SiouxSports.com Forum

Lee to the Sens

nodakvindy

The announcers basically said that Lee won't be rushed from college.

There are a couple of young players ahead of them. So basically we have him for two to three seasons.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting to hear John Muckler say that they are going to have to have Lee playing for them in 2 years.

Interesting to hear John Muckler say that they are going to have to have Lee playing for them in 2 years.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess so much for the announcers statements, we will see, I can't see Brian being ready to play in the NHL in two seasons, just my HMO, but what do I know I am just a fan.

I guess so much for the announcers statements, we will see, I can't see Brian being ready to play in the NHL in two seasons, just my HMO, but what do I know I am just a fan.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't see it either, but when the GM says they are going to "have to have him" playing, because of the potential of having no one on their blueline because of free agency, I think they are very serious in wanting him in their system.

As a Sens fan I love this pick. Also, Brian Lee is the third Sioux picked #9 overall, joining John Marks and James Patrick. The only Sioux drafted higher was Jason Herter, who went #8. Will be interesting to see how the rest of the draft unfolds. Wouldn't be surprised to see Finley go in the first round as well.

One thing about Brian Lee is that he is very loyal. He could have left Moorhead the past two seasons to play at Shattuck, Lincoln or the USDTP in Ann Arbor. He was loyal to the Moorhead program and to his buddies. He wanted so badly to win a State Championship. I bet he stays at UND for 2 years for sure.

One thing about Brian Lee is that he is very loyal.  He could have left Moorhead the past two seasons to play at Shattuck, Lincoln or the USDTP in Ann Arbor.  He was loyal to the Moorhead program and to his buddies.  He wanted so badly to win a State Championship.  I bet he stays at UND for 2 years for sure.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lee is a great kid (congrats Brian!)--but nobody was offering him $1M to leave Moorhead High. I expect he will turn pro when the Sens tell him it's time. 2 years seems like a reasonable guess.

i may be missing something but stafford was drafted by the sabres in 2004 not the sens

It would be great to see Bochenski, Lee and Stafford all go up and play on the same squad someday...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>