SiouxSports.com Forum

Utah and CMU off the list

jimdahl

There is a very clear pattern developing here folks:

FSU + tribal support = quick approval

CMU + tribal support = quick approval

Utah + tribal support = quick approval

UND + (all the votes not in yet) = ?? (And I'll bet no NCAA response will be forthcoming until after the Spirit Lake tribal council acts)

The NCAA has put themselves in the perfect position with this whole deal. A nickname and/or logo is clearly NOT hostile and abusive if the tribe approves its use.

No tribal support, and the name is verboten. :D

We'd all better pray the Spirit Lake vote comes down in UND's favor. I hope Pres. Kupchella does well in his meeting with the tribal leaders. And I hope a couple of our favorite posters here and their friends are, ahem, unable to attend the meeting.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't worry, we'll be there to "back" your president, I have a few trump cards that haven't been presented yet, just waiting for the right time. But that time is coming.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry, we'll be there to "back" your president, I have a few trump cards that haven't been presented yet, just waiting for the right time.  But that time is coming.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is it just my imagination or does somebody sound like he's getting desperate?

This doesn't happen everytime, but you have to admit that the name/logo is a catalyst for ignorance and racism in one way or another, plain and simple. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Stupidity is the catalyst to ignorance and racism, not the logo. If someone yells at you and calls you names because you want to change the name, it isn't because of the logo that they are doing that. It is because they are an idiot. Saying the logo is the reason for their ignorance is giving them an excuse. There is no excuse.

So if the name was changed your saying people on campus would still tell us to go back to the reservations? You know, I'm willing to take a chance and blame the logo for many of the injustices that happen here on campus. Put it this way, in the long run, it can only get better on campus w/ the logo/name in our rearview mirror.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What he is saying is:

Some people may be ignorant morons but hey I needed to find someone/something to blame for my perceived racism.