SiouxSports.com Forum

Thank You SS.com and Members

Fedorov

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would have to do some editing, other than the back obviously :lol:, but this basic design I think would be pretty cool.

ssportfront.jpgssportback.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My only suggestion would be to make the ioux ports.com a little bigger. Otherwise it looks great. Would be awesome shirts to wear to every football game!!!

Ain't up to me. I'm just sayin'...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your right PCM BUT if three changes are made on the logo, no infringement of copy rights. The shape of the S can be changed a little, the shape of the blades on the tomahawk can be changed, the handle of the tomahawk can be made fatter or not so straight. Just changing color does not constitue change. I was also told that there is a very good person in Devils Lake who can make whatever we want and who would help with the changes so no infringement of copy rights is done. But I know MafiaMan also has someone who can do this.

You're always "just sayin'" :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I am amazed at how many legal experts there are around here on copyright laws. Most of them, I'd wager, have never had intellectual property stolen from them. Otherwise, they'd look at the issue a bit differently.

But it doesn't matter what I think. I know Jim has access to excellent legal advice on such matters.

Well, I am amazed at how many legal experts there are around here on copyright laws. Most of them, I'd wager, have never had intellectual property stolen from them. Otherwise, they'd look at the issue a bit differently.

But it doesn't matter what I think. I know Jim has access to excellent legal advice on such matters.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't remember reading anywhere in this thread where someone has professed to be a legal expert on copyright. I presented info that I said was from someone who researched the issue. I guess to some one who has not had intellectual property stolen from them Goggle is not a friend.

I don't remember reading anywhere in this thread where someone has professed to be a legal expert on copyright. 

I wasn't referring specifically to this thread.

I presented info that I said was from someone who researched the issue.  I guess to some one who has not had intellectual property stolen from them Goggle is not a friend.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I Googled this and this. Are you not dealing with "derivative works based upon the copyrighted work"?

I've definitely been pondering merchandise. Not so much as a revenue stream, but just because it would be cool. However, before doing anything like that on a large scale, I'd like to devise a logo of some sort (something reminiscent of the Sioux, but not a UND trademark), which I've just not yet gotten around to commissioning.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My amateur attempts at logo making were in response to these posts. The one with the tomahawks was just to entertain DamStrait. It is nice, however, to know that I can still start trouble without even trying :lol:

• 3 months later...
With the upcoming big day, this seems like the best post ever.  Or at least this will be the worst "bump" on SS.com.  :ohmy: 

bek028.gif

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Federov's leaving us? :huh:

So what will you be doing in the real world? Where are you going? Will you still follow Sioux hockey? Will we ever hear from you again?