SiouxSports.com Forum

Finley picks UND for 05'

Siouxhockey03

Here we go:

From the western college hockey blog:

Finley was offered a scholarship by North Dakota and Boston University, as well as a partial scholarship to Minnesota. With the likelihood of defenseman Matt Greene leaving for the NHL, as well as the off-chance of Matt Smaby going pro, and the uncertainty of Robbie Bina

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most important goal for next year is to have the boys make the field of 16 and play at the Ralph for the first round of the NCAAs. After that, anything can happen. If that comes to pass, youthful and freshmen mistakes that occur before the NCAAs will not matter or be remembered.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Forgot about that regional, and that will be disappointing if the Sioux don't make it to play at "home" as the host.

Well...not just any blog:

From gopherpucklive:

Chris "MaizeRage" Dilks: Suprisingly neutral and unbiased despite being a Michigan fan with a soft spot for both MSU-Mankato and St. Cloud State. He keeps a very well-written blog on the WCHA and CCHA at http://www.westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com, which I highly recommend checking out as a source for Western college hockey news and opinions.

I'm not sure where he gets his facts but he's been a solid source.

Here we go:

From the western college hockey blog:

Finley was offered a scholarship by North Dakota and Boston University, as well as a partial scholarship to Minnesota. With the likelihood of defenseman Matt Greene leaving for the NHL, as well as the off-chance of Matt Smaby going pro, and the uncertainty of Robbie Bina

I enjoy the posts on siouxSports because in almost every instance of someone stating speculation, the next post is always "proof?" "where's the proof?" "do you have sources?"

If only CBS had such fact checkers.

Isn't the point of these boards to speculate?

U of M is having problems recruiting 17 year olds. They cant get them into De Ja Vu.

Gophers went after Finley hard and they have like 8 defensemen for next year and Lucia still tried to make room for Finley. I bet the Don would have trimmed a couple of players scholly's to get him there. Finley's dad played football at U of M. They probably thought that Finley would goto Minnesota for sure and when they found out that he was considering being a Sioux they tried harder to get him.

And UND didn't offer Kessel anything.

I'll be feeling bad for him if the Rangers draft him.  His NHL career will be over before it starts.  :ohmy:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not necessarily. A lot of the Rangers' young players go on to have good careers on other teams. That's yet another frustrating aspect of being a Rangers fan.