the NHL) willing they'll be around long enough for the Fighting Sioux hockey program to benefit from the awesome talent of these fantastic hockey players.

Amen to all of that, Sioux-cia. Just enjoy these guys and what they bring to the team, because some of them may not be here long. They are all hard workers, and know how to win, there's no media-darlings in the bunch, in fact I can't wait until Mr. Press conference himself rolls into the Ralph, he'll be leaving with his tai tucked between his legs, licking his wounds.

still in the cities about to head back to az and got to watch oshie live last weekend. all around very impressive. he was throwing his body around on most plays as well as setting up eveyone on many goals..very fun to watch him along with all of the other freshaman...great to watch the sioux live at the ralph again!!!

T.J. is definitely a sight to behold but I have to give kudos to our other fresheman as well.  I believe we have the best freshman in the country and God (or the NHL) willing they'll be around long enough for the Fighting Sioux hockey program to benefit from the awesome talent of these fantastic hockey players.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope so. I didn't like sitting around at Peppers in Fargo with a guy who claimed to be a UND fan who said "I don't know why they recruit these guys like Toews, Oshie, Stafford, Zajac and all. They don't stay four years! I'd rather have guys that stay four years than them!"

UND wants to be another MSUM, SCSU, or MTU! :D