SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to get too off track here but I'm sure UND would have won if they had Jonathon Toews, T.J. Oshie, Taylor Chorney, and Brian Lee back.

If that's what you took from my post then... well, you missed the point.

As for my prediction, either way, there will be 5 goals or less scored in this game... both sides added together. And no, neither side will score all 5 goals. In fact, I can also predict that neither side will score 4 goals. We're looking at 3-2, 3-1, 2-1, 2-2 tie, 1-0. I would be VERY VERY surprised if there was a 3 goal lead for either team and equally surprised if there was a shutout, even if it is 1-0.

If you're planning on going to the South-Moorhead game plan on going early. Moorhead only plays 8 home games this year so this should be a hot ticket. Should be close to 3000 at the MSC. Hopefully South plays smart hockey early and doesn't take any dumb penalties. They cannot let Moorhead jump out to an early 2 goal lead, or crowd could carry Moorhead to a big win.

4-2 (en) South!!!

If that's what you took from my post then... well, you missed the point.

As for my prediction, either way, there will be 5 goals or less scored in this game... both sides added together. And no, neither side will score all 5 goals. In fact, I can also predict that neither side will score 4 goals. We're looking at 3-2, 3-1, 2-1, 2-2 tie, 1-0. I would be VERY VERY surprised if there was a 3 goal lead for either team and equally surprised if there was a shutout, even if it is 1-0.

Whats your secret to predicting high school hockey games, you could make millions.

Whats your secret to predicting high school hockey games, you could make millions.

Now you know why I don't like predicting scores. At least I predicted the correct outcome.

Honestly, I thought both teams were defensively sound which led me to believe that this would be a low scoring game. I was wrong. Meh.

I'll backup Redwing on this, most of south's players thought this game would be be a 2-1, 3-1 type game. Great win for South. After Moorhead scored early in the first I was thinking "here we go again". Luckily the players were focused and uped the tempo and really dominated in the 2nd period. The disallowed goal for Moorhead was due to a spud pushing the puck in with his hand. At least that was the call the ref initially gave the PA announcer. South's biggest problem in the third was staying out of the box.

To recap, I thought South had the two best players on the ice tonight. Galt controlled and distributed the puck to teammates and really made a great play late in the first when the whole rink thought he was going to boom a slapper he feathered a pass to Weisgarber who shelfed a wrister with 2 seconds to go. Weisgarber also looked great out there. He did a nice job on face offs and when he found open ice he was able to show his speed and playmaking ability. Gault and Weisgarber each had 3 points. Jordy Christian was not much of a factor most of the game. I didn't check to see if south was doing anything special defensivly with him but I really didn't notice him until the last half of the 3rd period. I'd say Weisgarber and Christian are very similar players, but Weisgarber is one year older and a little stronger on his stick.

South showed last night that they are one of the top team in the upper midwest. They did a nice job adjusting to the speed of Moorhead and showed that they can skate with anyone. Moorhead may not have the same team as last year, but lets not forget that they did take 2nd at the Schwann Cup last week and lost to Holy Angels, who some people in MN think could go undefeated, by 1.

Great HS Hockey game!! :lol::)

You guys are up on your local high school hockey, I am not, and this is a ND HS hockey thread but what are your thoughts on the Warroad boys team vs the US Olympic women's team tonight up in Warroad?

I'm going to need more information on how the game will be played... Will it be a full checking contest, or limited? If so the Warroad boys are probably stronger and faster and I think it might be difficult for the US women to compete with that kind of play. If it is a no-check game the woman would have an advantage but I still find it unlikely that they would come out on top.

I'm going to need more information on how the game will be played... Will it be a full checking contest, or limited? If so the Warroad boys are probably stronger and faster and I think it might be difficult for the US women to compete with that kind of play. If it is a no-check game the woman would have an advantage but I still find it unlikely that they would come out on top.

According to the arcticle in the Herald, the game will be MSHSL rules except for no checking.

We've been through this before. Success in the past does not by any means gaurentee it in the future.

