SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota Rule

BostonSiouxFan

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Times change, change with them or get left behind.  When Brooks was coaching Minnesota got 99.9% of all the Minnesota kids they wanted.  They came right from High School.  Now ther are 5 div. 1 schools in the state and most kids do't go to div. 1 from HS.  We may, ok we are arragont but most Gopher fans would not want to go back to recruiting only Minnesota kids.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good points.

I never had a problem with Gopher fans being proud of their all-Minnesota teams. I completely understood their pride.

What I did have a problem with was those Gopher fans who used the all-Minnesota teams as an excuse for the Gophers' lack of national championships. Those sames fans acted as if other teams in college hockey were somehow "cheating" by not emulating Minnesota's self-handicapping recruiting practice.

Newsflash. Us Gophers fans aren't the only ones capable of arrogance. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Coach Hakstol said he will from now on only recruit hockey players from the state of North Dakota. Those currently on the team or have signed letters of intent can stay. Hakstol thinks that North Dakota is so good at hockey it doesn't need anyone else from "outside" to help it win.

Someone then asked what happens if a blue chippah, say a future Zach Parise, wants to attend UND. Hakstol quickly said no. This is about pride, and we will show the country we are the best. He was also quick to point out we like others who are like us, and cited that team chemistry will rise instantly.

I would just like to know where you heard this from, typical gopher fan always comin at the sioux with no sources.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sagard is one of the more level headed not-so-arrogant (sagard, you ARE a Gopher fan, so... guilty by association ;):lol: ) poster on this site. The fact is, as much as you'd like him to be a troll, he's speaking the truth. There are some posters on this site that, at times, I feel are arrogant. If you want a variety of arrogant fans, go to USCHO.com's fan forum and look through Badger, BC, BU, Maine, and UNH threads.

There is arrogance in every league, every sport, and every team's fans. Just we're not so much :D

I don't know if this is the right thread or not, but why do we have to play the afternoon game today?  :D  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think this is the thread where we're supposed to talk about why nobody makes a college hockey video game.

Well, let's see the Gophers lose tonight and get screwed by their own Minnesota rule because they will have to play the afternoon game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, but the Gophers can't lose tonight because it would ruin my bold prediction. :D

PCM, this weak one is getting out of hand.  I will take care of it.

RW77, Yzerman wants to meet you tonight at REA.  He wants to meet you at the Olympic Ice enterance tonight at 12.  He only has time to meet you, so come alone.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D

This is scarier than Anderson's officiating.  I mean, the Twin Cities already have to top 5 worst drivers in the nation WITHOUT inclement weather!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't worry, I am not driving this weekend. I will be consuming adult beverages, and it is not wise to drink and drive in the cities too many cops. I can imagine there were a lot of weaving on I-94 east last night back into Wisconsin. Thank God they took the band with them.