SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerome Beasley

UND Fan

While I'm unsure of how accurate this information is, it did come straight from Jerome's mouth. He's been in town most of the summer running camps and running with the men's team(with the exception of his stint on the Men's World Juniors Team). Back in July he had said something about working on a deal with the Phoenix Suns...I'm not sure what's happened with that being as he's been in the area since. I'd love to see him in an NBA uniform again soon...Hopefully that's of some help. :D

• 11 months later...
What I don't understand is why this story is being published on 10/2/06, when in the article it says that the incident occurred sometime in February 2005. Something is loopy about this article. Or I am mis-reading it.

I might be wrong, but I think the Argus Leader is doing a series on racism/racial issues in Sioux Falls/South Dakota.

What is the deal with that??? Nothing like continuing to keep dragging him and his name thru the mud!! Give it up Argus Leader...journalists....I spoke to Rome today....he said he is working on some things in the NBA...trying to see if he can land a deal, if not he will go to Bismark and play where he played last year...

What is the deal with that??? Nothing like continuing to keep dragging him and his name thru the mud!! Give it up Argus Leader...journalists....I spoke to Rome today....he said he is working on some things in the NBA...trying to see if he can land a deal, if not he will go to Bismark and play where he played last year...

Stop apologizing for him. He deserves to have his name dragged through the mud for choking a girl and pushing around her 50+ year old dad. Alot of people have been provoked or had too much to drink but they didn't end their night by choking and throwing around women. Maybe he is auditioning for a spot on the Portland Jailblazers team. Once again, how nice of a person can you be if you are capable of such an action?

Stop apologizing for him. He deserves to have his name dragged through the mud for choking a girl and pushing around her 50+ year old dad. Alot of people have been provoked or had too much to drink but they didn't end their night by choking and throwing around women. Maybe he is auditioning for a spot on the Portland Jailblazers team. Once again, how nice of a person can you be if you are capable of such an action?

I not saying anything about what he did, but you should probably get off your high horse. I am sure you have never in you life, lost your cool in a situation. I am also guessing you probably don't have to deal with the crap he has to either. I think what he did was wrong, but they people that making the comments deserve a lot more than what they got.

I not saying anything about what he did, but you should probably get off your high horse. I am sure you have never in you life, lost your cool in a situation. I am also guessing you probably don't have to deal with the crap he has to either. I think what he did was wrong, but they people that making the comments deserve a lot more than what they got.

#1 Actually, I have never lost my cool to the point of hitting a woman so I am staying on that high horse.

#2 If I do lose my cool, it won't be because someone told me that I could use another beer. The lady he attacked reportedly wasn't even the one making racial comments. In my opinion, the only excuse for losing you cool and physically going after someone is if your family or loved ones are in immediate danger.

It was a bad incident, hopefully it doesn't happen again. He should be able to eat at a restaurant without hearing racist comments. That being said, a 25 year old woman should also be able to have a meal at that same restaurant with her family without fear of physical violence. There is no excuse/rationalization for what he did.

#1 Actually, I have never lost my cool to the point of hitting a woman so I am staying on that high horse.

#2 If I do lose my cool, it won't be because someone told me that I could use another beer. The lady he attacked reportedly wasn't even the one making racial comments. In my opinion, the only excuse for losing you cool and physically going after someone is if your family or loved ones are in immediate danger.

It was a bad incident, hopefully it doesn't happen again. He should be able to eat at a restaurant without hearing racist comments. That being said, a 25 year old woman should also be able to have a meal at that same restaurant with her family without fear of physical violence. There is no excuse/rationalization for what he did.

You are assuming it has been reported accuratly, which almost nothing is any more. Like I said I don't condone his actions, but if they made racist comments toward him I can understand why he might go off. You aren't in his situation so you truely don't know how you would react.

You are assuming it has been reported accuratly, which almost nothing is any more. Like I said I don't condone his actions, but if they made racist comments toward him I can understand why he might go off. You aren't in his situation so you truely don't know how you would react.

I do know that I wouldn't physically go after a woman.

I do know that I wouldn't physically go after a woman.

Are you black? and had racial slurs spat at you thoughout your life? I can't identify with him well enough to know exactly what I would do, but a person shouldn't be able to hide behind there gender. If you were pushed far enough to strike a man, why not a woman? Who knows for certain until put in the situation.

Are you black? and had racial slurs spat at you thoughout your life? I can't identify with him well enough to know exactly what I would do, but a person shouldn't be able to hide behind there gender. If you were pushed far enough to strike a man, why not a woman? Who knows for certain until put in the situation.

Wow am I surprised at the number of people sticking up for JB. At what point then in in your logic would JB have crossed the line of wrong-doing? Apparently you are saying it is ok to hit a female (or male for that matter).

Regardless of what was said to him, JB needs to be accountable for his actions - it would have made a lot more sense for him to just walk away and take the high ground. He choose not to and take matters into his own hands, therefore he should take responsibility for his actions.

Wow am I surprised at the number of people sticking up for JB. At what point then in in your logic would JB have crossed the line of wrong-doing? Apparently you are saying it is ok to hit a female (or male for that matter).

Regardless of what was said to him, JB needs to be accountable for his actions - it would have made a lot more sense for him to just walk away and take the high ground. He choose not to and take matters into his own hands, therefore he should take responsibility for his actions.

I don't think sticking up for JB means that people are condoning violence. Remember, in the article we're basically hearing one side of the story. I'm not sure how closely people actually read this article, but I just read it again, and it appears that JB's female companions and the alleged victim were the first to actually fight. Exactly who threw the first punch is unclear given we only have the alleged victim's side of the story. However, let's say for the sake of argument that in JB's eyes, this woman who supposedly was using racial epithets towards him was now fighting with his female friends. Is it still completely unacceptable to use violence in this circumstance, i.e. if you see somebody fighting with family or friends? I think it's a valid question. I don't think JB used good judgment, but I think there are some extenuating circumstances here that make things more complicated than they may appear at first. JB has no history of being violent as far as I know. I'm not going to throw him under the bus for this, at least not without hearing his side of the story.

I don't think sticking up for JB means that people are condoning violence. Remember, in the article we're basically hearing one side of the story. I'm not sure how closely people actually read this article, but I just read it again, and it appears that JB's female companions and the alleged victim were the first to actually fight. Exactly who threw the first punch is unclear given we only have the alleged victim's side of the story. However, let's say for the sake of argument that in JB's eyes, this woman who supposedly was using racial epithets towards him was now fighting with his female friends. Is it still completely unacceptable to use violence in this circumstance, i.e. if you see somebody fighting with family or friends? I think it's a valid question. I don't think JB used good judgment, but I think there are some extenuating circumstances here that make things more complicated than they may appear at first. JB has no history of being violent as far as I know. I'm not going to throw him under the bus for this, at least not without hearing his side of the story.

Good post and I understand your logic. My only point is that people need to be accountable for their actions/conduct. In fairness to JB, the Bogus Reader (Argus Leader) is notorious for running with one side of the story and not getting a complete picture.

So using your logic, if I walk into a restaurant where the majority of the people happen to be black, and one table starts calling me a racial slur, I am justified to walk up to a completely separate woman, that has not called me anything, and strike her? This is not an issue of color, it is an issue of violence against women. When people like yourself continue to make excuses or rationalizations for it, it keeps building into worse and worse crimes.

You bring up a good point if that is in fact what happened. My only question is that the article makes it sound like JB went after a woman that was not one of the people using racial slurs. I also question if a 25 year old woman would start a fight with two girls while out to eat with her father. I suppoe anything is possible, but it doesn't seem likely.