SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

Sorry guys, I just couldn't stay out of this one. I think WF is a great team.

I thought you said a few weeks ago that you were through posting on this site (see post #179). You indicated that you were not the person listed as the screen name that you use. Something should be done about this because it is inappropriate for an individual to represent themself as a person that they are not.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey sooperfan - like you I read this forum regularly but am not always moved to make a post. I noticed the following post that you made earlier this year. You ripped an individual for criticizing a player and then not identifying themselves. In effect, running someone down behind the protection of a screen name. You had a word for that person - "gutless." Well, the same label applies to you as you write negatives about people like Mark Bry yet hide behind the protection of a screen name. If you are so honorable then step forward and back up your post with your name. If not then you are in the same cowardly category as the person you called "gutless."

Quote from sooperfan's post earlier this year: "Sounds like you are probably the horrible one and pretty gutless i might add, that you claim to have played with him for a long time and yet don't identify yourself andjoined this forum just to rip on the kid. Either that or you are just plain jealous. I can assure you there has been plenty of dumb plays made by several Red River players including Hill, Galbreath, and I'm sure yourself."

Sorry guys, I just couldn't stay out of this one. I think WF is a great team.

You say that WF is a great team. I don't know about that one. We will see how great they are come Saturday night. RR played bad against Crookston, they will be ready for sure. I agree with soohockey15 RR in a blowout.

I thought you said a few weeks ago that you were through posting on this site (see post #179). You indicated that you were not the person listed as the screen name that you use. Something should be done about this because it is inappropriate for an individual to represent themself as a person that they are not.

He indicated he wasn't him, so how were they representing themself as someone?

Central tops North 3-0. Central played a fantastic defensive game.

Did Central really play well defensively or is North just that weak? When watching Shanley play Central the Deacons were able to get up and down the ice pretty well with Central. If you think about it after Klenow and Klein what do the Spartans bring to the table?

Top shelf is right. Central did look good tonight, but what kind of team did they really play. Giving up only 13 shots against any team is a good sign, but the real test comes next week when they face off against West Fargo, and Fargo South. Then we will all see what kind of team they really are.

Grafton-9 Jamestown-1

Red River-6 West Fargo-2

Central-5 Jamestown-2

Shanley-8 BW-0

All fairly close to my predictions, however, the Shanley vs Whap rivalry has been on-going for some time now! :D Never know with those two teams playing each other...

Did Central really play well defensively or is North just that weak? When watching Shanley play Central the Deacons were able to get up and down the ice pretty well with Central. If you think about it after Klenow and Klein what do the Spartans bring to the table?

TopShelf you make a very good point. I was at the game and it did look as though Central was playing a fantastic defensive game. But then as I watched closer it was in fact that Central's forcheck was doing most of the work. Central was all over North in their own zone and with the inexpieranced defense North has they had a lot of trouble making a good breakout pass. With that in mind, whenever North did get a good breakout opportunity they were so worn down from trying to slow the Central attackers all they could do was dump the puck in and get a switch. If North could have solved the problem of breaking the puck out they would have faired much better as from what I saw when Norths top line was in Centrals end they dominated. IMO, North is going to need some players to step up because their top line is almost always matched against the opponents, and the 2nd and 3rd lines for the opposing team have a field day. Also, Central will only be effective if they keep up the hard, physical forcheck. It's still early though, so we'll see.

He indicated he wasn't him, so how were they representing themself as someone?

By continuing to use the name of a real person as his screen name. Not everyone who reads this thread goes back to see who RGriggs says he really is (presumably not RGriggs). They see that screen name and assume it is that actual person. It is unethical to use another person's name and lead others to believe that you are that person. Presumably, this member is continuing to do that.

Score from tonight: Red River 5 West Fargo 1. Marc Mihulka making a strong case for Mr. Hockey with 3 goals and 2 assists.

I believe Marc Mihulka is former Grafton star, Rob Mihulka's son. If so, it means that Mr. Hockey could have three cousins up for the award with the Campbell cousins and Mihulka as Rob's wife is a sister to the Campbell's dads.

Interesting eh?

I was at the north south game last night and let me tell you even though north isnt very good, south destroyed them. South had to kill nine penalties and north still only had thirteen total shots in the WHOLE game. I think South is the team to beat right now. You might say that south is isnt disciplined because of the eleven penalties ( two of them coincidentals) but i gotta say that some of the calls were questionable.

Quite true. Marc, of course, is Rob's son, and cousins to the Campbells from Grafton. It would be quite an occurnce if they were the top three candidates for Mr. Hockey. (It doesn't seem to farfetched does it?)

I forgot about Weisgerber from South. He'll almost definitely make it, but I thought it interesting that the Campbell family tree provides 3 of the top players in state.

I missed the highlights of the game, but I heard that Marc Mihulka used a mythical move, one only heard about in stories of hockey games past. Called the Stop-O-Razi, Mihulka came down on a breakaway, deked one way, came to a complete stop, waited for the goalie to slide out of position, then calmly pushed the puck into the net. Anyone who has seen or been a receiver of the Stop-O-Razi know it is quite impossible to stop. Mihulka is definately one of the most talented players in the state, said by some to be less than a god, but more than a man. I know one thing for sure, I wouldn't want to be on the business end of a Stop-O-Razi.

Edited by soohockey15