SiouxSports.com Forum

Colby on Crutches

shep

I didn't think the hit was that bad but he definately landed wrong/funny, it wasn't an earth shattering hit. I hope he can be back soon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Watching on TV, Gilbert got his hands up high and flipped him (probably should have been a penalty). It looked like Genoway came down hard and akward on his upper back/neck (also looked like he might have cracked his head pretty hard on the ice as well).

Watching on TV, Gilbert got his hands up high and flipped him (probably should have been a penalty). It looked like Genoway came down hard and akward on his upper back/neck (also looked like he might have cracked his head pretty hard on the ice as well).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wanna hazard a guess what the result would have been had Greene done the EXACT same thing to Crater-Face Earl? (5 min. & a DQ)

At the end of a scrum Friday, near the end of the game Greene gave someone a punch that knocked them back about 3 feet.  It really did look powerful.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Saturday?

He got in a good shot (actually a couple) when Wisco nearly scored at the end of OT on Sunday that at the time seemed warranted after the two Wisco tackles at the other end.

In fact, I was yelling at the TV screen for the big Sioux D to tackle the Wisco guys before they got the good chances at the end of OT. There is no way Campion was going to make another call.

What about Campions "no call" when Licari speared Schneides in the ding dong on Sunday afternoon, at least one of the linesman saw it from our point of view.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, maybe Andy shouldn't have been eating Hostess products during the game. :silly:;)

What about Campions "no call" when Licari speared Schneides in the ding dong on Sunday afternoon, at least one of the linesman saw it from our point of view.

Siouxhockey5

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you see Schneider's elbowing a player to the head about a minute before the spear? The TV saw it. It happened along the boards just shy of the Sioux bench (probably aligned with the faceoff dot in the zone on that side of the ice). At least, his elbow was up and the UW player's head snapped good.

It was retaliatory. Both Likari and Schneider should have been called really.

What is the status of Genoway?

I saw the Schneider "elbow". It wasn't a sharp elbowing motion. He was attempting to block Lacari's inside track to the puck and he just flipped Lacari on his back with his arm/elbow. Only a few seconds later, Lacari skated up to him from behind and committed the "spear" if that's what you want to call it... The both should have gotten penalties. What amazed me is that Schneider did not retaliate later for the spear...

What is the status of Genoway?

I saw the Schneider "elbow". It wasn't a sharp elbowing motion. He was attempting to block Lacari's inside track to the puck and he just flipped Lacari on his back with his arm/elbow. Only a few seconds later, Lacari skated up to him from behind and committed the "spear" if that's what you want to call it... The both should have gotten penalties. What amazed me is that Schneider did not retaliate later for the spear...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think Schneider didn't retaliate because:

1. It was a close game and he didn't want to be the cause of a PP goal.

2. He figured that, as a leader, the best retaliation is to keep Bucky from winning, even if it was only a tie.

3. Third time's a charm. 100 to 1 Campion would have called it.