SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I heard, Hazen, Dickinson, Minot and Williston won.

Because Bismarck played Hazen in the first round it will prob be.

Bismarck vs. Dickinson (winner advances)

Hazen vs. DL (winner advances)

Williston vs. Minot (Championship)

but don't quote me I don't know if these are the for sure matchups.

any new updates on the North/South game?...keep 'em coming. What happened in the second that was different in the first?

South played decent in the first period and had a few chances, but couldn't score. North had a few chances too but not as many as South. The second was probably the best period I've seen South play in a long time. Not only did they score nine goals, but they were all (except maybe one) very impressive goals that the goalie really didn't have a chance on. I'm not sure if they changed their strategy, or if North was tired out, or what, but South was pretty much skating all around North all period. I left after the second period so I didn't see the third, but since it was in running time I imagine there wasn't much to see.

From what I heard, Hazen, Dickinson, Minot and Williston won.

Because Bismarck played Hazen in the first round it will prob be.

Bismarck vs. Dickinson (winner advances)

Hazen vs. DL (winner advances)

Williston vs. Minot (Championship)

but don't quote me I don't know if these are the for sure matchups.

You are correct in all matchups. Bismarck/Dickinson will play about 1:30, Hazen/Devils Lake will play around 4:00 and Williston/Minot will play around 6:30.

Here are the offical East Region Tourment games today.

EAST REGION TOURNAMENT

#3Grafton/P.R VS. #4West Fargo @ 2:30. Radio: WDAY radio

#5GF Central VS. #4West Fargo @ 5:00. Radio: KNOX and WDAY radio

#2Fargo South VS. #1GF Red River @7:30. Radio KNOX and WDAY radio.

I think you mean #5Gf Central vs.#6Fargo North

Is the GFRR/South game the EDC Championship game?

I'm unfamiliar with the High School playoff format so after today, what happens?

Can I assume that the winners of these three games play the winners of the WDC final three?

Is the GFRR/South game the EDC Championship game? Yes it is.

I'm unfamiliar with the High School playoff format so after today, what happens? The teams that win today will most likey get a bye.

Can I assume that the winners of these three games play the winners of the WDC final three? I think so...I forgot how that works.

Is the GFRR/South game the EDC Championship game?

I'm unfamiliar with the High School playoff format so after today, what happens?

Can I assume that the winners of these three games play the winners of the WDC final three?

Yes, RR/South is the EDC championship game. South and Red River will be the No. 1 and 2 seeds from the east, depending upon the outcome of the game. The winner of Grafton/West Fargo will be No. 3 and the winner of North/Central will be No. 4. At State, the pairings should be:

No. 1 east v. No. 4 west

No. 3 east v. No. 2 west

No. 2 east v. no. 3 west

No. 4 east v. no. 1 west

Red River and South will be in opposite brackets. Assuming Minot wins the west, they will be in the bracket of No. 2 east. Whoever wins the east will likely end up with Grafton in their bracket.

Yes, RR/South is the EDC championship game. South and Red River will be the No. 1 and 2 seeds from the east, depending upon the outcome of the game. The winner of Grafton/West Fargo will be No. 3 and the winner of North/Central will be No. 4. At State, the pairings should be:

No. 1 east v. No. 4 west

No. 3 east v. No. 2 west

No. 2 east v. no. 3 west

No. 4 east v. no. 1 west

Red River and South will be in opposite brackets. Assuming Minot wins the west, they will be in the bracket of No. 2 east. Whoever wins the east will likely end up with Grafton in their bracket.

Im going to use this for the state thread.

No. 1 east v. No. 4 west

No. 3 east v. No. 2 west

No. 2 east v. no. 3 west

No. 4 east v. no. 1 west

One possible outcome is if both North and Grafton win today, North would be the third seed from the east because they beat Gtafton ealier in the tournament, even though GPR was the higher seed coming in.

No. 1 east v. No. 4 west

No. 3 east v. No. 2 west

No. 2 east v. no. 3 west

No. 4 east v. no. 1 west

Almost everything explained above is correct. However, in the state qualifier game today (Game # 10 which involves Central and North) the winner of that game will be the #4 seed only if the winner is Central. If North wins that game they will be the #3 seed if Grafton beats West Fargo. If West Fargo beats Grafton they will be the #3 seed and the winner of the Central/North game will be the #4 seed - regardless of who wins that game. This is the case because of the following rule: "If the winners of Games 9 and 10 played each other during the region tournamet, the winner of that game will have the #3 seed. Otherwise they will be seeded for the state tournament by their finish in the regular season standings." Since North beat Grafton in the region tournament they would be the #3 seed if Grafton wins their qualifier game and North wins their game today.

Did they recently change that rule? I remember a couple of years ago West Fargo beat Grafton at the EDC, but ended up getting the 4th seed into the tourny. I like the rule change though, because North should be the 3rd seed if they beat Central and Grafton wins.

Unfortunately no. :D

I'm going to be sitting comfortably in a suite at the Ralph Englestad Arena watching the Sioux smoke the Bullpuppies. :D

Yeah I might go to the game to. If not I will keep people updated here.

P.S. You can listen to the game in the suite on the radio...as they have a radio in the sweat.

Did they recently change that rule? I remember a couple of years ago West Fargo beat Grafton at the EDC, but ended up getting the 4th seed into the tourny. I like the rule change though, because North should be the 3rd seed if they beat Central and Grafton wins.

Your right, unless there has been a rule change. The 3rd & 4th seeds have always been determined by how the 2 teams finished during the regular season, not by who beat who earlier in the tournament.

How do you all feel that the state hockey tourny will not have two of these four teams:

G-PR, North, West Fargo or Central?

I still wish they would cross regionalize them with the top two seeds on each side guaranteed spots in the State tourny with the others playing off for a spot.