SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS BU FRIDAY MARCH 25TH 8:00 EST

AZSIOUX

just order ESPNU for the month and then cancel it after the weekend series so you can see the games. :lol:

I have directv on satellite, but don't have ESPNU. That channel we have to pay extra for to get, and when it first came on, and to my knowledge still is, show nothing but basketball, and really nothing for hockey. I know next weekend they will show the NCAA's, but with Wisco. and Colgate (I think) playing in the midwest regional at the same time, we probably won't see the Sioux play anyway.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just glad to see that Sioux are in...four weeks ago, we all felt that they were on the bubble and might not even make the tournament, so a #2 seed is pretty good and reflects the great strides the team has made. The preferential treatment given Minnesota is typical... They are a #1 seed....and I can dunk a basketball (5'9", 18" vertical)....What I saw of Ohio State and Michigan last night, MN better be ready...

Does anyone know if the university will be selling tickets to Friday's game?  I didn't expect North Dakota to be in Worcester so hadn't prepared.  Now I'm competing with BU/BC fans ...

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, SFIB, how big is your place? :lol:

siouxfaninboston...how far is WORCESTER from BOSTON. want to fly in this weekend if it works out and just need to know about rental car situation if it works..thanks

Does anyone know if the university will be selling tickets to Friday's game?  I didn't expect North Dakota to be in Worcester so hadn't prepared.  Now I'm competing with BU/BC fans ...

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As someone else already stated, we have a real legitimate shot at an all-WCHA Frozen Four... Geez, ESPN probably wouldn't even carry the games... :lol:

Have to admit I don't understand the selection process, but I take it the process screwed CC again. Too bad for them... They are a tough team, and I think this year is the one where they finally get over on Michigan and make the FF. Denver should be thanking their lucky stars that they got a region with no other WCHA teams in it. I know I wouldn't have minded seeing the Sioux return the 2nd-round "favor" they gave our boys last year, but oh well. The Sioux get to play "ESPN dream-slayer" and knock off not one, but TWO Hockey (L)East teams...

Did anyone else hear the guy on TV who was talking about MN vs. Maine in the first round, and how when they met for the championship in 2002 that Maine won? It wasn't until he SAW that traitor slide one through Jimmy Howard's 5-hole that he corrected his blunder... What a joke... They spend all season showing bare minimum highlights from college games, and when the post season starts, they get the coverage rights? I wish CSTV (are they still around?) would be able to cover the FF, at least they are dedicated to college sports alone...

Anyways, I head back to Iraq on (not-so) Good Friday. I will follow the Sioux's drive to Columbus from there! May the Green and White continue to shock the college hockey world until there are no more games left to play this season... GO SIOUX!!!

As someone else already stated, we have a real legitimate shot at an all-WCHA Frozen Four...  Geez, ESPN probably wouldn't even carry the games... :lol:

Have to admit I don't understand the selection process, but I take it the process screwed CC again.  Too bad for them...  They are a tough team, and I think this year is the one where they finally get over on Michigan and make the FF.  Denver should be thanking their lucky stars that they got a region with no other WCHA teams in it.  I know I wouldn't have minded seeing the Sioux return the 2nd-round "favor" they gave our boys last year, but oh well.  The Sioux get to play "ESPN dream-slayer" and knock off not one, but TWO Hockey (L)East teams...

Did anyone else hear the guy on TV who was talking about MN vs. Maine in the first round, and how when they met for the championship in 2002 that Maine won?  It wasn't until he SAW that traitor slide one through Jimmy Howard's 5-hole that he corrected his blunder...  What a joke...  They spend all season showing bare minimum highlights from college games, and when the post season starts, they get the coverage rights?  I wish CSTV (are they still around?) would be able to cover the FF, at least they are dedicated to college sports alone...

Anyways, I head back to Iraq on (not-so) Good Friday.  I will follow the Sioux's drive to Columbus from there!  May the Green and White continue to shock the college hockey world until there are no more games left to play this season...  GO SIOUX!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. It's funny to see these so called college hockey experts on ESPN fumble all over themselves. Michigan, BC and UM as the top teams? Hey jojo, our thoughts will be with you over in Iraq. Stay safe and bring the joy of being a Sioux fan to all those freedom loving Iraqis.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, but I was. The ESPN crew spoke of Minnesota losing Hirsch, but no mention was made of UND's situation with Bina. Adam Wodon mentioned Brady Murray being "in and out of the lineup," but made no mention of the injuries to Bina and Prpich.

