SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

As far as the taunting goes. Classic West teams running their mouth's again. Liek Schmidt running his mouth and tell the refs they are messing up because his dad and uncle are/were the "big time."

Good luck to all teams however in State and regionals.

It's actually Schmitt...but anyway his dad was a good wcha offical, and his uncle is just a good high school official. But anyway Minot learned alot from this weekend. I bet they bring up the J.V. goalie to replace the kid who started at Red River. But you need good goaltending and control to win I guess we will see what happens in the coming weeks.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow you know youre stuff, seeing how I'm not even from Grand Forks, not to mention I havent been in High School for six years. Good point to on how they would be being recruited by D-1 schools if they were that good, seeing how they are SOPHOMORES and recruiting laws prohibit contact between a team and player before the end of their junior season. But I guess its me that doesnt know my stuff right, when you feel like growing up and making meaningful conversation, post again. I have never said that Eric Galt or Paul Weisgarber are not very talented players, but to say that LaDouceur and Galbreath arent amazing talents for their age is just stupid. Never did I state that they are as talented as Ryan Poltuny or that they will be drafted in the 2nd round, I just said that they are two very smart, talented, young defenseman who could definitley one day be D-I prospects. I have also never claimed that Rosendahl is a god, have I once said that he is a Phillipe Lamoureux or Aaron Walski....No. Also, you might not know this but in the one year Rosendahl tried out for elites, he split time with Oakland and had very similar stats. The only reason Oakland left high school is because he was on a terrible team with no sign of improvement. As I stated earlier, you need to grow up and think about what youre saying before you say it. If you dont know your facts, shut up.

Wow you know youre stuff, seeing how I'm not even from Grand Forks, not to mention I havent been in High School for six years. Good point to on how they would be being recruited by D-1 schools if they were that good, seeing how they are SOPHOMORES and recruiting laws prohibit contact between a team and player before the end of their junior season. But I guess its me that doesnt know my stuff right, when you feel like growing up and making meaningful conversation, post again. I have never said that Eric Galt or Paul Weisgarber are not very talented players, but to say that LaDouceur and Galbreath arent amazing talents for their age is just stupid. Never did I state that they are as talented as Ryan Poltuny or that they will be drafted in the 2nd round, I just said that they are two very smart, talented, young defenseman who could definitley one day be D-I prospects. I have also never claimed that Rosendahl is a god, have I once said that he is a Phillipe Lamoureux or Aaron Walski....No. Also, you might not know this but in the one year Rosendahl tried out for elites, he split time with Oakland and had very similar stats. The only reason Oakland left high school is because he was on a terrible team with no sign of improvement. As I stated earlier, you need to grow up and think about what youre saying before you say it. If you dont know your facts, shut up.

Amazingly talented hockey players get drafted into the NHL. That's my point. It's easy to see who the High Schoolers are on this board with the immature responses (jagrfan68). I know nothing about college recruiting? Nothing prohibits players from contacting teams and making a verbal commitment to a college. Jordy Christian, a Jr. at Moorhead High, has not yet completed his Jr. season. How did he commit to St. Cloud? I wonder. Galt is a rare case. As a sophomore Fargo South was loaded with senior defense. He rarely played. Nothing prohibts Dave Hakstol from going up to Galbreath and asking him how his season is going. Nothing. You can recieve letters from colleges and the ruling on those letters are strict, but they can send you information. I'm sure an amazing talent would have boxes full of these letters. Weisgarber himself will tell you he is not an amazing talent. He is a great hockey player but hardly amazing. When you Red River players can come on here and post without favoring your buddies you can maybe post something we will all be interested in reading. Until then, make believe your home town buddies are the next Brian Leetch or Jordan Leopold. Your not fooling anyone saying your not from Grand Forks.

Amazingly talented hockey players get drafted into the NHL. That's my point. It's easy to see who the High Schoolers are on this board with the immature responses (jagrfan68). I know nothing about college recruiting? Nothing prohibits players from contacting teams and making a verbal commitment to a college. Jordy Christian, a Jr. at Moorhead High, has not yet completed his Jr. season. How did he commit to St. Cloud? I wonder. Galt is a rare case. As a sophomore Fargo South was loaded with senior defense. He rarely played. Nothing prohibts Dave Hakstol from going up to Galbreath and asking him how his season is going. Nothing. You can recieve letters from colleges and the ruling on those letters are strict, but they can send you information. I'm sure an amazing talent would have boxes full of these letters. Weisgarber himself will tell you he is not an amazing talent. He is a great hockey player but hardly amazing. When you Red River players can come on here and post without favoring your buddies you can maybe post something we will all be interested in reading. Until then, make believe your home town buddies are the next Brian Leetch or Jordan Leopold. Your not fooling anyone saying your not from Grand Forks.

