SiouxSports.com Forum

Where is this possessed play coming from?

01grad

In your opinion, what is your best explanation for our recent dominating play?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion, what is your best explanation for our recent dominating play?

• Playing for Bina
    • Just all finally came together
    • Tourney time
    • Coaching
    • On/Off ice player leadership
    • Great goaltending
    • Scoring offense
    • Solid defense
    • Our luck in Boston or animosity towards their teams
    • Simply on a mission making up for last year

Sorry no all of the above, because that would be the obvious. Any others I didn't mention? Just wanted to see which single most reason you think brought this amazing turnaround. It's hard to believe that just a month ago we weren't sure if we would even be in the post-season and now look at us fit right in.

This is just awesome to watch these guys play. These will be household hockey names by the end of this tourney just as the greats of the past. Hakstol really looks like a very strong leader behind the bench and is on a mission.

LET'S DO THIS SIOUX!!!

I said coaching. Hakstol has really been underrated and I felt pretty bad when he was taking heat since I have worked with him some and he is a very very solid guy. I think he deserves a TON of credit for keeping his head up and just working hard even while bandwagoners were calling for his head. Its easy to say now that "the team just came together" but the fact is, you can bet that it was Hakstol leading the charge - keeping the guys motivated and believing in themselves while at the same time teaching them and making the changes needed to turn our beloved sioux into the dominant force that we saw this weekend!!!

North Dakota > "Hub of hockey"

The Gopher fans are already liking their chances against UND. Ha, ha, ha...

I have said it before and I will say it again, I like UND's chances if they play the Gohers again. Parise> Briggs. Oh course the third place game didn't matter. Apparently it did for the UND fighting Sioux.

I said coaching.  Hakstol has really been underrated and I felt pretty bad when he was taking heat since I have worked with him some and he is a very very solid guy.  I think he deserves a TON of credit for keeping his head up and just working hard even while bandwagoners were calling for his head.  Its easy to say now that "the team just came together" but the fact is, you can bet that it was Hakstol leading the charge - keeping the guys motivated and believing in themselves while at the same time teaching them and making the changes needed to turn our beloved sioux into the dominant force that we saw this weekend!!!

North Dakota > "Hub of hockey"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No matter what happens from here on out, Hakstol deserves the Spencer Penrose award.

Inside College hockey is calling UND win a shocker. I guess I am not all that shocked. I wonder if B.C. looked past UND. I also wonder in hind site if the East Regional is all that happy about having UND come out east and spoil HE chances of having a team in the NCAA's.

BC didn't impress me at all...like they were in a coma all weekend. I guess you can't argue going with a goalie that was 13-0-4 coming in but Schneider was HORRIBLE! Let in a goal against Mercyhurst in the first :30 seconds and one not much later against UND. He stiffened up late but...WOW :D

Awesome accomplishment though for UND to go to WOOSTA and beat two Boston teams! GO SIOUX!!

I'm now officially requesting permission to climb aboard the Sioux bandwagon.  The way your boys are playing right now, I really think they'll win it all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you take that last statement back, please? It might jinx us and then we'll boot you right off our bandwagon.... :D

Inside College hockey is calling UND win a shocker. I guess I am not all that shocked. I wonder if B.C. looked past UND. I also wonder in hind site if the East Regional is all that happy about having UND come out east and spoil HE chances of having a team in the NCAA's.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think everyone but Sioux fans would call the win a shocker. The Sioux, a bubble team a few weeks ago play BC, the #1 team in the tourney, out east after having to go through BU. I'll admit I didn't think UND had much of a chance with the draw they got. I picked them to beat BU, but didn't think they would get past BC. I'm glad I was wrong. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Michigan losing was far more of a shocker to me than BC losing to UND. Not just the way they lost, but that fact that they lost at all.

I was pretty confident UND would win the regional, but after seeing BC get outplayed and outhustled by Mercyhurst in the third period I figured they had no shot against UND.

Michigan losing was far more of a shocker to me than BC losing to UND. Not just the way they lost, but that fact that they lost at all.

I was pretty confident UND would win the regional, but after seeing BC get outplayed and outhustled by Mercyhurst in the third period I figured they had no shot against UND.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know, I would have thought that BC would have played a little more despreate after that scare from Mercyherst the day before. *yes, the Mercyworst!!* It didn't even sound close tonight for BC.

oh, and the Michigan fan in me has to say this, Yay Cornell!! :D:D

Maybe its the fact that I am usually too drunk to notice our bench, but I was at the games and it seemed like our team was together in every way. After each goal I had never seen so much hugging on the bench, everyone seemed to be enjoying it, they were nearly pilling up on the bench. Its great to see our team come together this late in the year....lets keep riding this wave.

Can you take that last statement back, please? It might jinx us and then we'll boot you right off our bandwagon.... :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I humbly apologize. I was afraid of that right after I posted it. Let me rephrase it: I'd like to ride the Sioux bandwagon as far as it goes this year, without any pre-supposition or predictions as to where that might be.

Better? :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. Article in Colorado paper today says it was Michigan's first loss in Michigan in the NCAA's in the last 10 games. Since 1998, they have only not played in a Michigan region (East Lansing, Ann Arbor, or Grand Rapids) two times. Included in that streak is the '98 game they beat the Sioux 4-3.

I just hope the 2 week layoff till we play again doesn't hurt this team.I say bring on the rodents and see how they do when the game means something.ha ha ha.Right now nobody wants to play the SIOUX,and I hope they can keep it up in the frozen four.

I just hope the 2 week layoff till we play again doesn't hurt this team.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are so many guys playing banged up right now that a weekend off might be the best thing for the team. I'm sure that Genoway, Greene, Fabian and Prpich will appreciate the extra time to heal -- and those are just the players that I know of who are playing injured.