To me, one of the big stories heading into the NCAA playoffs is the illegal hit on Bina, the WCHA's response to its impact on the Sioux team.

The TV schedule shows all regionals on ESPNU, available only on directtv (609), not on dish. Have no idea whether ESPN will sell some rights to Fox regionals. Wish I still had directtv, the $12 sports pack addition would be a no brainer for next week.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If Espn does sell some games to Fox, I wouldn't count on them showing UND-BU instead of Mich-Wisc.

Anyways, I head back to Iraq on (not-so) Good Friday.  I will follow the Sioux's drive to Columbus from there!  May the Green and White continue to shock the college hockey world until there are no more games left to play this season...  GO SIOUX!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are a true Sioux fan, jojordan23, and a credit to America. Be careful over there. I'll be thinking about you until about you. Please let us know when you return safely.

South Dakota hasn't played against Boston U since 1997, when Boston U won the national championship. :lol:

I am fine with our bracket. All the #2 and #3 seeds are so close together you could throw a small blanket and cover them all. Same for the top 3 #1 seeds.

The reasons I LIKE the bracket:

1) Worcester is a regular ice surface. Not big ice.

2) BU is not playing well lately, and that is as good a first-round matchup as we could expect. (would you rather play MI in GR? New Hampshire? Ohio St? not much difference by my rationale)

3) We got the #2 seed, which is the objective method, not the new subjective process. That means we get last change vs BU, which will make it tougher for them to exploit matchups, and give Hak the flexibility to get matchups we like.

4) We already played BC at BC and we played them tough. No "mystique" for our guys about going out east and playing eastern schools.

5) There's no WCHA teams in our bracket.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I like our chances.

PS CC got screwed in the first round matchup.

South Dakota hasn't played against Boston U since 1997, when Boston U won the national championship.    :lol:

I am fine with our bracket.  All the #2 and #3 seeds are so close together you could throw a small blanket and cover them all.  Same for the top 3 #1 seeds.

The reasons I LIKE the bracket:

1)  Worcester is a regular ice surface.  Not big ice. 

2)  BU is not playing well lately, and that is as good a first-round matchup as we could expect.  (would you rather play MI in GR?  New Hampshire? Ohio St? not much difference by my rationale)

3)  We got the #2 seed, which is the objective method, not the new subjective process. That means we get last change vs BU, which will make it tougher for them to exploit matchups, and give Hak the flexibility to get matchups we like.

4)  We already played BC at BC and we played them tough.  No "mystique" for our guys about going out east and playing eastern schools.

5)  There's no WCHA teams in our bracket.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I like our chances.

PS CC got screwed in the first round matchup.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree and you can throw in that BC is just as banged up as we are with three regulars out of their lineup. My dad is out East and catches most of the games and in his opinion the BC goaltending is overrated.

South Dakota hasn't played against Boston U since 1997, when Boston U won the national championship. :lol:

Ummm..not sure if thats sarcasm or something but SOUTH DAKOTA? and whats with you saying "when Boston U won the national championship"? The sioux beat them 6-4 that year to take the championship back to Grand Forks. Sorry for correcting you if you are being sarcastic, but i wasnt sure. My guess is you are referring to the commentators saying south dakota in 2000, and the guys on espn saying that maine beat minnesota?

It's not surprising, and actually funny, that ESPN and the whole eastern contigent has BU/BC in the final. Even funnier that many are mad that the two teams are placed in the same regional. So, does one assume the look on Parker and BU players faces when they were placed in that region were because they had to face BC, or they had to face ND first?

As far as TV, the Worcester, Grand Rapids regional game times do overlap. Guess finding directtv with ESPNU is going to be the only chance for watching the Worcester regional, no matter if Fox gets the games or not. They will not show BU/BC/ND over Wisco/Mich/CC.

Like me, you all should be thrilled with your teams bracket. While every game will be tough, none of them will be unwinnable. Then BC who will be tough, but UND if UND can maintain the effort they played with this weekend they will have a very reasonable shot.

The best part about the Gophs/Sioux brackets is that neither will face DU/CC/Michigan unless they make the NCAA final. And at that point anything can happen.

It's not surprising, and actually funny, that ESPN and the whole eastern contigent has BU/BC in the final. Even funnier that many are mad that the two teams are placed in the same regional. So, does one assume the look on Parker and BU players faces when they were placed in that region were because they had to face BC, or they had to face ND first?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The commentator pushed the question to Parker about a BU/BC matchup, but he knows and pretty much stated that the UND game will be a battle. Unlike ESPN, Parker will not put the cart before the horse.