SiouxSports.com Forum

Bochenski on Left Wing

Sioux_Hab-it

I just found this on Toronto's site.

Leafs Fall to Sens In Preseason Opener

September 18, 2005

TORONTO (CP) _ Brandon Bochenski is being given every chance to make the Senators and the former North Dakota star took advantage of it in his first pre-season game Sunday night, scoring a goal and adding an assist as Ottawa beat Toronto 5-2.

Bochenski, 23, was noticeable, looking dangerous on a line with Spezza and Dany Heatley. The line was in on three goals and spent most of the night in Toronto's zone. Bochenski, who had 70 points (34-36) in 75 AHL games last season, appears ready to make the jump.

``He's a natural goal-scorer,'' Sens GM John Muckler said between periods. ``He's scored at every level he's played at. (Head coach) Bryan (Murray) is giving him a real chance to show what he can do.''

The biggest knock on the six-foot, 180-pounder is his skating, but he makes up for that with great positioning and good anticipation.

``He's real smart player, he reads the play well,'' Muckler said.

Bochenski tied the game 2-2 at 10:32 of the second period, snapping a wrist shot from the slot over Mikael Tellqvist's right shoulder. Alfredsson then scored the winner at 12:03, blasting a slapshot to the top left corner and popping the water bottle off the top of the net behind J.S. Aubin.

Bo and Heatley centered by Spezza? That line will score alot of points this season if they keep it together. Bo is actually not a bad skater. His form isn't the greatest which is why he seems to be a little slower, but I highly doubt that will hold him back at this point. Congrats to Bo it seems like he is doing very well for himself up there in Ottawa.

friday sept 23rd...bochenski nets a goal and a assist for 2 points in 3-0 win over penguins...wow, hes playing great......hes on the top line with speeza and heatley...that line had 8 points combined...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

After two periods he already has a goal and assist in tonights game.

There's a nice picture of Bo scoring against CC on the Hockey Home page in USA Today.  Nice write up too.

Sorry, I'm no good at putting in the link.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

USA Today article

Don't believe Bo was in the Ottawa lineup last night. Spezza and Heatley did not put up the points they have in previous games, with Bo on the wing. Eaves was in the lineup, not sure if he was in instead of Bo or if both have played in previous preaseason games.

In Sports Illustrated's NHL Preview, they have Bochenski listed as the team's first line right wing playing on the line with Heatley and Spezza.  Parise is listed as New Jersey's second line center.  He is on a line with Gionta and Friesen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Parise's line is outdated. Friesen was traded to Washington for a draft choice.

Ok, so the info is a little old, but yeah, that's what I heard too.

I watched the game last night and he was in the lineup. He had some good scoring chances but they won't go in every night.

Parise, by the way, has been centering Gionta and Kozlov. In the Tues. night game vs the Rangers, Kozlov looked more than a little out of place with those two, they (Parise, Gionta) were very good together.

Regarding Parise, he's been centering Gionta and Kozlov, although he switched to a wing during the last game (vs Rangers), because a dinged hand hampered his faceoff ability, apparently.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's good to hear, it's impossible to locate a lineup, and have to look at box scores to see who shows up (scoring, penalties). Did he play with Spezza and Heatley again? Noticed that Eaves and Spezza had assists, I believe, on the same PP goal, so I guessed that maybe Eaves was playing with Spezza.

In Sports Illustrated's NHL Preview, they have Bochenski listed as the team's first line right wing playing on the line with Heatley and Spezza.  Parise is listed as New Jersey's second line center.  He is on a line with Gionta and Friesen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sports Illustrated probably pulled his position off the depth chart because he is definitely the left winger. He had the nicest assist of the game on Spezza's goal against Pittsburgh last night although it isn't mentioned in this brief article.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=138170