SiouxSports.com Forum

ESPN radio

ESPNInsider

Listening to this, does Charles Kupchella sound as if he was ever on the verge of changing the Sioux name? Could it be that some people assumed too much about him? Could it be that they also assumed too much about where he stood on this issue? Could it be that some people were completely wrong about Kupchella?

Hmmm? :D

i doubt it.....but who knows i guess??

Listening to this, does Charles Kupchella sound as if he was ever on the verge of changing the Sioux name? Could it be that some people assumed too much about him? Could it be that they also assumed too much about where he stood on this issue? Could it be that some people were completely wrong about Kupchella?

Hmmm? :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Man Kupcake is spineless........

For being the PRESIDENT, he doesn't know S#$^ about the history of this name. Listening to the comments made by him has caused many to lose even more respect for him. Before he speaks again, he should really do his research. This name was started in the 30's not 20's, and he forgot to mention the countless amount of other Sioux Tribes that have asked UND to quit using the FS name.

What a coward. He will personally hear it from me.

For being the PRESIDENT, he doesn't know S#$^ about the history of this name.  Listening to the comments made by him has caused many to lose even more respect for him.  Before he speaks again, he should really do his research. This name was started in the 30's not 20's, and he forgot to mention the countless amount of other Sioux Tribes that have asked UND to quit using the FS name. 

What a coward.  He will personally hear it from me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good thing he's spineless, now he can shake in his boots without hinderance. :D

For being the PRESIDENT, he doesn't know S#$^ about the history of this name.  Listening to the comments made by him has caused many to lose even more respect for him.  Before he speaks again, he should really do his research. This name was started in the 30's not 20's, and he forgot to mention the countless amount of other Sioux Tribes that have asked UND to quit using the FS name. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's going to personally hear it from me as well, only I will be applauding his words and actions. Your response and others like it will be a gentle breeze compared to the category 5 hurricane that my response and others like it will be. In other words, you will be drowned out and rightfully so.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Throughout your life, who along the line told you that your spoken word is so almighty and that people give a sh*t what you say? You come on here like you are the master of all things Native American. Have you ever thought that not all Native Americans think like you. I am sure Kuppy is really gonna be intimidated by you and your powerful presence that you hold on a UND athletics chatroom.

Quit taking yourself so seriously.

I don't know if anyone else brought this up in another thread at all, but when the Nickname announcement came out last week the "Common Man" Dan Cole on KFAN out of the TC had some pretty harsh words for the Sioux. Proclaiming that UND should change the name because it is the "right thing to do". Besides being the "right thing to do" he also said we have "a lousy hockey program" :glare: . Pretty hard to take that guy seriously, I know. Now, I've heard the FAN playing those soundbites in ads for his show! Gofer-Homer tactics never cease to amaze me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I Bet he is shaking in his boots now. :glare:

I don't know if anyone else brought this up in another thread at all, but when the Nickname announcement came out last week the "Common Man" Dan Cole on KFAN out of the TC had some pretty harsh words for the Sioux.  Proclaiming that UND should change the name because it is the "right thing to do".  Besides being the "right thing to do" he also said we have "a lousy hockey program" :glare: .  Pretty hard to take that guy seriously, I know.  Now, I've heard the FAN playing those soundbites in ads for his show!  Gofer-Homer tactics never cease to amaze me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I used to be a HUGE Common fan and still listen every once in a while, but he just does the same stuff over and over again...ok, I get it, I'm the idiot... I do like it when he goes of on a new bit though. He's had some great shows that I've laughed about for hours afterward.