SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Chris had a nice writeup of some of the best players he saw last weekend at the NAHL/Midget Showcase. I'm not as interested in the NAHL players, but it is nice to see who some of the best AAA players in the nation are. You can read the write up here,

http://www.westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com/

With some seasoning in the NAHL/USHL, I think Sam Carr from Roseau/Fargo-Moorhead Jets could be a solid WCHA D-man. He had a very good state tourny - I thought he played just as well as Stejskal from GR who went to Dartmouth.

Chris Connelly, a former FM Jet the past 2 years, who is now playing for the Omaha Lancers and is the 2nd leading scorer in the league, has given a verbal to Boston University. You may recall that there was some discussion about his brother Jack committing to UMD. This appears on Chris Dilks WCHA/CCHA blog. There is a link to it in Brad Schlossman's blog.

Of Interest to the Sioux

Prospective Recruits:

1 Fargo Nate Schmidt D St. Cloud Cathedral H.S.

7 Des Moines Buccaneers Nick Leddy D Eden Prairie H.S.

44 Green Bay Gamblers Zach Budish F Edina H.S.

63 Lincoln Stars Matt Bruneteau D Shattuck St. Mary's

76 Chicago Steel Alex Simonson F Grand Forks Central H.S.

84 Green Bay Gamblers Anders Lee F Edina H.S.

Committed Recruits:

57 Omaha Lancers Danny Mattson F Holy Angels Academy

65 Indiana Ice Cory Fienhage D Eastview H.S.

I was recently informed that there will be some recruiting done in some non-traditional hockey areas (aka outside of western canada and minnesota) for 2009 and 2010. This is probably due to the lack of depth in these areas (specifically Minnesota) for some of these years. There are some kids out west that I believe are being looked at. This isn't to say that they will commit here or that it will comprise a chunk of the team, but there will be some scouting/recruiting done in those areas.

I was recently informed that there will be some recruiting done in some non-traditional hockey areas (aka outside of western canada and minnesota) for 2009 and 2010. This is probably due to the lack of depth in these areas (specifically Minnesota) for some of these years. There are some kids out west that I believe are being looked at. This isn't to say that they will commit here or that it will comprise a chunk of the team, but there will be some scouting/recruiting done in those areas.

thats great. some teams and fans have problems with doing that. i think thats halarious. if a kid is top d-1 talent who gives a ratz azz where hes from. bring em in and let them lace em up

thanks for the insight, usa.

Anyone know anything about his Dakota Collins that plays for the FM Jets. Not I bad size for a 16 year old. 6' and 165lbs.

I heard he's pretty good.

He's also from Arizona, som AZSioux might know something about him.

WCH Blog (Chris) may also know something about him as well.

I heard he's pretty good.

He's also from Arizona, som AZSioux might know something about him.

WCH Blog (Chris) may also know something about him as well.

ive heard the name but not much else..... hell, just because of his first name he should play for the sioux if hes got the skills

NOW SCORING FOR NORTH DAKOTA..............DAKOTA WITH HIS 8TH GOAL OF THE YEAR :huh:

Anyone know anything about his Dakota Collins that plays for the FM Jets. Not I bad size for a 16 year old. 6' and 165lbs.

His brother Dusty topped out at 6-3 210 lbs, though he never did much in college.

He's kind of out of place in the NAHL. That's a league where there isn't a ton of skill, but most everyone is older and pretty strong. Collins is the opposite. He's skilled, but not very strong yet. It's pretty rare for a kid that young to be playing forward in that league. I think he'll be a player to watch in the future, but I wouldn't expect much from him this year.

ive heard the name but not much else..... hell, just because of his first name he should play for the sioux if hes got the skills

NOW SCORING FOR NORTH DAKOTA..............DAKOTA WITH HIS 8TH GOAL OF THE YEAR ;)

The NC$$ will never allow him to play at the college level since his name is hostile and abusive! :huh:

hopefully und and scsu, but im thinking um instead. his gpa is good, maybe we could get him on an academic scholarship

Advantage for UND: Potential fellow freshmen Fink, Gleason, and Danny Mattson. All on good terms with Zach.

Advantage for SCSU: Potential fellow freshmen Oliver, Hanowski, Ravndalen, and possibly Schmidt. All on good terms with Zach.

Not as much of an advantage for the Gophers, but they've got both our schools beat in other regards.