SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Hobey Baker is a stretch for anyone coming out of this high school this year. But I guess you never know, you can do whatever you want if you put your mind to it. This senior class is truely amazing however. I was thinking how cool would it be if Weisgarber, Mihulka, Larson, Okland, and Klenow all made the Jets next year (assuming they try out). That's FIVE North Dakota boys on one team. Obviously it's a stretch but, I'm sure that would draw a big hometown crowd don't ya think?

I think the Hobey Baker is a stretch for anyone coming out of this high school this year. But I guess you never know, you can do whatever you want if you put your mind to it. This senior class is truely amazing however. I was thinking how cool would it be if Weisgarber, Mihulka, Larson, Okland, and Klenow all made the Jets next year (assuming they try out). That's FIVE North Dakota boys on one team. Obviously it's a stretch but, I'm sure that would draw a big hometown crowd don't ya think?

That would be very cool indeed. North Dakota would be represented very well if all of those players joined the FM Jets. If all of those players tried out and made it then we could see a team with not only Mihulka, Weisgarber, Klenow, Larson and Okland but north dakota players like Rody Selk, Jon Halstenson and Kyle Graalum(not sure on their eligibility due to age) I have heard rumor that the jets are interested in Hillman any information or truth on that?

I saw some of Weisgarber's first game with the Jets tonight. He was actually out there quite a bit, including on the power play and penalty kill. I thought he played pretty well, but it's obviously tough to go from skating with a team you've played with half your life to a team you've played with for a few days. It'll take some time to get in sync with everyone, which is probably why he was out there so much. There were some passes missed and so on where they'll probably connect a couple games from now.

I saw some of Weisgarber's first game with the Jets tonight. He was actually out there quite a bit, including on the power play and penalty kill. I thought he played pretty well, but it's obviously tough to go from skating with a team you've played with half your life to a team you've played with for a few days. It'll take some time to get in sync with everyone, which is probably why he was out there so much. There were some passes missed and so on where they'll probably connect a couple games from now.

Agreed. Although it was only his first game he logged significant ice time. He was even triple (yeah triple) shifted at the end of the game. I'm not sure what the logic in that was but they obviously believe he fits in well enough to see that kind of ice time. About 3 minutes into the game I thought this was going to be another one of those "Paul Weisgarber at Fargo South" kind of nights when he took the puck from the tops of his circles danced around two players and fed a perfect backhand pass to a teammate only to have them miss wide. First game in my opinion was very impressive.

There were a few individuals interested in who was playing juniors after North Dakota High School hockey. Here are a few observations on that: the Bismarck Bobcats played the F/M Jets last night, and again tonight, and Ross Monson and Justin Connell were not listed on the roster for the Bobcats - for whatever that means. As everyone knows, Paul Weisgarber started for the Jets and, in my opinion, looked very good.

The Elite Exposure tournament posted the first 180 of 200 kids (10 teams with 20 per team) who applied and were accepted into their scouting tournament at Shattuck in April. Acceptance and attendance at this tournament is an indicator of a player's interest in playing juniors, d-I, etc. Here are the North Dakota kids accepted as of today: Sean Deichert, Jake Delisle, Andy Dittus, Kris Graalum, Nick Klenow, and Marc Milhuka. Two juniors (Deichert and Graalum) and the others are seniors. Other notables in the tournament include: Jake Berquist, Beau Christian, Jordy Christian, Pat Deitz, Jeff Foss, John Lee, Matt Nordhagen (Thief River). The group includes a lot of Elite I players, and some National Festival players. Team rosters will be built and posted by March 24th. The tournament is being marketed as being heavily scouted by USHL, NAHL and D-I scouts.

If you are who everone thinks, you are a cocky person. You are trying to make it look like you are the mature one really it looks like quite the opposite. maybe your dad is doing this and if it is him im sorry.

And if Haas! is telling the truth... that someone did use his handle to post without his permission? Who's going to be sorry?

What people here don't realize is that you can delete posts. It appears as though Haas! has editted the content away (or maybe I didn't scroll back far enough). Maybe he should have deleted it and then issued a retraction on his previous posts.