Who were the great Seniors that played for South when Galt was a Sophomore I cant remember?

I just want to start off by saying i'm sorry that two of our Jv players on here are making a fool of our team ( Junior24) and (Ndhockey_1) this is definatly not how our team feels, I just thought I'd let you know that those two have been warned by the coaching staff to stop posting on here. (hopefully they will listen to them or they risk suspension from the team). I just wanted to clear the air and try help clean up the reputation of the Red river hockey team.

I have been watching this recent conversation unfold. South4life is some character - some sort of imposter no doubt. I don't really care much about this line of conversation but just for the record when Galt was a sophomore the "great" players for south were Justin Mauch (52 pts - 3rd in state for scoring), Paul Weisgarber (43 pts 6th), Adam Kankelfritz (38 pts 11th), Luke Brehmer (36 pts 15th), Tyler Dalbey (30 pts 20th), Caleb Luecke (28 pts, 23rd). It is unusual that a so-called South "fan" would not remember any of these players.

I just want to start off by saying i'm sorry that two of our Jv players on here are making a fool of our team ( Junior24) and (Ndhockey_1) this is definatly not how our team feels, I just thought I'd let you know that those two have been warned by the coaching staff to stop posting on here. (hopefully they will listen to them or they risk suspension from the team). I just wanted to clear the air and try help clean up the reputation of the Red river hockey team.

Your right, i play for the JV team as well as NDHockey1. How did you figure this out?

I can't say i'm surprised to hear this... Thats too bad that a someone would have to come on here and apoligize for the actions of two ankle bitters. You two should be ashamed of yourselves.

I'm not sure if you are all aware of this by Tony Deichert (father of South goaltender Sean Deichert) passed away early this afternoon, and I would just like to post my condolences to him and his family through this rough time. I've known Tony for many years and he was an amazing goaltender, but more importantly a better man, father, and husband.

He was diagnosed with cancer last March in DecemberWDAY had a nice story on how he still tried to help with the hockey team. It's just sad to see it happen to such a good kid like Sean. His condition worsened considerably in the past couple weeks, the family was prepared for his passing.

Thank you for sharing this. Hopefully Sean and the entire Deichert family will be able to get through this with the help of each other, and family friends.

I'm definately rooting for the kid now!

Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster. A few observations about the season so far:

-Fargo South and Red River are the two best teams, without a doubt. I wouldn't be surprised, however, if a team like Grafton or Minot got hot and knocked one off. It only takes one bad game in the state tourney for the whole season to go down the drain.

-The best players in the state are as follows: Paul Weisgarber, the Cousins Campbell, Jarrett Galbreath, Erick Galt, Marc Mihulka, Eli Rosendahl, and Michael Hillman.

-I think the most disappointing team of the year so far has got to be Fargo North. With all the talent they have on the team, one would think that they would be able to put up much, much more offense than they are. The offense is starting to come around a little, but being shut out in 5 out of 7 games to open the season is terrible. It hurts to say that too because those kids are all good guys.

-As for the Mr. Hockey award, I think it is too bad that the voters will focus on stats more than what a kid does for the team. Weisgarber or one of the Campbells will most likely win the award, but if there were an MVP award, I think it would go to Mihulka. It just seems like Red River feeds off him and looks to him to make big plays (i.e., Minot game). He seems like a kid that will be able to throw a team on his back and carry them all the way to the state title. Not saying that Weisgarber or the Campbells aren't valuable, but the Riders without Mihulka would be in the hurt bag badly.

-Fargo South and Red River are the two best teams, without a doubt. I wouldn't be surprised, however, if a team like Grafton or Minot got hot and knocked one off.

I wouldn't be concerned about Minot, they always choke in the State Tourney. Maybe they will be better this year with the new coach? It certainly can't hurt.

id watch out for williston in the state tourney there really comin around along with red river there goin to be the 2 team in the championship

Was there really a reason to post this? I mean, what exactly are you trying to prove by posting something like this? Talk about your team or something relevant, this is just worthless drivel..... :lol:

Should I post something about your grammar? :lol:

I have been watching this recent conversation unfold. South4life is some character - some sort of imposter no doubt. I don't really care much about this line of conversation but just for the record when Galt was a sophomore the "great" players for south were Justin Mauch (52 pts - 3rd in state for scoring), Paul Weisgarber (43 pts 6th), Adam Kankelfritz (38 pts 11th), Luke Brehmer (36 pts 15th), Tyler Dalbey (30 pts 20th), Caleb Luecke (28 pts, 23rd). It is unusual that a so-called South "fan" would not remember any of these players.

