SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring signing period.

siouxnami

03 Tysen Dowzak Defense 11 3-8-88 6'5" 225 Fergus Falls, MN 59 7 22 29 82

Big Kid...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mmm Tysen SMASH!! As long as he can skate/pass well enough too I'd say bring 'em, I am a huge fan of hulking thugs in our D corps :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tysen is a big defenseman who plays for Shattuck.  He plays his game a LOT like Smaby and he's just as big as Big M.

I saw him play a year ago and he looked pretty solid.  His name didn't come up too much as he has as much offensive talent as Matt Smaby.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which is not a whole lot!! But defenseman are on the team to play defense first.

Serious question of a ways down the road:

With the signing of Marto (Yay!), where does that leave us in the recruiting hunt for Dowzak and/or Finley? Both Dmen fit our style of play very well, but I am not sure if we will have room for them in 2006. I'm not sure about whether they would be willing to defer their enrollment until 2007 (Maybe Dowzak would be more willing than Finley), but anyways.

What do you all think? Will we have room? What are the ways we could still go out and get them?

Serious question of a ways down the road:

With the signing of Marto (Yay!), where does that leave us in the recruiting hunt for Dowzak and/or Finley?  Both Dmen fit our style of play very well, but I am not sure if we will have room for them in 2006.  I'm not sure about whether they would be willing to defer their enrollment until 2007 (Maybe Dowzak would be more willing than Finley), but anyways.

What do you all think?  Will we have room?  What are the ways we could still go out and get them?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dowzak's birthday is March 1988 so he will only be a senior this coming year. I would think he is big enough physically and whomever gets him may need to promise he can play right away as opposed to playing Jrs for a year. I have no knowledge of what he is thinking and have no inside info other than I know how old he is.

I think that we will be short on D-men this coming season so I think that we can get a few D-men for 06. We have Marto so far, and I know someone on this board said that Hardwick will likely wear green at some point. I think we can still go after both Finley and Dowzak because for one we will definitely lose Greene after this year (if not before) and we will lose Marvin to graduation plus we may lose Smaby after this coming year. I just think that we will still have a good shot at Dowzak and/or Finley for 06 without having either of them play 06 in juniors. I also have no inside info though, just observations.