I don't know. He deserves criticism but he also deserves to be listened to if he comes forward to state that what he initially said was wrong.

Regardless of who wrote what under whatever identity, here is a bit of perspective on a high school hockey thread. It would seem to me that since this is a North Dakota board (SiouxSports) that those who post with ties to North Dakota (former residents or current residents, or any others who respect the game) would want to promote the positives of our teams and players. What is gained by taking down players and teams? It certainly does not enhance the image of athletes or teams within our state. Is that what we want? I would think not.

Oh I agree, but when the poster comes back and apologizes for those posts and edits them accordingly, do we banish or flame him anyways? If it was a mistake, it was a mistake. Point it out and, if the poster corrects it and apologizes, move on.

Right now, we're spiraling towards another flame war thread. There are so many on this board right now, I don't think we need another.

After reading Deichert's post on another site i realized that there is a lot more to life than just hockey. Yes, not winning a state title hurts but, life does go on to bigger and better things to come in the future. Maybe some of you should look at it too...

We should keep this going and track the success of Weisgarber Galt and others as the year comes to the end/

We could create a new thread called something like: Post High School Hockey: 2006 We could also leave it as it is because basically we are talking about current high school hockey players even though the regular season is over. The benefit of a new thread is that this one is 122 pages long - hard to navigate if you want to get any history - also over 2,000 posts. We could put this one to bed and open one with a better title. Any other ideas out there? Next August or September someone could open up another new thread for the 06-07 high school season.

There are other kids out there too that would be of interest who are already in juniors - Willert, Selk, Graalum, Bair, Lamoureux, etc. Come to think of it we could start a thread on North Dakota Players and the Junior Leagues. Might be interesting-Stadstad is playing, Vigen, Cusey, McIntyre etc.

Is there any doubt that Deichert was the best goalie in the state this year?

Don't know, from reading this thread, there appears to be a score of good goaltenders from ND this year. Hillman, Rosenthal, Kringstad, Deichert... and maybe a few others.

My question is this: Has there been any other year where posters can say that there were more than 2 notable goaltenders for the season at the conclusion of the season? It seems to be that, whether it is a GF school or South, there seems to be one dominating goaltender a season. This year there are much more than that.

Is there any doubt that Deichert was the best goalie in the state this year?

Probably not, since his numbers are the best in every category and his team won state. However, as mentioned there were a lot of good goalies in the state this year, with six goalies with a GAA under 2.5, and seven with a save percentage over 90%. Definitely fun to watch at state this year, with a lot of low scoring games with more scoring chances than it would seem.

Don't know, from reading this thread, there appears to be a score of good goaltenders from ND this year. Hillman, Rosenthal, Kringstad, Deichert... and maybe a few others.

My question is this: Has there been any other year where posters can say that there were more than 2 notable goaltenders for the season at the conclusion of the season? It seems to be that, whether it is a GF school or South, there seems to be one dominating goaltender a season. This year there are much more than that.

I would agree, there were alot of good goaltenders this year. But the two goalies that stood out in my mind were Sean Deichert of Fargo South and Michael Hillman of Bismarck high. Deichert for his constant good play which can obviously be seen when looking at his statistics and Hillman for his great performances throughout the year( although i only saw his game at Fargo South and 2 of 3 games at state) and his also above par stats. Rosendahl was also up there as i watched him play 5 or 6 times as well as less mentioned Justin Welk. I beleive Tony Kringstad was "alright" throughout the year with a couple of good if not great games but i do not approve of his antics, regardless he still played very well throughout the year . The only difference between the top two goalies in the state this year is that Deichert played on a great team and Hillman did not . But i beleive that if Deichert were to play for a team like BHS he would also have some memorable games where if Hillman played for FSH he probably would have had much better statistics. I think that at the state tournament everything was as it should have been except for the Minot Central game.I am happy with the fact the South won it all and were very deserving of its title victory. Although i think Central would have had a better shot if Shane were in net against South in the semis. Either way a great year for high school hockey! and an Even Better year for Fargo Hockey!!!

GO BRUINS!!

2000 - 2001 was a good year. I don't know about out the west, but the east had Ziegelmann, Lamoureaux, and Walski.