I'm sorry I don't know my facts as much as you ND Pride. I was just trying to recall who played on that team. Sorry if I can't remember all of them.

Was there really a reason to post this? I mean, what exactly are you trying to prove by posting something like this? Talk about your team or something relevant, this is just worthless drivel..... :lol:

Should I post something about your grammar? :lol:

Hey UND student that cannot let go of west High School hockey, Oh I meant Wilbur; this is a website set up for all people wanting to post their views on hockey of all forms. But according to you, only varisty hockey should be posted, and only posts that are to do with previous posts. I think you spend too much time dwelling on this site and you need to use your time to enjoy college life, rather than worrying about what your Minot team is doing. In my opinion, i tinhk there should not be much discussion on this site from old hockey players that play only outdoor and innamural hockey like yourself. I am sure you will be at every EDC and State hockey game these next few weekends. When you are at the EDC tourny, take note of how real hockey is played. Then at state, watch how real hockey players show-up the West teams....again. I have a question for you...Will you still come to the games even when Minot and the rest of the West teams are beat out by the first round? Maybe you can buy me a Taco-in-Bag

Ha good catch! Doubt that he will be making any posts for a while...

Your right, i play for the JV team as well as NDHockey1. How did you figure this out?

You have to be crazy to come on here and criticize my comments that I have made just because I saw that a Minot and a RR player were going back and forth and one another towards the end of the JV game. I don't get why a guy like me can't post what I witnessed at the end of the JV game as I was getting ready to watch the varsity game. I want to know where you received this information and how you think your info is credible. Nice comment to on how if they don't listen to them they will be suspended. Just to let you know the JV hockey season is pretty much over now that EDC regionals are coming up in a little bit. Whoever this is you are making a fool out of yourself and shouldn't post. Too many times this year people have come onto this webpage and posted things that no one wants to hear because they are just trying to cause arguments or making up false information.

During the JV game there was a confrontation between a cocky 19 for RR and a I tihnk it was 5 for Minot. 19 ran his mouth the entire game. he was pulled out of the shaking of the hangs along with 5 and both were given 10 minute misconducts. COurse this wont affect their play, but it should be noted that an instance occured, and the officials did the right thing in this situation.

As far as the taunting goes. Classic West teams running their mouth's again. Liek Schmidt running his mouth and tell the refs they are messing up because his dad and uncle are/were the "big time."

Good luck to all teams however in State and regionals.

Please refrain from bringing up JV games on this thread.... Also i'm curious as to how/why you would know such details of a Junior Varsity game. I was under the impression that only JV players/ parents and maybe a few varsity players are in attendence for JV games. Either way ripping on your opposition is a bad idea.

Hey UND student that cannot let go of west High School hockey, Oh I meant Wilbur; this is a website set up for all people wanting to post their views on hockey of all forms. But according to you, only varisty hockey should be posted, and only posts that are to do with previous posts. I think you spend too much time dwelling on this site and you need to use your time to enjoy college life, rather than worrying about what your Minot team is doing. In my opinion, i tinhk there should not be much discussion on this site from old hockey players that play only outdoor and innamural hockey like yourself. I am sure you will be at every EDC and State hockey game these next few weekends. When you are at the EDC tourny, take note of how real hockey is played. Then at state, watch how real hockey players show-up the West teams....again. I have a question for you...Will you still come to the games even when Minot and the rest of the West teams are beat out by the first round? Maybe you can buy me a Taco-in-Bag

1. I have never said one time that JV hockey should NOT be talked about.

2. I have never said one time that we should only talk about other posts.

3. This is an open board. Why can't I post?

4. Why is it a problem that I attend the EDC tournament? Is there a problem with the fact that I like watching high school hockey? (I'm not the only ex hockey player who attends games). I won't be there this year though, sorry.

5. You bet I will be at the games at the state tournament! Although the west region teams will probably get beat, I will be there supporting them. What is the problem with this?

6. I had no clue that this site was just for talk about East Region hockey. My apologies.

If you don't mind, I would like to ask your name, and how you know me? And I would be more than happy to buy you a taco in a bag.

"this is a website set up for all people wanting to post their views on hockey of all forms"

Yet, I can't post my opinion....yeah, you're not a hypocrit....or an English major for that matter. :lol:

I would still like to buy you a taco in a bag though. ???

In the defense of those who said Galt didnt have great numbers as a sophomore, will someone please point out how many of the players you listed were defenseman?