SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From reading the box scores from yesterday's games it seems like Kringstad for GPR had a pretty good game against Warroad making 44 saves. Also, Warroad had to rally late to tie the spoilers (scored with 22 seconds to go), so I consider that to be a very good showing for North Dakota hockey and GPR.

Fargo South beat Rochester Century 8-2 today in the Rochester Tourney. They will play the winner between Hastings and New Richmond in the semifinals tomorrow.

I found a few more scores .... Hastings beat New Richmond 3-0. That means, as Lucky11 said, Fargo South (8-0) will play Hastings (6-3-1)in the semis tomorrow at 4:45 pm at Graham West Arena.

In the Little Falls Tourney ... Hazen-Beulah beat Becker-Big Lake 9-1. Hazen-Beulah (5-6) will play Kittson Central (1-5-1) for the consolation championship tomorrow (Thurs.) at 1:30 pm. In the same tourney today, Wahpeton-Breckenridge lost to Kittson Central 6-2. Wahpeton-Breckenridge (0-8) will play Becker-Big Lake (1-7) for 7th/8th place tomorrow morning at 11:00 am.

In the St. Cloud Apollo Tourney at the MAC/Torrey Arena ... in the 1:45 pm game, Bismarck Century lost to St. Cloud Cathedral today 3-2 in overtime. Bismarck Century (3-7) plays Litchfield-DC (0-9) for 7th/8th tomorrow morning at 9:00 am.

I listened to the last period and shootout yes shootout of the WF-Fergus game on the radio tonight. Really exciting game sounded like the crowd was into it just back and forth. Fergus got a PP goal with a minute or so left and WF answered right back to tie it up. If the Fergus radio announcer is telling the truth I guess in the shootout a couple WF players pulled off some awesome dekes. West Fargo I think gets credit for a tie in the game but did win the shootout to advance in their tournament. Represented North Dakota pretty well tonight I think.

Couple of scores from the Holiday tournys I've read about.

Bismarck 7 Jamestown 0

Bismarck Century 2 St. Cloud Cathedral 3 OT (Century goaltender with 44 saves).

Grafton Park River 9 Pembina Valley 2

Chisago Lakes 8 North 2

Holy Family Catholic 4 Shanley 2

The Grand Forks Herald has South beating Rochester Lourdes 8-2. That must be a misprint.

Does anybody know if there's any way I can get audio of the Moorhead/Holy Angles game tonight?

I figure it'll be tough with Men's BB and men's hockey playing. Plus the gophers are playing, so that probably ties up WCCO.

Radio (in Grand Forks) or webcast....anybody know?

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realize this was just ND high school hockey.....but still...if anybody wants to help out, feel free.

Edited by BigGreyAnt41

I plan on trying to listen to parts of this game as well, as it should be a dandy. I'm going to try to find out if Moorhead has radio coverage for their boys hockey, and if they do try and figure out if the station that covers them has a website.

I'll let you know if I find anything.

Does anybody know if there's any way I can get audio of the Moorhead/Holy Angles game tonight?

I figure it'll be tough with Men's BB and men's hockey playing. Plus the gophers are playing, so that probably ties up WCCO.

Radio (in Grand Forks) or webcast....anybody know?

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realize this was just ND high school hockey.....but still...if anybody wants to help out, feel free.

Try this LINK for Moorhead Spuds hockey. *NOTE* I do NOT know if this works. Just a link I found.

Final ... Dean Wilson's Fargo South Bruins 3, Phil Housley's Stillwater Ponies 1. Fargo South wins the Kiwanis/Wells Fargo Hockey Festival Championship and the Bruins improve to 10-0.

Roseau beat Bismarck High this afternoon 6-0. Roseau is now 9-3, while Bismarck High falls to 5-6 overall.

In the same tourney this morning, Jamestown knocked off Lake of the Woods 5-2. Jamestown improved to 3-8 overall. Lake of the Woods is now 5-6.

Dickinson won this morning over Ely, MN 7-6. The Midgets improved to 5-6 overall. Ely's record stands at

1-7-1.

Anyone hear a score on the Bottineau/Pierson, MB or the Fargo North/Univ. School of Milwaukee, WI game?

Edited by ND Hockey Guy

My "useless fact of the week" ... There are 105 days in the boys high school hockey season. (November 14th through February 25th) It's hard to believe, but we're just a few days away from the halfway point.

(December 31st will be day 48.) Anybody want to select their "Mid-Season All-State team"? (3 forwards, 2 defensemen, and 1 goalie)

Mine would be:

G: Eli Rosendahl-RR

D: Jarret Galbreath-RR

D: Brian Lee-Dickinson

F: Marc Mihulka-RR

F: Paul Cambell-GPR

F: Nick Klenow-North

So far Mr. Hockey is looking like it will end up in Fargo, in the hands of Nick Klenow.

Coach of the year is Jay Erickson-Fargo North

what does everyone else think?

First of all, the season may have 108 days and be near a half-way point but the season is not at the halfway point in the attribute that matters the most and is most meaningful - # of games played.