Where in my post do do I say that I am guaranteeing anything in the future. What I am saying is that past history certainly is something that can help predict the future - look at history of the stock market, success of the New England Patriots, success or failures of political campaigns etc....

...or the success of the San Francisco 49ers?

Sorry to break the news to you, but Central and Red River are to ND high school hockey what the 49ers and Cowboys are to the NFL. They used to be the best, but not anymore. The days of GF dominance are over for now, and they won't be coming back any time soon based on what I've seen of the kids that will be entering high school within the next 2 to 6 years. 2005-06 could very well be the first of a very long run of titles for South.

I thought South's big run was supposed to start last year? What happened? They had the best record but were not the best team. This year once again, they have a good team. However, are they going to fold when it really matters? Maybe maybe not, but you are delusional if you think South will rattle off a four to six year streak of championships. Grand Forks Schools do have down years, and this may be one of them, but they never stay down for long.

...or the success of the San Francisco 49ers?

Sorry to break the news to you, but Central and Red River are to ND high school hockey what the 49ers and Cowboys are to the NFL. They used to be the best, but not anymore. The days of GF dominance are over for now, and they won't be coming back any time soon based on what I've seen of the kids that will be entering high school within the next 2 to 6 years. 2005-06 could very well be the first of a very long run of titles for South.

Same song but different verse. You were saying the same thing a year ago and RR still ended up being the best team in the state. With that being said, I think it would be great for ND hockey that other teams were up to the level of GF as that will only make the programs within ND that much stronger.

And I thought Kittson Central and Wahpeton was the big Minnesota-ND showdown Tuesday :lol:

RR-GFC, North-Shanley tonight, South-WF tomorrow, will South keep up the intensity after all they are playing an undefeated conference road team tomorrow SPOOKY!!

West Fargo isn't undefeated, they lost to Red River.

I will most likely be at the RR-Central game tonight and I'm guessing I'll see a strong performance by the Riders. I just don't think that Central will have enough to be able to score with the Riders, especially on the top netminder in the state, Eli Rosendahl (Don't believe me? Check out this link: http://www.gfparks.org/ndaha/goalieleaders.html If you don't want to do that, I'll make it easy. Best GAA and best save %.) I'm expecting to see a Rider victory, 6-1.

Ha ha ha ha, what? Dave, come on. Red River is (once again) a great team. Central is down, but they have won 2 of the past 3 state titles and are still looking like they could sneak into the state tourney. If we're going to start comparing high school teams to NFL teams, you missed one comparison. EVERY Fargo team = The Minnesota Vikings. They get everyone's hopes up during the regular season and make people think that THIS could be the year they win it, but they always end up disappearing come playoff time (Minot could also be included in this category).

It's absolutely rediculous to compare the GF teams to the 49ers and Cowboys. When's the last time either of those teams won the Super Bowl, 1996? And Red River and Central have combined to win the past 3 state titles, 5 of the past 6, 9 of 11...do you see where I'm going with this? Before we start comparing high school teams to NFL teams that haven't won anything in the past ten years, let's do a little research.

To say that "the days of GF dominance are over" is just plain wrong. Two of the top 5 or 6 defensemen in the state (Jarrett Galbreath and Ryan LaDoucer) are sophomores going to Red River. Red River has a deep, deep sophomore class that can only get better. Sure, Fargo teams can win state titles in the next 7 or 8 years (heck, maybe even THIS year) but to say that South will have a long run of titles is just plain ludacris.

When you reply to this post Dave, do me a favor and take off those brown and yellow shaded glasses.

Alittle off the subject but I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on kids not living within the city limits playing for either of the GF teams, I know its happened in the past i.e: manvel kids appearing on Central rosters.

I think with fargo opening up it's 5th highschool South, North, Shanely, Oak Grove( co-op with WF), and now this new highschool, it will agian be harder for Fargo schools (Talent disturbuted to 5 seperate teams) to compete with the likes of GF who has two schools and picks up stragglers from other little towns.