SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-2006 Women's Hockey Thread

HockeyMom

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, we share multiple seats. We have 3 for football and 4 for hockey. Considering I am single and he recently married a non-sports fan I think we have plenty of seats. We like to take friends or relatives that may not get a lot of chances to go to games, especially nieces and nephews. It is usually not too difficult finding people that want to buy hockey tickets if we don't have someone to use them. I'm thinking that it might be good to add a couple of women's tickets to the list.

Good idea.

Also take into account that you get your money's worth for your whockey season tickets by attending 7 games.

I couldn't imagine being married to a non-sports fan. And I sure as heck couldn't imagine being married to someone that didn't like hockey.

Yay! It's almost hockey season. Almost time for the entire dining room floor to be covered with hockey equipment airing out from practices.

Winter is my favorite time of year. :D

Right now is my favorite time of year. I love the fall because I get football, the start of the hockey season and in a good year I have the Twins in the play-offs. My favorite sports memory is being in the Dome watching the Twins win Game 7 of the World Series in 1991. I hope to top it this year. I want to have a chance to watch the Sioux take number 8 in Milwaukee.

I can't imagine being married to a non-sports fan either. I spend a lot of time watching games and playing golf so I would want to find a woman that is interested in at least some sports. It is only going to get worse as my nieces and nephews get older and get more involved in football, basketball, hockey, baseball and golf. A good uncle has to show up for games when he can.

The ladies played great today...very impressed. Funk, and Wooster sisters seem to be starting where they left off last year, which is a good sign for the team. The freshman forwards are really stepping up and taking on important roles, or so it seems. The lone freshman D played well, but seemed to have first game jitters. I noticed there were some girls missing from the roster tonight, do they have to sit some every game? I know Mutrie and Laplante are away for their second sport, however I was surprised to see Dianoski, Connelly, Girtz and Allan out, those four seem to play important roles for the Sioux. Unfortunate Cutcliffe got ejected from the game, she's a dominate force in our D-zone, it must be frustrating playing girls half her size. But, it is good to see they're tightening up on the checking from behinds after the Bina hit. All in all impressive night...I highly recommend all to come out in two weeks for their home opener.

The ladies played great today...very impressed.  Funk, and Wooster sisters seem to be starting where they left off last year, which is a good sign for the team.  The freshman forwards are really stepping up and taking on important roles, or so it seems. The lone freshman D played well, but seemed to have first game jitters.  I noticed there were some girls missing from the roster tonight, do they have to sit some every game? I know Mutrie and Laplante are away for their second sport, however I was surprised to see Dianoski, Connelly, Girtz and Allan out, those four seem to play important roles for the Sioux.  Unfortunate Cutcliffe got ejected from the game, she's a dominate force in our D-zone, it must be frustrating playing girls half her size.  But, it is good to see they're tightening up on the checking from behinds after the Bina hit. All in all impressive night...I highly recommend all to come out in two weeks for their home opener.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I heard Dianoski and Connelly were red shirting this year for academic reasons

That's unfortunate, but I guess we're trying to win a natie Championship here, and we need to take the best of the best. If the girls read this, I hope they are both doing well, and move on from this bump in the road, their contributions to the program over the past 2 years won't go unnoticed. Does anyone know why they were let go from the program? Does anyone know how many they are travelling to Mankato? Also, I heard about Connelly and Dianoski, and their ineligibility, we're going to miss them for the first part of the season. The other girls who were out apparently received minors at the end of the season last year :love: shame shame! :angry: Shantel better get her girls under control! haha

I didn't start this thread as a gossip thread about the Women's Hockey team.. Let's stick to how they perform on the ice.

I think they looked pretty good against Manitoba. I hope they play well against Minnesota State, and it won't be a big-old penalty fest like it was the last time they did. Hopefully Hasbargen will get the start, I'm comfortable with her between the pipes.

Anyone else have anything to add?

I didn't start this thread as a gossip thread about the Women's Hockey team.. Let's stick to how they perform on the ice. 

I think they looked pretty good against Manitoba.  I hope they play well against Minnesota State, and it won't be a big-old penalty fest like it was the last time they did.  Hopefully Hasbargen will get the start, I'm comfortable with her between the pipes.

Anyone else have anything to add?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you checked the men's thread lately, that is all it ever is, gossip.

We're not talking about who they are dating or anything! Just what's happening and why they were missing. Everyone wishes nothing but the best for these girls. And since you "started the thread" I guess we should follow your rules!!! lol

Wasn't meaning to gossip, just wondering where some of the girls were, and why they were out. Also, why those two girls were cut, and maybe if anyone even knows, how they both are doing? I imagine that would be hard to take in your Junior year. Hopefully they'll still come to the games and cheer on our FIGHTING SIOOOOOOOOOUX!! Good luck this weekend girls! I hope they keep the Wooster, Bowers, Wooster line together, as well as the Jauqs, Motsko, Johnstone line together. Those were bother VERY powerful lines. Any word on who got captains yet?

Is anyone making any plans to travel to any of the ladies' away games? My roommates and I wanted to go to Madison this year for the men's game only to realize that this is the year that the men don't play IN Madison. So then we were hoping to get down there for the women's series. We aren't too sure if that will work out for all of us. So we are trying to decide what other women's road games we might want to think about traveling to. We would like to go to a series that will have a good number of other Sioux fans to enjoy the weekend with. I am guessing that the Minnesota series should have a few Sioux fans.

What is everyone else planning?

Obviously NoDak isn't a very populous state. Only the largest schools in the state (which wouldn't even be considered that large in most states) sponsor hockey. There are 18 men's hockey teams and only 11 women's hockey teams. For example, in Grand Forks there is Grand Forks Red River and Grand Forks Central that both have men's hockey but the two schools combine for women's hockey.

North Dakota High School Activities Association

Hello Dakotadan,

Surprised by the low number of boys teams and the relatively high number of girls teams. Until about fifteen years ago, most of the boys teams here were private schools. About ten years ago, hockey started to explode here in New Jersey. I would have to guess the number of rinks and high school teams has tripled in the last decade for boys. Still only a handful of girls teams. A lot of high schools here have girls teams in a sport,but not one for boys---volleyball,field hockey,gymnastics,fencing.