Secondly, I think the state all-tournament team has the number of players that you list but isn't the all state team larger than the six positions you mention. I think they had some at-large selections for the all state team. Maybe someone can check it out as I can't find my copy of Gillen's list from last year.

I think it would make more sense to to list players by position who seem to be standing out. It is far too subjective to list a small number of players at this point in time.

Finally, Campbell, as in Paul and Thomas is spelled Campbell, not Cambell.

Mine would be:

G: Eli Rosendahl-RR

D: Jarret Galbreath-RR

D: Brian Lee-Dickinson

F: Marc Mihulka-RR

F: Paul Cambell-GPR

F: Nick Klenow-North

So far Mr. Hockey is looking like it will end up in Fargo, in the hands of Nick Klenow.

Coach of the year is Jay Erickson-Fargo North

what does everyone else think?

I'm guessing the Klenow and Erickson parts are jokes...

My "useless fact of the week" ... There are 105 days in the boys high school hockey season. (November 14th through February 25th) It's hard to believe, but we're just a few days away from the halfway point.

(December 31st will be day 48.) Anybody want to select their "Mid-Season All-State team"? (3 forwards, 2 defensemen, and 1 goalie)

Boy you hit "useless" on the button.

Well, I better throw my hat into the mid season all state team.

Goaltender:

Hillman-Bismarch High

Defensemen:

Galt-South

Swanson-West Fargo

Forwards:

P. Campbell-GPR

T. Campbell-GPR

Weisgarber-South

Boy will Mr. Hockey be a tough decision this season. So many great players.

hey all, i think it rediculous how little the Forum wrote about Fargo South winning the Rochester tournament and beating two fairly highly ranked teams from Minnesota, but had a huge writeup on Moorhead's hockey team on the front and center of the sports section. it's rediculous how little respect North Dakota hockey has, even in its own community. i personally cant wait for tuesday when fargo south travels to moorhead. everyone who can make it should go to the moorhead rink to cheer on north dakota hockey. i hope south smokes moorhead so to silence all the critics who think minnesota hockey is so much better than north dakota hockey, and for north dakota hockey to get some respect in minnesota and in the forum.

I'm guessing the Klenow and Erickson parts are jokes...

Im guessing everything but Paul Campbell is a joke.

G: Sean Deichert/ Michael Hillman

D: Eric Galt

D: Andrew Peterson

F: Thomas Campbell

F: Paul Campbell

F: Paul Weisgarber

Mr. Hockey: One of the Pauls

Coach of the Year: Mark Pivetz

Im guessing everything but Paul Campbell is a joke.

G: Sean Deichert/ Michael Hillman

D: Eric Galt

D: Andrew Peterson

F: Thomas Campbell

F: Paul Campbell

F: Paul Weisgarber

Mr. Hockey: One of the Pauls

Coach of the Year: Mark Pivetz

It's a little early to say who will be all state/ won't be all state, will be Mr. Hockey, won't be Mr. Hockey. For example, the most talented player in the state (Tyler Klein), hardly gets any recognition because of the fact that he plays for Fargo North, a struggeling (to say the least) team. Say what you want but if you put him on a Grafton or Fargo South and he would be leading the state in scoring no question. In my humble opinion the favorite to win Mr. Hockey has to be Paul Weisgarber. Not only because he is a model hockey player on the ice, but also off the ice. Paul has the skill, the grades, and the respect of every coach in the state.

On the Klenow winning Mr. Hockey, come on. I don't think its reasonable to believe he has a legitimate shot at winning Mr. Hockey. He's going to have a difficult time making all conference (Not that he doesn't deserve it but he's in the shadow of up and coming Jr. Tyler Klein, and with North low in the conference they will probably only get one All Conference pick which will go to Klein.) However, Coach Erickson may have a shot at the coach of the year honor depending on how his teams turns twords the second half of the season.

It's a little early to say who will be all state/ won't be all state, will be Mr. Hockey, won't be Mr. Hockey. For example, the most talented player in the state (Tyler Klein), hardly gets any recognition because of the fact that he plays for Fargo North, a struggeling (to say the least) team. Say what you want but if you put him on a Grafton or Fargo South and he would be leading the state in scoring no question. In my humble opinion the favorite to win Mr. Hockey has to be Paul Weisgarber. Not only because he is a model hockey player on the ice, but also off the ice. Paul has the skill, the grades, and the respect of every coach in the state.

On the Klenow winning Mr. Hockey, come on. I don't think its reasonable to believe he has a legitimate shot at winning Mr. Hockey. He's going to have a difficult time making all conference (Not that he doesn't deserve it but he's in the shadow of up and coming Jr. Tyler Klein, and with North low in the conference they will probably only get one All Conference pick which will go to Klein.) However, Coach Erickson may have a shot at the coach of the year honor depending on how his teams turns twords the second half of the season.

I disagree with you, a true player rises to the top no matter what line or what team he plays for.